Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 07:50 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,066,982 times

Advertisements

Why doesn't this surprise me.

Tonight on TV they showed footage of her in the house they have been living in. It's trashed, windows have duct tape on them from being broken and not repaired and the kids were monsters.

What kind of fool would allow her and that litter of kids rent their house? It will be destroyed.

She repeatedly says she doesn't want to have to give up control, but I'm betting that those who come in to assist will not be allowing those kids to trash the house and act like animals.

Last edited by stormy night; 03-03-2009 at 08:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 07:58 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,336 times
Those poor children. What is that woman going to do?

Old 03-03-2009, 08:26 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
Funny how they visit and visit but the kids hadn't been taken away? Was it because they found the kids to be safe after all?

I just don't understand. I don't think she comes close to being called the "mother of the year" but if there was a problem in the past, and welfare was called and they did nothing THEY ARE JUST AS MUCH TO BLAME. If they came and ruled everything "ok," then it's done!
I'm sure it is difficult to prove neglect. When a social worker shows up, it is just a snap shot of the home life, not the whole picture of what goes on every day. I think it takes a very extreme case to have the kids taken away. They can't take away every kid that wanders off.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
They can't take away every kid that wanders off.
Maybe not, but when they see a pattern emerging they watch with more interest.

Once those new babies are released, there will be a lot of people around. The thing is, that won't last forever. Sooner or later all that help will burn out and she will be expected to take care of all 14 ALL BY HERSELF. That's when Child Protective Services will have to be watching closely.

She can't reap the benefits of this forever. Public interest and all the money she is expecting will dwindle over time (as it always does) and she will be left holding the bag. Then, and only then will reality hit her and she will have to face what she has done.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:31 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
She can't reap the benefits of this forever. Public interest and all the money she is expecting will dwindle over time (as it always does) and she will be left holding the bag. Then, and only then will reality hit her and she will have to face what she has done.
Yes. Unless she is able to receive a huge amount of welfare forever, people are eventually going to forget about her/get tired of her and won't think to donate to her anymore and she will be in a big mess. Hopefully THEN she will not be providing adequate food/shelter/health care and CPS will step in.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:37 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
With the report of the missing child.............. after seeing the pics of the inside of that house it isn't a wonder a couple kids get lost everyday under the pile of crap. Those tiny babies are going to be lost and misplaced with all of the clutter in that place. I also would not trust the older siblings around the babies. One of those babies is going to get hurt by one of the older 6 kids. She is NOT going to be able to properly supervise them at all. Even home childcare providers can't have 14 kids under their sole care by law.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:44 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times
As she spins her web of lies & deception...she said that all the calls to the police where made by an angry neighbor...funny, b/c there is one where she called the police b/c she couldn't find her 5 yr old who was walking around the block with the grandma...

I believe it just indicates the severe issues that are rampant in this family & that even the neighbors can't stand this woman...long before she made national news....

It's such a pathetic & sad situation. But a commentary in Newsweek hit it right on the head that we are eating up & that the kids are being pawned off so we can eat it up....

If she was anything of a mother, she'd get herself & fishlips off the internet & tv & just secure her children. She has yet to do that...

For the sheer safety of her children, she's done NOTHING.

Again, her actions speak far louder than her words.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:13 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
Maybe not, but when they see a pattern emerging they watch with more interest.

Once those new babies are released, there will be a lot of people around. The thing is, that won't last forever. Sooner or later all that help will burn out and she will be expected to take care of all 14 ALL BY HERSELF. That's when Child Protective Services will have to be watching closely.

I realize that, and I'm glad they already have an eye on her. I was just responding to the poster who wondered why they hadn't just taken all the kids away already.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:46 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I realize that, and I'm glad they already have an eye on her. I was just responding to the poster who wondered why they hadn't just taken all the kids away already.
Because it's CPS! And CPS in CA to boot.

She's a manipulator & coniving. She has all her bases covered when it comes to keeping her money tickets in her home.

"Supposedly" there is very bad blood b/w her & the neighbors. Surprising, seeing the incredibly charming personality she has ...and that the neighbors have been out to get her. Remember, it's the world versus Nayda!

CPS is not perfect & we've all heard the horror stories of neglected children that CPS could not take from the home due to all the red tape along with the serious manpower issues every CPS faces.

Imagine the logistical nightmare of taking 6 children & then 8 premmies from their home? The emotional & psych impact would be horrific on the children for it appears that the grandmother & "mother" have, to some extent, been parents in the Webster's definition of "parent".

Again, another reason people are so up in arms with this nutcase. Her sheer actions based on greed & selfishness have harmed her children. And that is so wrong.

Sometimes, the abuse that cannot be seen is the most damaging & permanent.

They have their eye on her, but so does a law firm who is looking in on cashing in on this nutcase so I am sure that the law firm is making sure those kids stay in the home & telling this "mother" what she has to do in order to keep her children, etc, in order for her to cash in on the kids.

10-15 years from now we'll see what this has done. And it will be heartbreaking.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
If she was anything of a mother, she'd get herself & fishlips off the internet & tv & just secure her children.

Funny you should say that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting