Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 09:12 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,066,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinmomma View Post
I'm free now.... I'll PM you the destination
I'm ready and waiting. Roger, out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2009, 09:17 PM

The Rio it is, although I think she will be discovered since it IS a very heavy traffic area. However, that's quite a drive from here. Bring some snacks and I'll bring some Kool-Aid. Kool-Aid, Hmmmm that rings a bell, and Dr. Feel says you can't unring a bell.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:20 PM

1,429 posts, read 4,282,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
The Rio it is, although I think she will be discovered since it IS a very heavy traffic area. However, that's quite a drive from here. Bring some snacks and I'll bring some Kool-Aid. Kool-Aid, Hmmmm that rings a bell, and Dr. Feel says you can't unring a bell.

ymmm Kool Aid.... I want the red kind.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinmomma View Post
ymmm Kool Aid.... I want the red kind.
You got it. Would you prefer I don't put the stuff in it that Jones put in his?

Old 03-19-2009, 09:46 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,348,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaindow View Post
Uggg.... sorry to harp on this but I despise bad journalism! And this is a case of bad journalism if the OP did in fact read an article that indicated Mattel defined tween as age 5-8, because they did not.

Mattel is releasing Tweenage Dora for kids age 5 and up. They are defining the new Dora as tween, not the age group it is geared towards!

Dora Grows Up!

and

Mattel - Investors & Media - Mattel and Fisher-Price(R)Showcase New, Innovative Toys and Games at New York Toy Fair
I think you are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaly View Post
Thats what I think too. In my experience, having 3 little girls, little girls seem to like things that are slightly older than them. Like Dora..my kids LOVED Dora..when they were 2-3. My 5yo is bored with Dora now, she says Dora is for babies. She likes Spongebob now.
My 8yo is obsessed with Hannah Montana, High School Musical, etc. Now, the characters in those shows/moves may BE teenagers, but those shows target audience is actually NOT teenagers, it is more the 9-12 crowd. Just because a character is a certain age, doesn't mean the target audience is that same age.

So I took from what I read from Mattel that Dora herself would be a tween and she would be marketed for the 5-8yo set.
Hell my daughter is 4 and she loves Hannah Montana & such, just from it being on when her older brother is watching tv.

she would absolutely love a bratz doll but since I think they look like tramps I refuse to buy them.

I think the older Dora looks cute and I'd really rather her be interested in this older Dora than a Bratz doll, Hannah Montana, the teens on Suite Life of Zack & Cody, etc....

Dora looks fine, she's a tween, marketed to 5-8 year olds it seems, no need to panic!!! Disaster averted.

I don't even think the jewelery is too much. She's adorable, I'd buy her.

Original Dora's hairstyle was horrible anyway, and any Dora Doll you buy looks funny because it's real hair and the cartoon has that huge bowl shaped head of hair. Giving her realistic looking hair is a good move, if you ask me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting