Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 11:01 AM

947 posts, read 2,398,565 times

Advertisements

So many funny stories and sweet ones! Thanks for posting them! Were do kids get this stuff? LOL keep them coming!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 11:10 AM

This Christmas was kind of a hard one my DH got laid off at Thanksgiving and was unable to find work until after Christmas. My oldest son who is only 7 told me once "do not worry about getting me Christmas presents this year. You just make sure those kids get presents" talking about our younger 4 children! I just boo whoed!! They all got Christmas though thanks to some nice people!

Old 04-03-2009, 11:27 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,647,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
Awww so sweet well it sounds like you did a good job with them!!

Thanks, stacieberry, I love em to death - - - but now, here's the other side!!!

My daughter at 3 got mad at my son and kicked him "you know where". I chewed her out and told her that you never do that, and proceeded to send her to her room. I can hear her screaming and crying in her room, so I head in that direction and get to her door just in time to hear in crying sobs "I'm just a son of a b**ch!" Oops, she must have heard her Dad in the garage!

For my son.......... I don't know if you ever saw the movie "Without a Paddle", but obviously my son saw a small part of it. There is a part where one of the guys in the movie makes a comment about having to sleep next to someone's - - pardon my language "sweaty ball sack". Anyways, we picked my son up at school when he was about 8, and he got in the car and said "Whew, I am a sweaty ball sack!" I almost died! He could see my shock, and said "What, I say that all the time" So, at that point I had to explain what that was! Then he was the one that was shocked - - - that he had been saying that!

Old 04-03-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsh1127 View Post
thanks, stacieberry, i love em to death - - - but now, here's the other side!!!

My daughter at 3 got mad at my son and kicked him "you know where". I chewed her out and told her that you never do that, and proceeded to send her to her room. I can hear her screaming and crying in her room, so i head in that direction and get to her door just in time to hear in crying sobs "i'm just a son of a b**ch!" Oops, she must have heard her dad in the garage!

For my son.......... I don't know if you ever saw the movie "without a paddle", but obviously my son saw a small part of it. There is a part where one of the guys in the movie makes a comment about having to sleep next to someone's - - pardon my language "sweaty ball sack". Anyways, we picked my son up at school when he was about 8, and he got in the car and said "whew, i am a sweaty ball sack!" I almost died! He could see my shock, and said "what, i say that all the time" So, at that point i had to explain what that was! Then he was the one that was shocked - - - that he had been saying that!
lol

Old 04-03-2009, 01:34 PM

758 posts, read 1,871,515 times
I also have one about my daughter, she is the oldest and when she was 4 1/2 we had our first son. She was disappointed that he was a boy but not real upset. When he was about a month old she was standing over me as I changed his diaper on the floor and matter of factly she said " huh, so he really is a boy". I'm guessing she was hoping we were playing a trick on her that whole time and that maybe he was really a girl! She seemed pretty disappointed after that.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:24 PM

2,467 posts, read 4,859,032 times
Here is another one. Before I proceed I just want to say I have no idea where she came up with this.

Anyways when my youngest was around 5 we went to visit my mom and sister. She has this stuffed elephant that she carried all over the place. Anyways my sister was watching her one afternoon as my daughter sat and was sweetly singing some tune to her elephant about how much she loved her and what not. My sister just sat there quietly listening to this sweet little tune with a smile on her face. My daughter who was off in her own little world at the time must have caught a glimpse of my sister watching her. She all of a sudden stopped singing, looked at my sister and says, I'm not gay!

My sister was so stunned, she wasn't sure what to say as the thought or question had never even crossed her mind. All she could manage to get out as a response was, Glad to know that, thanks.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:22 PM

2,839 posts, read 9,979,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsh1127 View Post
Thanks, stacieberry, I love em to death - - - but now, here's the other side!!!

My daughter at 3 got mad at my son and kicked him "you know where". I chewed her out and told her that you never do that, and proceeded to send her to her room. I can hear her screaming and crying in her room, so I head in that direction and get to her door just in time to hear in crying sobs "I'm just a son of a b**ch!" Oops, she must have heard her Dad in the garage!

For my son.......... I don't know if you ever saw the movie "Without a Paddle", but obviously my son saw a small part of it. There is a part where one of the guys in the movie makes a comment about having to sleep next to someone's - - pardon my language "sweaty ball sack". Anyways, we picked my son up at school when he was about 8, and he got in the car and said "Whew, I am a sweaty ball sack!" I almost died! He could see my shock, and said "What, I say that all the time" So, at that point I had to explain what that was! Then he was the one that was shocked - - - that he had been saying that!
Oh gosh, that reminded me of something my son did!

When he was 4, we were at a first-playdate with a new friend. Her son was also 4. The kids were running around laughing and saying things like "you're a silly chicken!" "You're a funny monkey!" etc, and suddenly, my son yelled out in glee, "You're a hairy cocker!" We were at a rec center, surrounded by maybe a dozen other moms and their respective children, and I swear, the room was silent when he screamed that out. I asked him what he meant, and he just looked confused and said "we're just being silly!" (Thankfully, the other mom did not hold that against us, and we continued being friends after that!)

Old 04-03-2009, 09:26 PM

2,839 posts, read 9,979,824 times
Oh, and here's one that happened recently. THis was actually not my child, but I could totally and absolutely see this coming out of my daughter's mouth in a public restroom!

DH and I had left the kids with Grandma and went out to dinner. When we were done eating, I went to use the bathroom. In the stall next to me was a little girl and her mother. I heard the mother say "okay, let's hurry up and get back to the table," and the little girl was audibly making grunting sounds. I kind of laughed silently to myself, because my five year old often decides to go poop at very inopportune times too. Suddenly the little girl said, "Mom! This poop coming out feels like a boot falling into a river!" The mom just said "oh, that's good, let's hurry now."

I managed to hold in my laughter until I got outside.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:30 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,347,484 times
When my son was four I got into a lecture about how he needed to finish all his food, there were starving children in the world, some who were soooo poor they had to eat out of the garbage.

This really stuck with him and we talked about it for a couple minutes.

Then he said "Well, it must be really nice of me to not finish my food and throw some of it away, so when the poor kids go through our garbage there is something there for them to eat"

ROFLMAO! Only my kid could use this conversation as a way to justify throwing out some of his food out.

Then I told him that if he had the intention to feed a hungry child, throwing food in the garbage was not the way to go about it, that we can drop off good clean food to the food pantry.

Can you imagine this from a four year old?

Old 04-03-2009, 09:52 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,227,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanandpumpkin View Post
Oh gosh, that reminded me of something my son did!

When he was 4, we were at a first-playdate with a new friend. Her son was also 4. The kids were running around laughing and saying things like "you're a silly chicken!" "You're a funny monkey!" etc, and suddenly, my son yelled out in glee, "You're a hairy cocker!" We were at a rec center, surrounded by maybe a dozen other moms and their respective children, and I swear, the room was silent when he screamed that out. I asked him what he meant, and he just looked confused and said "we're just being silly!" (Thankfully, the other mom did not hold that against us, and we continued being friends after that!)

I've been having a real bad couple of weeks and this really made my night. I actually laughed outloud! I haven't done that in weeks. Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting