Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2009, 04:18 PM

96 posts, read 323,052 times

Advertisements

Families say the darnest things. Use this thread to report some of them....

One year, a husband decided to buy his mother-in-law a
Cemetery plot as a Christmas gift. The next year, he
didn't buy her a gift. When she asked him why, he replied,

"Well, you still haven't used the gift I bought you
last year!"
And that's how the fight started.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 03:59 AM

1,224 posts, read 3,368,705 times
My poor Dh, I hate to leave him in a rooom alone with my Mom, she just rips into him, then he rips into her after awhile. They are just to much alike, both good harted people would do anything for anybody, however neither one has a verbal filter and they just tell it like it is. Personaly they should do a talk show together it would be a riot.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:06 AM

831 posts, read 2,432,180 times
I have three children. And they were all at the age of questioning Santa, Tooth fairy, Easter Bunny, etc. I felt at the age of 10 it was time to give one up. Besides I kept forgetting to leave the money and they had pretty much lost all their baby teeth. My daughter asked "mom are you the tooth fairy?" I said ok I'll admit it I am. My sons response was "really, so you went to Eddies house last night and put the money under his pillow"

Old 02-16-2009, 12:28 AM

895 posts, read 4,242,482 times
Speaking of the Tooth Fairy...when my 5 yo lost of her first tooth, the TF left her $5. Now the TF knew this was a one-time thing to mark this special occasion. When my DD lost her next tooth, she received $1 from the TF. She came up to my room at 5:30AM to tell me she was upset because the TF was "cheap" and only left her $1. I explained that the first amount was a special amount and the current money under her pillow was the going rate (of course, she has friends receiving $20 bills--but that isn't happening at our house). Her response was that her teeth are worth more than $1. Now, she says she'll accept the $1 under her pillow but she's not giving up her teeth. So, six teeth later, the TF has one tooth in custody and my DD has the other 5 in a box...or somewhere in her room (I actually have no idea where they are)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting