Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will you react toward your gay or lesbian child?
Outburst of rage, then disown and reject the child. 4 3.54%
Lecture/berate the child about God and ethics and then remain indifferent to his or her needs/opinions/concerns. 2 1.77%
Remain neutral yet you refuse to support any GLBT activities or events. 12 10.62%
Be supportive, empathetic, concerned, and helpful. 95 84.07%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 11:59 AM

756 posts, read 2,219,152 times

Advertisements

Make that the 3 trolls

Old 03-16-2009, 12:12 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
There are two theories I have...

1- People are gay because they are brainwashed into it, like a cult. They are emotionally vulnerable, coming from broken homes, or they are victims of abuse, and they wind up suckered into the cult of homosexual perversion. The older homosexuals try to convince young and confused kids, "the reason you are sad isn't because your dad beats you and your mom is using heroin, it's because you're really gay but you're not being true to that part of you! You need to be gay so you can be happy!" Once the kid starts experimenting with gay sex they have a powerful hold over him and they keep him mired in that gutter lifestyle for as long as they can, using him to recruit others. This is what I consider the scientific theory.

2- People are gay because they were such vile sinners that God entirely withdrew from their lives and left them to fall into the most horrid and vile forms of depravity. It was only natural they would become homosexuals. This is what I consider the scriptural theory.
My opinion is that those are two of the most ignorant, ill-informed theories I've ever heard. I'm gay, was never beaten, molested, or even knew a gay person until I was in my 20s. I came from an unbroken Christian home. Nor did I ever encounter any "gay cults"

Old 03-16-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Oh bastion of wisdom, explain to us the reasons for homosexuality!
Probably population control, and a general need of hair stylists, waiters, and interior designers.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:41 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,209,453 times
Quote:
Oh bastion of wisdom, explain to us the reasons for homosexuality!
You don't think it's natural? Tell that to the gay penguins who raised a little baby penguin. There are examples of natural homosexuality in multiple species, even in bees. I put much, much more stock in nature than in a 2,000 year old book, that's for damn sure.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:17 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
I wonder if the gay penguins and gay bees are going to go to hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
You don't think it's natural? Tell that to the gay penguins who raised a little baby penguin. There are examples of natural homosexuality in multiple species, even in bees. I put much, much more stock in nature than in a 2,000 year old book, that's for damn sure.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I wonder if the gay penguins and gay bees are going to go to hell?
I don't know, but I hear the Penguins always have the nicest nest on the island.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:44 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
I hope you're being flippant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Probably population control, and a general need of hair stylists, waiters, and interior designers.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:18 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
Quote:
There are two theories I have...

1- People are gay because they are brainwashed into it, like a cult. They are emotionally vulnerable, coming from broken homes, or they are victims of abuse, and they wind up suckered into the cult of homosexual perversion. The older homosexuals try to convince young and confused kids, "the reason you are sad isn't because your dad beats you and your mom is using heroin, it's because you're really gay but you're not being true to that part of you! You need to be gay so you can be happy!" Once the kid starts experimenting with gay sex they have a powerful hold over him and they keep him mired in that gutter lifestyle for as long as they can, using him to recruit others. This is what I consider the scientific theory.

2- People are gay because they were such vile sinners that God entirely withdrew from their lives and left them to fall into the most horrid and vile forms of depravity. It was only natural they would become homosexuals. This is what I consider the scriptural theory.
Nope.

I have always known that I was different since I was a small child. I knew I was a little different from other boys before I even understood what sex was. I was certainly never abused as a child and I was never around "older homosexuals" either. I didn't begin to realize what "gay" meant until I was around 13 years old and going through puberty, and I didn't start to have sex until I was almost 19. When I finally came out to my Mom (at 19) she told me that she had always known but was waiting for me to tell her.

Going by your theory #2 I guess God decided I was a vile sinner at about 8 years old?

Old 03-16-2009, 02:26 PM

1,009 posts, read 875,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Nope.

I have always known that I was different since I was a small child. I knew I was a little different from other boys before I even understood what sex was. I was certainly never abused as a child and I was never around "older homosexuals" either. I didn't begin to realize what "gay" meant until I was around 13 years old and going through puberty, and I didn't start to have sex until I was almost 19. When I finally came out to my Mom (at 19) she told me that she had always known but was waiting for me to tell her.

Going by your theory #2 I guess God decided I was a vile sinner at about 8 years old?

God decides whether or not you have a place in His kingdom from before the foundation of the world. Either your name is in the book of life, written from before the foundation of the world, or it is not. If you have no place in the Kingdom you have no place in the Kingdom, it's that simple.

God hated Esau before he was even born. "Jacob have I loved, Esau have I hated."

It is called sovereign election. His universe, His rules.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:31 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
God decides whether or not you have a place in His kingdom from before the foundation of the world. Either your name is in the book of life, written from before the foundation of the world, or it is not. If you have no place in the Kingdom you have no place in the Kingdom, it's that simple.

God hated Esau before he was even born. "Jacob have I loved, Esau have I hated."

It is called sovereign election. His universe, His rules.
That's funny. I always thought that we could choose to accept God and then we would get into heaven as long as we didn't sin or were forgiven for our sins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting