Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2009, 11:28 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,173,029 times

Advertisements

For infants, will the eyebrow color later influence the hair color?

Has anyone had a kid and noticed his eyebrow change in color over time? Particularly speaking if at birth, the eyebrow color and the hair color are different. Would the hair color likely shift towards the eyebrow color?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 02:36 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post

Has anyone had a kid and noticed his eyebrow change in color over time? Particularly speaking if at birth, the eyebrow color and the hair color are different. Would the hair color likely shift towards the eyebrow color?
To me, a big part of the fun with babies is that you just don't know how they are going to turn out. You have to wait to get your answers.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:58 PM

2,839 posts, read 9,980,333 times
I don't remember what color eyebrows my son had, but the tiny bit of hair he had was light brown. Now it's more of a medium brown.

My daughter was born with fiery red peachfuzz and invisible blonde eyebrows.

Now that she's almost 6, her hair is slightly less fiery, but her eyebrows are still pretty invisible.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:07 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,073 times
Quote:

I don't know, my eyebrow color stayed light as my hair got darker with age so my eyebrows reflect my hair color when i was 4 yrs old. Not vice versa.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:33 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,936,034 times
No, but a predisposition to have a certain hair color later might influence eyebrow color now. You've got the cause and effect backwards.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:01 PM

650 posts, read 2,178,887 times
Quote:

My youngest son was born with strawberry blonde hair and eyebrows. Now his hair islight blonde and so are his eyebrows. I expect them to darken more as he gets older just like his siblings.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:09 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
mine were very light brown almost blonde, so was my hair...by the time I was 10 they were very dark brown almost black and my hair was dark brown. Go figure- still trying to figure where my lovely long blonde wavy locks at 3 went to!! LOL

Old 01-27-2009, 04:51 PM

2,199 posts, read 3,357,507 times
My ds was born with white/blonde eyebrows. His hair (what little he had) was red. Bright red. That hair fell out (!) and white/blonde hair grew in. Over time his hair and brows darkened to medium golden brown.

My dd was born with black eyebrows and black hair. Her hair lightened to a medium dark brown with red highlights and remains so to this day. Her eyebrows stayed black.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:23 AM

517 posts, read 1,963,739 times
These things all seem to change over time. My son's eyebrows were so light blond when he was born my daughter, 2 at the time, said "Mommy, why he has no eyebrows?"

His eyebrows gradually turned darker to light brown and his hair went from light brown to blond (and I think will eventually turn back to brown someday).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting