Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 08:29 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,056,190 times

Advertisements

I would report immediately
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 01:36 AM

1,036 posts, read 3,067,984 times
report it please!!!!!

Old 03-05-2009, 04:17 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,866,271 times
Default To Report or Not to Report

This post is so horrible that I am tossed between responding and letting it go. However, just in case anyone else has EVER run across this horrible behavior in a small child I felt compelled to answer.

First of all...YES report this child's behavior. One part of your post that got to me was you said that the mother of these kids is suppose to have supervised visits with them. What was she doing at your place using the computer with the kids? Who is suppose to be supervising her? This is what at first made me feel that maybe this was a post for shock factor only.

Look, if this is for real and you are witnessing this little boy's behavior and doing nothing about it, then you become almost as guilty as the parents are. First tell your boyfriend, their Uncle, right? Then...tell the authorities and fast.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:06 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,929,449 times
I agree with everyone's advice - this definitely needs to be reported.

If you and your boyfriend stay in your relationship than these kids will be your child's cousins. This type of behavior is inappropriate and sad at this age, but when your daughter and this little boy are pre-teens or older, this will be a frightening situation if not addressed NOW!

Little kids who are in a hyper-sexualized situation are being abused - things will only get worse. Do everything you can to help get these little ones into a safer, more child-friendly environment. TODAY!

Old 03-05-2009, 05:22 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
I would report it and then see what happens but if I were you I would get away from these people they dont sound like someone you want to be around . It sounds as though you are a decent person and they dont sound like they are nice or respectfull at all . They really dont sound as though they care for the kids either . Please find it in your heart to report it . They will however probably suspect that you were the one that called and I fear for your safety so perhaps when you do call you should be no where around them for fear of retaliation . I wish you the best of luck .

Old 03-05-2009, 09:04 AM

1,458 posts, read 4,130,940 times
Report it.

In the past, I would have been more lenient, give the benefit of a doubt, wonder if it is a "big deal".

But I have had neighbors who have grafically displayed WHY I should never give the benefit of doubt again when I am concerned about a child who's parents have such poor judgement.

My neighbors would go through friends/support systems...so when someone started catching on to their MO, they'd move on and find someone else who was sympathetic to their cause. They also would hand their child off TO ANYONE...even someone they JUST met at the 7-11.

This child is now 5, has been in and out of foster care, handed around to family, lived in women's shelters, had dad in jail for looong times ("my dad won't pee in a cup and they make him go to jail"), and ....guess what??? that's right! It is now obvious he has bee sexually abused.

Report it. It will appear to you that there is nothing being done...but KEEP reporting. If there is something wrong, report it. Keep this child's name on the top of someone's desk. If people don't report things, then when something goes really wrong there is no "history".

Old 03-05-2009, 09:17 AM

15 posts, read 21,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
This post is so horrible that I am tossed between responding and letting it go. However, just in case anyone else has EVER run across this horrible behavior in a small child I felt compelled to answer.

First of all...YES report this child's behavior. One part of your post that got to me was you said that the mother of these kids is suppose to have supervised visits with them. What was she doing at your place using the computer with the kids? Who is suppose to be supervising her? This is what at first made me feel that maybe this was a post for shock factor only.

Look, if this is for real and you are witnessing this little boy's behavior and doing nothing about it, then you become almost as guilty as the parents are. First tell your boyfriend, their Uncle, right? Then...tell the authorities and fast.
My bf is this womans older brother. i dont know for sure if she has unsupervised visits yet because the court told her she has to pass 3 drug screens and a bunch of other stuff to be able to be alone with them. Her mother is the custodian she is supposed to be supervisiing the visits but my boyfriends sister always claims that they are her kids she will do with them what she wants. the little boy liees a lot. in fact they put him up to saying a bunch of stuff. when his mother lost custody they made him tell the caseworker that his dad is mean to him. that is the only reason he didnt get custody.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:38 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,850,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelyhousewife View Post
My bf is this womans older brother. i dont know for sure if she has unsupervised visits yet because the court told her she has to pass 3 drug screens and a bunch of other stuff to be able to be alone with them. Her mother is the custodian she is supposed to be supervisiing the visits but my boyfriends sister always claims that they are her kids she will do with them what she wants. the little boy liees a lot. in fact they put him up to saying a bunch of stuff. when his mother lost custody they made him tell the caseworker that his dad is mean to him. that is the only reason he didnt get custody.
write a well thought out letter to the caseworker, cc it to the judge, child protection agency, attorney general's office. The little boy lies alot but his ACTIONs speak louder then words.
The problem is this: If this behavior is not resolved in this child soon, then he will grow up. He will think it is OK to grab, molest, act out with females. No matter his age or theirs. I knew a little 6 year old boy ( a friends cousin) who thought nothing of grabing my shirt at the neck and yanking it, then yelling "I saw her boobies". His father though it was funny and laughed. I was about 10 at the time and mortified, so much so this is the first time I have told anyone. (into my 40's now).
I have a friend whose daughter was in one of those large plastic style playhouses. The boy was in with her was trying to get her undressed so he could be her pimp and she had to be tested out first. That boy was arriested several times later in life for aggrivated sexual assualt.
I am not saying all this will happen to that boy but what of the effect it he will have on your kids, now or in the future? If you do nothing... then you risk more then you would lose if you do something. Your BF should understand you need to put you children first in this case and try to help that boy.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:55 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,332 times
I would report this but also be prepared that this won't be anything. I have been a pass Foster parent and worked in schools and daycares. I had a situation very much like this with a 5 year old and a doll. It went nowhere. I 'm not saying this would either but kids can from a bad pass act very different than children who aren't. I had worked in a school the same time I was a foster parent. THis boy in first grade would get in trouble in the classroom and he would get sent to the office. By the time he got there and back he had told staff he hadn't ate anything and come back with pockets of food. It wasn't true. He had in his life had experienced a lot and had learned skills. Now this is worth reporting but just because he said his Mom and her boyfriend taught him this may not be true. They may watch shows and he may see them. One reason it may be looked into is that the Grandmother if I understood it has the children so they are with her and not the parents already. Here is the question for you and your boyfriend if they remove would you both take him or be approved to take him. With family when you do report you should have a small plan in your head if they do remove . YOu can report and the family won't know it was you.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:00 AM

1,806 posts, read 5,704,418 times
Report...and be extremely cautious about having those folks in your house. The mother does not sound like someone I'd leave alone in a room, and unfortunately because of his young experiences, I'd not leave the little boy 'unattended', either.

My husband has some distant, estranged family that had similar dysfunctions, so although it boggles my mind, I have a reference for extremely bad behavior involving the offspring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting