Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 02:01 PM

2,091 posts, read 9,048,239 times

Advertisements

when my youngest had issues with this, heres what we did,
Went to the aromatherapy section of the store, she picked out some Lavender spray, (its calming and promotes sleep, she didnt KNOW i was steering her twords it, she thought she picked it out on her own hehe) and we got her a fishtank. The light stays on at night, she can watch her fish (that she picked out and didnt you know but monsters are actually allergic to fish?? who knew!?!) and we havent had any issues since.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 05:12 PM

1,312 posts, read 4,775,894 times
My son is also 5 and we have had the monster issue. First thing we did was get rid of all his dinosaur posters...turns out at night, they looked very scary with the shadows from the night light.

When needed, we also do a monster search. While DS is in bed, I will look under the bed, behind the curtains, in the closet, places like that and report as I look that they are monster free! It seems to work pretty well.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:50 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Where did kids ever get the idea that A) there are monsters in the first place, and B) that they are bad? Can you create equally credible anti-monsters, to neutralize the danger of having monsters in the room?

Old 03-26-2009, 05:12 AM

515 posts, read 1,557,995 times
I bought a monster on ebay once... Mom had listed the monster from under her daughter's bed for a penny, so I bought it. I told her that the monster in my son's closet was getting lonely. True story! It made the little girl feel better, but I never told my son...

~D

Old 03-26-2009, 12:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
im sorry i neglected to mention the technique is to stand in a lighted hall and stare into open dark rooms. the child must be alone for this to work. he dares them to come out and yells at them. they dont--- this is proof that they are cowards and he is not. works great.
he must be alone for this to work.
the dark must not envelope him or the monster wins.
the fear of monsters is the light.
next step is to step into the dark room, 1 step and yell at them. step again yell some more.
we have a winner.
works great for adults too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting