Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 10:01 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,056,886 times

Advertisements

So sad. This poor 4 year old is losing his childhood innocence. Please call and have the professionals decide if anything should be done. It won't be your decision. You can report the questionable behavior and your suspicions, but they will determine the course of action, as it should be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 10:35 AM

3,422 posts, read 10,904,348 times
yes. Make the call.

Do not leave the boy unattended with your children.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:46 PM

15 posts, read 21,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I would report this but also be prepared that this won't be anything. I have been a pass Foster parent and worked in schools and daycares. I had a situation very much like this with a 5 year old and a doll. It went nowhere. I 'm not saying this would either but kids can from a bad pass act very different than children who aren't. I had worked in a school the same time I was a foster parent. THis boy in first grade would get in trouble in the classroom and he would get sent to the office. By the time he got there and back he had told staff he hadn't ate anything and come back with pockets of food. It wasn't true. He had in his life had experienced a lot and had learned skills. Now this is worth reporting but just because he said his Mom and her boyfriend taught him this may not be true. They may watch shows and he may see them. One reason it may be looked into is that the Grandmother if I understood it has the children so they are with her and not the parents already. Here is the question for you and your boyfriend if they remove would you both take him or be approved to take him. With family when you do report you should have a small plan in your head if they do remove . YOu can report and the family won't know it was you.
In my oppinion and my bf's the child belongs with his father. He is a good man and the only reason they are filling his head with these lies about him being mean etc is because the childs mother is jealous that he has a wife and a new family. The man pays child support, begs for visitation, and tries to make this boy behave himself. If that is being mean to the boy then most of us that are good parents are just being mean.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:48 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,750,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelyhousewife View Post
In my oppinion and my bf's the child belongs with his father. He is a good man and the only reason they are filling his head with these lies about him being mean etc is because the childs mother is jealous that he has a wife and a new family. The man pays child support, begs for visitation, and tries to make this boy behave himself. If that is being mean to the boy then most of us that are good parents are just being mean.

Then make the call so the child gets removed from the grandmother and placed with his father.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:27 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,544,358 times
If she lost custody and is alone with the kids, report that. That should have ramifications with the grandmother not doing her job. You can report then report the boy's actions. I'd also call the father so he can go to court for custody.

Old 03-07-2009, 12:40 AM

1,009 posts, read 875,499 times
The boy who acts like he is humping your girl is probably ruined beyond repair. Keep him away from your children before he takes them down as well. He's the sort of person who in five or six years will be starting fires and torturing small animals, then ten years after that he'll probably have graduated to either serial killing or serial raping.

I would put as much distance between my family and that kid and his loser parents as possible.

The kid is probably a write-off, short of divine intervention. Once his foundation is corrupt and rotten that's all there is to it...

Old 03-07-2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
The boy who acts like he is humping your girl is probably ruined beyond repair. Keep him away from your children before he takes them down as well. He's the sort of person who in five or six years will be starting fires and torturing small animals, then ten years after that he'll probably have graduated to either serial killing or serial raping.

I would put as much distance between my family and that kid and his loser parents as possible.

The kid is probably a write-off, short of divine intervention. Once his foundation is corrupt and rotten that's all there is to it...

Are you serious?

Old 03-07-2009, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
Are you serious?

Ted Bundy started playing with knives at age three. One time he arranged a bunch of knives around one of his female relatives who was sleeping. She woke up to see a collection of knives lying around her, with a smiling three year old Ted Bundy holding a knife.

If a four year old kid is wrestling with a girl and picks up her legs and begins to simulate humping her, I believe the kid has a rotten foundation and foundations are not something that are easily changed.

When you build a house on bad ground and it begins to sink, how do you fix it? If the foundation is on shaky ground or the foundation itself is bad, the entire structure will eventually fail.

The OP has an obligation to protect her daughter from creeps such as that boy. She doesn't have an obligation to play therapist to that boy and risk him corrupting her children by being around them and exposing them to his nasty behavior.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
If a four year old kid is wrestling with a girl and picks up her legs and begins to simulate humping her, I believe the kid has a rotten foundation and foundations are not something that are easily changed.
You are wrong. At 3-4 year old children imitate adults all the time. They will copy what ever they see without understanding its significance.

BTW there are plenty of people who have grown up in bad environments who are productive members of society. You just do not hear about them on TV. There are also sociopaths that are born to loving caring people.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
You are wrong. At 3-4 year old children imitate adults all the time. They will copy what ever they see without understanding its significance.

BTW there are plenty of people who have grown up in bad environments who are productive members of society. You just do not hear about them on TV. There are also sociopaths that are born to loving caring people.

By the age of three or four a child has reached the point where he has internalized basic morality. Either he has it or he does not. If a four year old sees his dad raping a woman he will likely internalize that as a normal and healthy behavior, and barring a few exceptions he will keep that view for his entire life.

Either you have a conscience or you don't, it's not something you can magically gain at age 12 or 15 by talking with a therapist, if you didn't have it at age four.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting