Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2009, 03:50 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,229,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
Getting defensive is a normal reaction to be attacked. There is plenty of that in this thread. We moms who formula fed our children are not abusers. We did not poison our children. We do not have to give you reasons why we chose not to breastfeed. And as long as you maintain that stand then we will be defensive against you.

I never said any of that to any of you. I would however go to MY friends with that information and that should mean nothing to you.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:52 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,066,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
I never said any of that to any of you. I would however go to MY friends with that information and that should mean nothing to you.
It does when YOU bring it into the forum and post about it.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
It does when YOU bring it into the forum and post about it.

I responded to the OP. Not you. If you relate to it that is you. I DO believe that breastmilk is better than formula in many many ways. And I would do anything in my power to help any friends or family who did not know that to see otherwise.

I never deserved to be bashed for that. I never have tried to sway any of you to do what I want you to do. You believe that breastmilk is NOT superior in any way then so be it. I don't agree with that. What is the big deal????

Why don't you stop responding to me and i will do the same for you? I'm sure you will have to have the last word, so after you make one more posts can we finally just leave each other alone? ? ? ? It's getting old. I've tried to make peace, I've tried to be nice and you sucked me into your negativity and I hate that I let you do that.

So can we say goodbye now?

Old 04-14-2009, 04:08 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,157,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
I responded to the OP. Not you. If you relate to it that is you. I DO believe that breastmilk is better than formula in many many ways. And I would do anything in my power to help any friends or family who did not know that to see otherwise.

I never deserved to be bashed for that. I never have tried to sway any of you to do what I want you to do. You believe that breastmilk is NOT superior in any way then so be it. I don't agree with that. What is the big deal????

Why don't you stop responding to me and i will do the same for you? I'm sure you will have to have the last word, so after you make one more posts can we finally just leave each other alone? ? ? ? It's getting old. I've tried to make peace, I've tried to be nice and you sucked me into your negativity and I hate that I let you do that.

So can we say goodbye now?
Hang on. We don't really have an issue with breastfeeding. We don't mind people who think it's the better way to go.

What we take issue with are people who, by their own admission, hound friends who choose not to about it nonstop and assume that these same friends are either willfully ignorant or abusive. We also take issue with people who equate bottle feeding with spousal abuse and drug abuse and then can't understand why everybody takes exception. For only a complete lunatic would make that kind of insulting and arrogant assertion, which means you deserve all the abuse that gets heaped on you.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:13 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,750,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Hang on. We don't really have an issue with breastfeeding. We don't mind people who think it's the better way to go.

What we take issue with are people who, by their own admission, hound friends who choose not to about it nonstop and assume that these same friends are either willfully ignorant or abusive. We also take issue with people who equate bottle feeding with spousal abuse and drug abuse and then can't understand why everybody takes exception. For only a complete lunatic would make that kind of insulting and arrogant assertion, which means you deserve all the abuse that gets heaped on you.
Exactly.

I also know that veggies are better for my kids than candy. I still let my dd eat her Easter candy. Nobody would say that is abuse. So why would anyone say feeding formula is abuse?.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:19 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:

Yes, that is exactly the issue. No one would argue that breastfeeding is a healthy choice. It has been taken to an extreme here, and presented in a condescending manner. THAT is the issue. Not the breastfeeding itself.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:

again, you don't know how close I am with my friends. They do not think I am hounding. I never said that you were an abuser. Someone said that it was NOT life or death and I said that TO ME it is AS important as those issues. TO ME IT IS! TO ME IT IS! TO ME IT IS!

If I knew for a fact that one of my friends or family members fell into one of those catagories I would encourage breastfeeding. I do not know you or your circumstances so I would NEVER say a thing to you if I met you somewhere. Nor would I think negatively of you. I would assume that there is a valid reason for why you couldn't breastfeed.

And yes, SOME women don't breastfeed because they are NOT INFORMED thus ignorant. Those women think they are not making enough or think it isn't supposed to be painful at first. Ignorant is not an insult. And others give up too fast because they don't have support and others are just selfish. There are also women who CAN'T breastfeed for medical reasons.

If you don't fall into any of those catagories it shouldn't matter to you. There ARE women that DO!!!

It has all been hypothetical to some degree. I have NOT hounded my friends to that extent because I haven't had to. I have braught it up many times to a couple of them and they have since changed their minds. Not all because of what I had shared with them but because they decided to look into it further and ended at the same conclusion I and many have.

The fact that some believe that formula is "just as good as breastmilk" is not a big deal to me. I don't believe it to be true just like they DO believe it to be true.

I have gotten about 10 different people messaging and some rep points for this thread. I have been advised to leave it alone because the "anti breastfeeding mothers" group is "brutal and hypocritical." Those that are on my side do not want to get involved and I see why. I am guilty of not listening to them.

It just bothers me how you all think it is a bunch of you against me when so many see it my way or that both of us are crazy. Either way YOUR views towards me are not the only ones.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
Exactly.

I also know that veggies are better for my kids than candy. I still let my dd eat her Easter candy. Nobody would say that is abuse. So why would anyone say feeding formula is abuse?.
Never said that. It is not my fault that you misunderstood my posts. I know for a fact that I said that TO ME the breastfeeding issue is AS important as the issues of abuse.

TO ME

Old 04-14-2009, 04:50 PM

1,788 posts, read 4,755,434 times
Quote:
Oh...now if somebody isn't breastfeeding, they're actually undermining the economic health of the country. Keep reaching.
You'd better freakin' breastfeed your baby or my house will go into foreclosure!!!

Old 04-14-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
You'd better freakin' breastfeed your baby or my house will go into foreclosure!!!
I don't care if you breastfeed your baby. I have no personal interest in any of your children. Though I wish them all health, I still have no interest. Now, my family and friends, I do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting