Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 03:14 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,579,134 times

Advertisements

"Oh my. Oh dear me. Wow."

Breitbart.tv » ‘Jon And Kate Plus Eight’ Mom Reacts To Birth Of CA Octuplets
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 03:20 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,055,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Oh my gosh! I cracked up when her daughter said she likes dad better and that she doesn't like living in such a big family! I bet she got a talking-to afterwards! Too funny.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:35 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,065,318 times
Her "Oh my..." reaction seemed a little bent to me. Like she was thinking that, let's see, there's ME, then there's the Duggars, now there's a whole new bunch to STEAL AWAY MY ATTENTION.

She clearly didn't want to talk about the octuplets, the way she turned the attention back to her and the noise from her kids.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:50 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,055,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
Her "Oh my..." reaction seemed a little bent to me. Like she was thinking that, let's see, there's ME, then there's the Duggars, now there's a whole new bunch to STEAL AWAY MY ATTENTION.

She clearly didn't want to talk about the octuplets, the way she turned the attention back to her and the noise from her kids.
Funny. That's true!

Old 01-30-2009, 04:32 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,509,367 times
It wasn't Kate or her kids that got to me...it was the interviewer with her stupid & lame questions that were dumbed down...

I would have to be heavily medicated in order to sit through interview questions as painfully stupid as the host asked.

The daughters have always been a handful & have no problem speaking their mind. Like mother, like daughter...

Old 01-30-2009, 05:36 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,524 times
As I just wrote in another post , this story about this women sounds odd to me all around. But what impact does a show like Jon and Kate plus 8 have on people who watch it. I don't know if this mom did but lets be honest. When the show started it was based on a family that had 6 kids at once and twins. It was to show the day to day struggles of the family. True isn't wasn't to give people the idea that they didn't want and love the children. AS much as I wish they would take it off I do think that Jon and Kate thought about this, Jon had a job and Kate if needed was a nurse. They got help. But now the show has turned into watching them get things and go places because they had these 6 kids and have this show. THey even said without the show they wouldn't do or have what they do. For some watching that show that may not be stable who knows what they think or what they may do.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:55 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,509,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
As I just wrote in another post , this story about this women sounds odd to me all around. But what impact does a show like Jon and Kate plus 8 have on people who watch it. I don't know if this mom did but lets be honest. When the show started it was based on a family that had 6 kids at once and twins. It was to show the day to day struggles of the family. True isn't wasn't to give people the idea that they didn't want and love the children. AS much as I wish they would take it off I do think that Jon and Kate thought about this, Jon had a job and Kate if needed was a nurse. They got help. But now the show has turned into watching them get things and go places because they had these 6 kids and have this show. THey even said without the show they wouldn't do or have what they do. For some watching that show that may not be stable who knows what they think or what they may do.
I haven't seen the new episode where they have the new house...but I've heard it's pretty extreme...acreage & a stable for horses....in today's world, ESPECIALLY right now, many cannot nor do they WANT to relate to that sort of thing.

What was appealing about Jon & Kate in the beginning was how normal & real their life was & how they did do it.

Now, they've gotten sucked into the tv life & it's no longer real.

I wouldn't want the new house & tummy tuck if it meant I lost who I was at one time.

I've always wondered what famous people would do if one day it was just all gone...how would they exist when the tv cameras stopped coming & the $$ from sponsors stopped....

Really, these sort of things make me feel blessed & lucky I have the life I do. I'd never want to be in Jon or Kate's shoes nor the woman in CA who made this very questionable & almost sad, decision.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:15 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,449,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
I haven't seen the new episode where they have the new house...but I've heard it's pretty extreme...acreage & a stable for horses....in today's world, ESPECIALLY right now, many cannot nor do they WANT to relate to that sort of thing.
I haven't watched them at all since the earliest shows and oh my oh my oh my - She's thin! She's extremely done! She's a celebrity dame!

Good ratings turn to a good ad revenue, and turn to a good purse of coins for them.

I'm not watching an average mom anymore - I'm watching a very upper crust dame managing maids and nannies and personal trainers and dietitians... Paris Hilton with kids?

Old 01-30-2009, 07:13 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,065,318 times
She not only seems ME oriented, but did you see how she grabbed that little girl by the shoulder? And one of the twins said she likes Dad the best. That mother doesn't seem like a very nice person. All that fame went to her head and made it very, very large and ugly.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:39 PM

1,363 posts, read 5,926,686 times
I love Jon and Kate...she cracks me up. They like dad better because Jon plays with them all the time while she has to take care of the discipline and organizing everything that needs to get done during the day. And if you think she's mean from just watching that bit of an interview, you should watch the show and see Jon when he's left home alone with them...he so can't take the pressure-LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting