Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 06:45 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,478 times

Advertisements

I heard the same thing about the house. I didn't hear she had to move but fix it. Someone will zoom in and save her. The bottom line is house or not the women is off that is the issue here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 07:13 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,424,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I just heard on the news just now the social worker just did a walk through today and said the new home is unsuitable for the family and now they have to find some place else to live . they are also issuing her a summons to this home in order to do a walk through with her . she had no where near enough beds , dressers or any kind of furniture for these babies they might go into foster care after all .
I didn't hear that, Dr Phil's show today showed pictures of an open staircase and the banister spindles being too wide apart / unsafe for the children so a contractor will make the corrections. Some of the babies are ready to come home now so I'm sure they want to do this quickly. She's also getting donations of cribs, bunkbeds, changing tables etc from an organization, the feeling is that the babies shouldnt go into foster care b/c they are medically fragile and kids in foster care can slip thru the cracks, they're better off w/ her and a huge team of caregivers who will be trained to take care of them (all, incl. the 6 older kids).

Old 03-11-2009, 08:38 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,478 times
Well hers a thought. Have the kids stay in the house with the caretakers and she leaves and lives elewhere.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:09 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,149,376 times
Dr. Phil has found her someone who will re-do a part of the house as a nursery, complete with designer cribs, dressers, the works! Also, he found her a contractor to re-do the stairs and anything else needed for her house to be up to par, AND a floor person who will install new carpeting etc, anything those babies need. Man, now I'm thinking, what was I thinking by getting married, waiting four years to have my first baby, then another 6 years to have another one then another 5 years to have another one and make sure I was emotionally ready for each baby and had the financial means to support all three. I had it all wrong!! I should have gotten knocked up and lived off the system.

Old 03-12-2009, 02:13 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,935 times
But why designer cribs????. She really needs designer cribs?

Look at this photo with her new duds on...she's looking more and more "California celeb"

Old 03-12-2009, 05:09 AM

1,219 posts, read 4,218,650 times
What I don't get is, why she didn't just find a family-friendly house in the first place, for all that dough she spent? I saw the Radar vid of the tour-the staircase alone would have caused me to not buy that house (as a parent with young kids). It's a poor layout for a large family. The market in CA is tanked, right? Could she have not found something more appropriate?

Old 03-12-2009, 07:23 AM

3 posts, read 3,543 times
Everyone may be judging her, but she walked right into it! Anyone that has 14 kids by herself is just asking for it, and she doesn't have the means to provide finicially for them except for the state of CA, thank God I don't live in CA because I would be even MORE pissed that I have to pay for her childrens medical costs and food intake! I'm from IN, if there is a house that is 560,000 it is huge, maybe she should move to another state, but not IN, I don't want to pay for her kids!

Old 03-12-2009, 07:37 AM

3 posts, read 3,543 times
Welfare is meant for the people who need it, not abuse it! Unfortunataly, our goverment is not that way. If you don't work and have children, you are rewarded with more foodstamps and more goverment money. What I believe is EXTREMELY sad is the people who actually need it, don't get it because they actually get off their ass and work everyday, but just can't make ends meet! Why not drop octomom off of assistance and give those families 3 to 6 months of assistance. They would appreciate it more and most likely not ABUSE it like she has!

Old 03-12-2009, 09:22 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,402,817 times
Ye who is without sin, cast the first stone. OR something like that. I was not being sarcastic, I was defending Octomom.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:15 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,205,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
Ye who is without sin, cast the first stone. OR something like that. I was not being sarcastic, I was defending Octomom.

I might have sins, we all do, but I know for a darn fact that I didn't get pregnant through IVF and DELIBERATELY have six embryos implanted thus resulting in 8 children. That's AFTER I already had six children with no job, no money, no way on earth to support them other than KNOWING FULL WELL that the system will come through for me. And to top if all off, strapping my own mother with the responsibility of taking care of 6 children, ages 7 and under while I get further IVF treatments, plastic surgery, manicures, etc. Is this even for real?

If this happened in a country that didn't REWARD irresponsibility and lack of forethought, this would not have happened. Octo-mom has depended on her parents who are her original enablers. She has used them, lied to them (told her mom and dad that each of her pregnancies was a "tumor" until it became evident that she was pregnant and could not deny it anymore). Furthermore, the state of California has been FORCED to enable her and the people of California and the nation feel as if they are being shaken down to contribute money. This is extortion.

Her children are being used as tools for her to get her agenda. She is a pretty smart cookie as it pertains to using people to get what she wants. People are angry about that; the children are the innocent pawns in all of this. She runs the scam system in America as efficiently as Donald Trump and Bill Gates run their businesses. I will give her that.

In her defense (as crazy as it might be), shows like "Eighteen and Counting" (the Duggar family in Arkansas) and "Jon and Kate plus 8" - are examples of pimping one's family/children/privacy for money and commercial endorsements. I can see where she might get the idea that she could do the same. At least she's being "entrepreneurial." In that regard, I don't even blame her. I mean, what's good for the goose is good for the gander...

However, what I HATE the most if that her youngest ones will most likely have various disabilities, possibly life-long for the mere fact that that this mad science experiment is not normal. I HATE that even after she's gone and her parents are gone, these little babies/kids will become adults who might need special assistance for the rest of their lives in order to try to even live a semi-normal life. That is what I despise the most; that little innocent lives were created in order to further one's own agenda. Using someone else's live to enich's one's own at the expense of someone else seems very, very wrong to me and to many other people.

Yes, she needs a house and she will get it...but God, there's so much more here....the house is the least of the worries.

Last edited by Donna7; 03-13-2009 at 09:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting