Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 08:08 AM

947 posts, read 2,398,565 times

Advertisements

What is the funniest thing your child has said? What has your child said that made you stop in your tracks or cry? Got any good stories? *********** my oldest son told me after our second son was talking: mama we need to get a new baby this one is talking! LOL then once after watching a movie in black and white he asked "do you remember when everything was in black and white? When did you start making things in color?" he really thought all things were in black and white and not just TV!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 09:45 AM

372 posts, read 456,032 times
Just a few weeks ago, my five year old daughter asking about dinner which was roast pork "Are we going to have some more of that pig-chicken?"

Last year for father's day, my kids gave me the best present ever, a great belly laugh with tears rolling down the cheeks. It was wrapped in a jewlery box, the kind you get necklaces in. The card on the front said something like "We love you Daddy! We hope you like your new homemade spank stick" and inside this carefully wrapped box was a long piece of string.

We keep a book of our kids favorite sayings at home and I am so glad because I would have forgotten most of them by now. Some of the ones we have written down have already faded from my memory but I cherish reading and re-reading these precious moments.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:00 AM

758 posts, read 1,871,515 times
My 4yr old just had his birthday and one of the presents was Moon Sand. I had heard that this was very messy and did not want to let him play with it in the house. So I told him he had to wait to play with it. When his grandmother asked him if he had tried it out yet he told her "no we have to wait til it gets dark and the moon comes out"!

Old 04-03-2009, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHOP View Post
Just a few weeks ago, my five year old daughter asking about dinner which was roast pork "Are we going to have some more of that pig-chicken?"

Last year for father's day, my kids gave me the best present ever, a great belly laugh with tears rolling down the cheeks. It was wrapped in a jewlery box, the kind you get necklaces in. The card on the front said something like "We love you Daddy! We hope you like your new homemade spank stick" and inside this carefully wrapped box was a long piece of string.

We keep a book of our kids favorite sayings at home and I am so glad because I would have forgotten most of them by now. Some of the ones we have written down have already faded from my memory but I cherish reading and re-reading these precious moments.
The notebook idea is good I never thought of that! Thanks!!

Old 04-03-2009, 10:10 AM

My three year old asked me like 100 times if he was born and was in my belly like my twins. I told him yes several times and he keep asking so the last time he asked I said no you were hatched from a egg! He looked so sad and said oh man I wanted to be born! I could not help but laugh.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:24 AM

This is not funny but it is worth repeating! When my Now DH and I got together I had a son from a previous marriage. When we got married my DH adopted my son because the ex had nothing to do with him (my son). We explained the adoption to my son and he was ok with it. When he was 5 he told my DH "you know daddy your the best daddy in the world because you love me and adopted me when you did not have to. That is why you are the best and I love you!" we both just stoped and cryed because for a 5 year old to understand this was so ummmm what is the word? I do not know but it got us!

Old 04-03-2009, 10:30 AM

2,467 posts, read 4,859,032 times
When my son was around 3 or 4 he loved grilled cheese sandwhiches. I just always called it a cheese sandwhich when I asked if he wanted one. Well one time we went to a resturant and he wanted a cheese sandwhich, so when the waitress came to take our order I said he would like the grilled cheese sandwhich. My son promptly replied in disgust that no! he wanted a Boy Cheese sandwhich not a Girl cheese sandwhich.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:34 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,647,436 times
My son in kindergarten went on a field trip to Harry & David. They got to see how the chocolates, cookies and other goodies were made. They also each got a little box with a couple cookies and chocolates in it. My son was really excited about all this and told me all about it. He then disappeared for a few minutes. I found him hiding next to my bed on the phone........... He had called the toll free phone number on the box and was thanking them for the goodies and for letting them go there on their field trip!!! It was so cute!

Old 04-03-2009, 10:48 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,647,436 times
Ok, now I have one for my daughter - When she was about 7, she went to a birthday party at her gymnastics club. One of the kids there that she didn't know was mentally and slightly physically challenged. They were doing this relay game, and this boy was having problems, so my daughter stopped what she was doing and went over and helped him through the whole course, even though all her friends were yelling at her to "go,go,go" and finish the relay first! All of us mom's there were almost in tears!

Old 04-03-2009, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsh1127 View Post
Ok, now I have one for my daughter - When she was about 7, she went to a birthday party at her gymnastics club. One of the kids there that she didn't know was mentally and slightly physically challenged. They were doing this relay game, and this boy was having problems, so my daughter stopped what she was doing and went over and helped him through the whole course, even though all her friends were yelling at her to "go,go,go" and finish the relay first! All of us mom's there were almost in tears!
Awww so sweet well it sounds like you did a good job with them!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting