Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 10:21 AM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
Kudos for making their older children lose their childhood raising the younger ones? Kudos that "alone time with mom" is a REWARD and not a given?

No. The Duggars don't get any kudos. Nadya Suleman is crazy. So are the Duggars. It's just two slightly different forms of bat-shyte crazy.
I agree.

I also wonder about the media's role in this.

I was flipping through the TV last night and caught a show on TLC called "Twins, Twins & Sextuplets ". Oh. Great. I searched their site this morning and notice they have a (new?) series called "Kids by the Dozen ".

Stop the madness.

I think I'll shoot them a quick email explaining that I plan to boycott their sponsors.

I also plan to write to my reps in congress asking them to consider introducing some legislation governing the reproductive industry. "Guidelines" and self-policing don't seem to be doing the trick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 10:28 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
Sooooo it is ok for the Druggers to have 18 or 19 kids? It is ok for them to go on tv which is supplementing THEIR income. Is it anyone's opinion that just because the Druggers are married it is ok for them to have 18 kids? Talk about economy and breaking the bank..there is no way the Druggers are taking care of all these kids on their own...do I hear Government help here too? Come on...fair is fair. Didn't the Druggers just build a new home?? Where did that money come from?
They built the home over several years through a kit. Yep, a kit, like homes that were built in the 50s. At the end, they did bring in help for the wiring & major plumbing. For several years, they lived in a rental.

Michelle Duggar WORKED with her husband in real estate for quite some time.

He WORKED in real estate & was a state rep.

The word here: WORKED & STILL WORKING.

They buy from thrift stores & use hand me downs & donations. They do not go & spend $1,000 on makeup.

They make their own clothes detergent & use a wood stove to heat the home during the winter.

They own several acres of commericial property along with getting income from a cell phone tower that was put on that property. They own a used car sales business.

Again, they work. They generate their own income.

They hold a set of VALUES. May not be what you nor I agree with, but they openly express their value system, instill it in their children & expect their children to live by.

And yep, it is a COUPLE. A support system that does not berate each other & tell random people that one person is mentally ill or this person is that, etc. They are a COMMITTED COUPLE.

And yes, a HEALTHY, FUNCTIONING suppport system b/w the parents along with the children does make a difference.

A single mom on welfare who can't hold a job to save her life & continues to indulge HERSELF as tax payers try to figure out how to pay a close to $20 million dollar hospital bill that THEY are going to have to shoulder b/c "she was lonely as a child" crap.

The Duggars are not the norm. They don't plan on being the norm. Have they sold out to an extent? Depends. They still live quite humbly & still hold very serious family values.

Sorry, pimping your NICU babies on DR PHIL of all shows is pathetic & ridiculous. She is a manipulative, selfish woman who will convince EVERYONE that it is THEM, not her, who has the issues.

And here it is...EVERYONE ELSE to take care of her children.

The Duggars take care of each other. This sick family does not. They lie. They manipulate. They are selfish in taking absolutely no responsibilty for the actions of all of them. And that is all the difference.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:28 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
I also plan to write to my reps in congress asking them to consider introducing some legislation governing the reproductive industry. "Guidelines" and self-policing don't seem to be doing the trick.
There are already bills in MO and GA to limit the number of embryos that may be implanted in IVF procedures. There may be some in some other states too.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:30 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,755,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post

The word here: WORKED.
Uh...as I understand it, they get a LOT of financial help through their cult.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:36 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
Quote:
They built the home over several years through a kit. Yep, a kit, like homes that were built in the 50s. At the end, they did bring in help for the wiring & major plumbing. For several years, they lived in a rental.

Michelle Duggar WORKED with her husband in real estate for quite some time.

He WORKED in real estate & was a state rep.

The word here: WORKED.

They buy from thrift stores & use hand me downs & donations. They do not go & spend $1,000 on makeup.

They make their own clothes detergent & use a wood stove to heat the home during the winter.

They own several acres of commericial property along with getting income from a cell phone tower that was put on that property.

Their children are spread out over the years. Not 8 at one time.

They hold a set of VALUES. May not be what you nor I agree with, but they openly express their value system, instill it in their children &
exactly the key word here worked . I dont believe octo has ever held a full time job according to her mother . yes and they did not have all their kids at once either . and they are getting income because they invested and worked at things in order to support their kids !! Octo is off her rocker and I do believe these children would be better off without her . she is twisted and these kids will turn out the same way unless someone puts some sense into their heads !!!

Old 03-17-2009, 10:40 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
Uh...as I understand it, they get a LOT of financial help through their cult.
Hey, it's privately generated income. I'm sure there is some sort of communal policy. So be it. The state of Arkansas isn't paying for their medical bills.

Can't compare the two. Just can't.

I'm not all into the Duggar lifestyle but I'd take living with that family any day over fish lips, her creepy daddy (though the dad on the Duggars has a creepy thing going on two) & beat down mom.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:47 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,072,850 times
I agree with some of the posters who feel tv promotes this cult of glorifying multiples.

Anyone who has ONE infant screaming will realize very soon that 'having multiples" may be 'cool' but it's a heck of a lot of work.

Having 16, 18 kids? Just because you have the money and 'don't get help' does that make it right?

Why is it that fugly people think breeding up a bunch of kids is 'good?' (note examples from tv...)

Old 03-17-2009, 11:10 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,815,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
Why does it always have to come down to hurting "us" in the pocket..I am not a rich person as probably the majority of you are not and maybe Nadia is two bricks shy of a full load but those kids...my God...they do need people to help them. Gloria Allred has her nose in anything that gets her in the public eye and I think that this is just something else. Dr. Phil has been working with Nadia and there is a group of people already going into this house that Nadia's FATHER bought to childproof it. What I want to know is why hasn't anyone been this brutal on the Druggers who have I believe 18 or 19 kids now? She keeps popping them out one after the other...they have their own tv show...that's ok though, right? Like I said, it is about the BABIES now, not our pockets, your pockets, calling them a litter..whatever...the BABIES.
Nadya made the down payment, her father has an income, so he HAS to be on the mortgage.

He should have cut her off years ago. He's just as batshyte crazy as she is.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:17 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
Yes and the thing is like my hubby says this will start a craze of people having babies for money and freebies which I hope it does not but there is always that chance . Oh gee honey lets have 20 kids and we can be on tv and get freebies " . gawd would that not be awfull to start a craze like that in this country .

Old 03-17-2009, 11:41 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,755,434 times
Quote:
Hey, it's privately generated income. I'm sure there is some sort of communal policy. So be it. The state of Arkansas isn't paying for their medical bills.

Can't compare the two. Just can't.
I wasn't. I was merely pointing out the fact that everyone saying the Duggars worked for everything they have are mistaken. They did NOT earn everything they have. Much of it was given to them. I never claimed it was given to them by the government, so don't put words in my mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting