Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2009, 08:29 AM

339 posts, read 1,515,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
"In Nadya's view, the money that she gets from the food stamp program ... and the resources disabilities payments she gets for her three children are not welfare," he said. "They are part of programs designed to help people with need, and she does not see that as welfare."
By the way, does anyone know if any of the things that she depends on fall under the umbrella of "social services" that have been suspended in California?

Has it been strictly "services" suspended and not "payments" (SSI, disability, food stamps, etc.)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 09:22 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,114,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LorrieLynn View Post
So quick one is to judge another. To each their own. Whether it is liked or not, those babies are here and deserve a chance at life just the same as any other baby born in the United States.
I am concerned for the safety and well being of these other 6 children that aren't getting a book deal. Concerned for their mental health and well being and how they are likely to be neglected while this women cares for her other 8 babies round the clock.
From where I stand, the only way for these children to get a FAIR chance at a happy normal life is to be removed from this crazy woman who will soon grow bored of her new 8 kids and will feel the need to once again reproduce. She is not stable emotionally, mentally or financially and she is unable to CARE for her children without her mommy around? LAME.

SHE IS PLAYING HOUSE. And when her dolls get too old she has to buy new ones. and that is EXACTLY what she has done, and will continue to do if allowed.

Quote:
Ya know, if people were as quick at lending a hand as they are to judge someone, maybe this place would be a little better. Instead of putting the woman down, help out by giving blankets, bottles, diapers, or whatever. She might just surprise everyone. I for one would love to have more children, I just choose not to. She isn't the first woman to have a multiple birth situation and it's guarenteed she won't be the last. She gets a TV show, oh well. She can rank up like Jon & Kate plus 8. She writes a book, she can go into detail about all the children. No one really knows how she felt about her childhood of being an only child, in which that could have made her want alot of children, so they aren't alone either.
Frankly, who cares how she feels about her childhood being an only child. That is her EXCUSE to do feed her HABIT.

I was an only child and that is NOT NORMAL BEHAVIOR for anyone, incuding adults who grew up as only children. It is not normal to blame your parents when you are 33 yrs old -so much so- that you claim the reason you are obsessed with having babies is their fault because you never had siblings??
That is ridiculous. Otherwise ALL only children would have multiple children. Something is wrong with her.

Quote:
As for the grandmother stating they have to feed the 6 children in shifts, what the heck is that? Those children aren't little tiny babies that have to be held to feed. She should be like other grandmothers and welcome grandchildren, whether it's 6 or 14.
She should be like other grandmothers and get to have the kids visit once a week for a few hours. MOST grandmothers are not raising their daughters 6 children while she is off popping out 8 more to satisfy some sick irrational desire. This grandmother is kicking herself in the butt for not having ditched her daughter and her brood sooner and made her daughter STAND on her own two feet- that may have slowed this baby process if she had to actually care for them ALONE.

Grandma (who may end up having a breakdown) is at her wits end and it is NOT HER RESPONSIBILITY to care for these children. It is the daughters- and she seems incapable of doing so without her mommy around. HA- Some "great" mother.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:54 AM

1,806 posts, read 5,689,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
She did NOT choose a multiple birth situation. She chose to risk that to obtain at least one. I'm sure it wasn't her goal to have litter, she just had to risk it. She already has a passel of kids she can't take care of at home, she doesn't need any more.
Actually, by accepting that many embryos to be implanted, she did make a choice to have a multiple conception - the risk was explained to her. She made another choice to carry all to term when she discovered 8 had successfully taken. She stated as much in the interview.

For a woman so blinded by her desire to have a brood, she did not stop to consider the consequences. That appears to be a pattern.

Last edited by 33458; 02-10-2009 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: Clarification.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:14 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,689,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I hate to say it stormy night, but she did create the perfect storm. Look at Casey Anthony, most of us would agree she is guilty, yet private citizens are sending money to support her cause. I'm pretty sure Ms. Suleman will appeal to some bleeding heart organization. She has given all the children biblical names, I'll bet some off-beat religious group will end up adoring her and send her money.
You're not kidding...went over to the Feminist site (found the link here somewhere - this place= GlobalComment » Nadya Suleman and the Choice We Never Respect) and read all kinds of crazy "It's her choice, I'll give her my money!" comments, so much that I had to stop reading...some serious crunchy there.

Funny, I always thought one of the great morals of Feminism was that we could take care of ourselves - certainly one I stand behind...so why is this unflattering enigma held up as a positive example?

Last edited by 33458; 02-10-2009 at 12:25 PM..

Old 02-10-2009, 12:15 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,026,775 times
Where were these people a month or two ago? Why are they just going public now?
Grandma was 'okay with the kids' for months..now she's going nuts?

Old 02-10-2009, 01:03 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,055,668 times
All of you be aware that a lot of times there are 'plants' who enter a forum for the sole purpose of defending a very controversial event; i.e. family members and/or neighbors, or PR firms (?) when things get overly critical.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the only defending posts submitted by someone close to the lunatics (so called mother, PR firm, clinic)

Old 02-10-2009, 01:19 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,055,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Where were these people a month or two ago? Why are they just going public now?
Grandma was 'okay with the kids' for months..now she's going nuts?
Soooo much of this doesn't make sense.

She didn't seek prenatal care until she was months pregnant already (most likely so it would be more acceptable that she carry all of them).

She says 6 to 8 embryos were implanted each time, for all 6 pregnancies (funny how, besides the twins, this is the only one that resulted in multiple births).

No one heard a word (going back to Gypsy's post) about someone being pregnant with multiples until they were born (The grandmother has only been outraged since they were born?)

She has 3 older kids who are disabled (She must not have very good genes. The odds are unbelievable that 3 out of 6 would be disabled. I wonder how many of the new ones will be.).

She's not on welfare, nor will be, but her money comes from welfare and food stamps (?).

Is welfare and disability enough to take care of all those kids, and leave enough at the end of the month to get expensive fertility treatments, manicures, lip jobs, etc.? (I wasn't aware welfare was so lucrative.)

She has 6 kids at her parent's house, yet she's staying someplace else. Hasn't seen older kids for months but goes to the hospital to touch all the new ones every day.

She refuses to marry the sperm donor to all 14 kids, although he has asked (He is on at least 3 of the birth certificates.).

Where is she getting the money to pay for the PR firm?

Wow, the list goes on, and on, and on... .

Old 02-10-2009, 01:45 PM

1,401 posts, read 3,765,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaindow View Post

One of the following is true:
a) she's very ignorant
b) she's very manipulative
c) she's very delusional

My vote is 'D' all of the above.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:52 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,530,715 times
And don't forget Nutty as a Fruitcake. I will not watch this interview she is on tonight. I guess they will interview the 6 and see how they feel about what craming in 8 other people in their bedroom.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:30 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,486,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post

Where is she getting the money to pay for the PR firm?

Wow, the list goes on, and on, and on... .
The PR firm went to her. The economy is in the toilet, so this was probably something they ran too b/c it's so outragously stupid that people like me who complain about it still listen...it's better than trying to figure out the stimlus bill

The Today Show does not pay for bookings.

The first appearance of the nutcase was to "test the waters" & see how she was received along with sort of teasing the public to see if they wanted more...

The PR more than likely had her sign a contract where they receive a % on bookings, book deals, etc in which the nutcase will receive any royalties.

Everyone is trying to cash in on this...in the end the nutcase will sit there with her bad cosmetic surgery, new manicure, and whispering voice as the state of CA spends the next several years paying off the hospital bill.

As for the welfare comment...if that alone doesn't prove she is manipulative & delusional...

If I was the PR firm, I'd be banging my head on the wall over that comment.

My goodness, she was interview by Anne Curry...how soft & easy could it get....yet her nature came through loud & clear by some very specific comments we've all noticed.

The PR firm did an awful job prepping her on questions. Oh, wait, she was probably "stopping her life for her children" when they wanted to prep her...

What the heck does that mean "I'd stop my life for my children". No, you wouldn't nor did you...you continued to spew out babies b/c it fit your agenda of nuttiness...

The train wreck that just keeps on going...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting