Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 06:47 AM

758 posts, read 1,872,076 times

Advertisements

My 20 mo old, who can't talk yet, has been very good at communicating nonetheless. It was nearly bedtime and I was trying to get him settled down so I started singing to him. First he started pointing his finger at me forcefully and saying dah ( don't know what that means), when I didn't stop singing he put his finger to his mouth and shushed me very irritated ( like you would do to someone in a theater! ). I had to do it again because it was so funny and sure enough he went through the same routine with me and again when Dad tried to sing to him!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 06:55 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,735,893 times
The other day the song "I Kissed A Girl" came on the radio and my 7 year old asked "is she gay" and I just answered yes to blow over it quickly lol, then it says "girls are so kiss-a-BUL" and he says all annoyed like "wait a minute, so she's kissing a girl, her boyfriend and a BULL" rofl...all of us in the car were rolling when my other 7 year old had to clue him in that she wasn't kissing a bull, that girls are kiss-a-bul lol....

Old 04-16-2009, 07:16 AM

947 posts, read 2,399,166 times
Once we were eating out and I could not decide what to eat. I asked out loud oh man what do I want?
My then 3 year old said"you should get a salad cause your fat" gee thanks!

Old 04-16-2009, 04:04 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,648,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
Once we were eating out and I could not decide what to eat. I asked out loud oh man what do I want?
My then 3 year old said"you should get a salad cause your fat" gee thanks!

Gotta love those moments, don't ya! Even though I am 42, I still break out at times, and about a month ago I get this awful pimple right in the middle of my chest!! So I find this necklace that somewhat covers it, but my daughter notices, pulls it aside and says "Oh, Mom, it looks like you have a third boob" !!! Lovely!

Old 04-16-2009, 04:10 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,648,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
When my son was four we were at the grandparent's lake house. When Nana and Papa came out in their bathing suits, he asked "Why are Papa's boobies bigger than Nana's boobies?" Funny thing - he was right!

Hilarious!! My daughter loves the term "Man boobs", I think she looks for guys with them, just so she can bring it to my attention!!

Old 04-16-2009, 05:00 PM

947 posts, read 2,399,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsh1127 View Post
Gotta love those moments, don't ya! Even though I am 42, I still break out at times, and about a month ago I get this awful pimple right in the middle of my chest!! So I find this necklace that somewhat covers it, but my daughter notices, pulls it aside and says "Oh, Mom, it looks like you have a third boob" !!! Lovely!
Yeah it seems as if the catch everything! Then tell the world about it! LOL but you gotta love em

Old 04-16-2009, 08:12 PM

705 posts, read 1,759,401 times
My 5 year old, the other day - 'Mom, Darth Vador always sounds like he is calming down after a fuss'

Same kid after getting in trouble -
son - 'you are the meanest mom ever! you need a sticker crown!!!'
me - Um, what is that, a crown with stickers on it?
son - 'NO, a crown that sticks YOU!'
me - oh, you mean a crown of thorns?!
son - 'yeah, thats it, a crown of thorns! like Jesus!

same son (always the second son, always!) - playing outside in backyard, swinging on a swing with dad. We have a fenced yard and a sidewalk just on the other side of the fence. Son says 'daddy, my penis tickles!' then, a few seconds later 'hey dad, a little help here!'

And that, folks, was just in the past 2 weeks. Life is interesting with that one.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:50 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
I'm Canadian Indian but I'm very pale with light eyes and my siblings are dark with dark eyes. You can really tell they're Indian. When my son was born he was very dark. By the time he was a couple months old he was pale like his mommy. But I had pics of him when he was dark. When he was about three years old, he started to tell me something but all he could get out before I and his eight year old sister started laughing, was, "Mommy, remember when I was Black?"

He was very angry that we were laughing, btw. We couldn't help it. It just took us by surprise.

My daughter, when she was three, used to sing one line of Mary Had a Little Lamb as "It's fleas were white as snow".

Old 04-18-2009, 08:54 AM

339 posts, read 1,169,175 times
A friend of mine had just been educating her 5 year old son on the anatomical differences between boys and girls, and he obviously had decided to run with this new information because the next time she took him on the train, he promptly turned around to the nearest strange man, tugged his shirt and announced 'my mummy doesn't have a penis!'. The man just smiled and said 'I'm glad to hear that'. Her son, obviously pleased by the encouragement, turned to the next hapless commuter and gave them a tug before my friend decided it might be time to get off the train and have a little chat with him!

Old 04-18-2009, 10:55 AM

758 posts, read 1,872,076 times
When I was pregnant, my daughter assumed that everyone who was a little "large" was also pregnant. I had to explain to her that not everyone was pregnant if they were a little big. After I had the baby, at a visit to her Dr. there was a nurse who was obviously pregnant ( little lady BIG belly). The Dr. upon seeing her newborn brother, asked my daughter if she knew what was going on with the nurse, my daughter warily replied "is she having a baby or is she fat?" It was time for another talk!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting