Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 01:41 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times

Advertisements

Multiply that number by 50. Statistically, the number of sex offenses that are reported in the US could not possibly have happened unless there were at least 50 times as many offenders as the number that have been prosecuted and convicted and placed on the sex offenders list. So for every sex offender that you think is in your neighborhood, there are at least 50 more that have gone unreported and you don't know about, nor does anybody else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 05:01 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,705,568 times
There aren't any in mine. Does this mean I actually have 50? All this info keeps our kids safe & that's good. But it makes me nervous all the time. I never let them out of my sight & I sit in the yard & watch every pedal they take on their bikes, I don't let them leave our street. My parent's sure had it easier when they didn't know all of these stats.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:16 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,056,190 times
Southeast Hendricks County their is around 70 with 25 that are unmapable.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:23 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzySWW View Post
There aren't any in mine. Does this mean I actually have 50? All this info keeps our kids safe & that's good. But it makes me nervous all the time. I never let them out of my sight & I sit in the yard & watch every pedal they take on their bikes, I don't let them leave our street. My parent's sure had it easier when they didn't know all of these stats.
It does not keep our kids safe. There has been no decline in the number of children being sexually molested since they started mapping the offenders.

You have let this list defeat you. You have let the list make you nervous. You have let the list imprison your children. Ignore the stats, and you will have life just as easy as your parents. Molesters are not destroying your mind and the lives of your children. You are.

This is a terrorist plot. There are no molesters. These sites are created by Muslim Terrorsts, who tell us all that our neighborhoods are full of predators, so we give up our freedom to go out in our own neighborhoods and let our kids play and sleep soundly at night. Again, just like on 9/11, they have defeated us, using nothing but fear as a weapon.

What I said about terrorists is not true. But what if it was? See how easy it would be to defeat us, and destroy our liberty? Using nothing but fear as a weapon?

Old 07-05-2009, 09:25 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
There are 2 or 3 in my area.
Honestly, there not the ones who worry me.
There are plently without criminal records.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:33 PM

501 posts, read 1,881,585 times
Arrow Please read this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabolissa View Post
Click National Sex Offender Registry Enter your City & State, and you'll see an interactive map with offenders' photos and conviction information. You can also sign up to receive notification when an offender moves in/out of your neighborhood.

Learn their faces, and know their offenses. Protect your children and yourselves.

//www.city-data.com/so/sexoffenders.html
This Registry is a step forward, but what you should be aware of is the issue of Offenders who are now classified as homeless. Find the addresses of some shelters of halfway houses in your town and look them up.

This means they could be anywhere, including out of state! They could be living under bridges or even with roommates or friends.

All that's required is that they "register."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting