Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 12:52 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,228,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
I don't think you even read what you are saying. Everytime you write a post you contradict something you said in a previous post. Just stop already. You made your point and if your not trying to preach, then zip it.

Kristine

You are wrong. No biggie though. We are all wrong at some point

Old 04-16-2009, 12:55 PM

959 posts, read 1,823,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miasmommy View Post
You are wrong. No biggie though. We are all wrong at some point

Actually, I am not wrong and it has been proven over and over in this thread.

Kristine

Old 04-16-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
I thought you were finished with us.

That is a really cute picture of you Stormy

Yet here you are, trying to convince us, judging us, condemning us.

You are soooo cute and paranoid. My goodness. I have never tried to convince you or judge you or condemn you. Me not giving a crap about people I do not know does not mean I judge.

And have you not judged me? Have you not judged my friendships or the way I go about things? Tell me, have you not???? If you do not judge me you respect me and my opinions. Or is it that because you FEEL I judge you that gives YOU the right to judge me??? Which is it? I'm confused. Judging is judging, no matter who went first.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:57 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,550,879 times
Quote:
No, you are right they won't. The same people who claim WE are one-sided will NEVER open THEIR minds.

I'm open to them giving me solid fact that their "opinions" that formula is just as good for an infant as breastmilk, but they haven't and I doubt that they will.

They say bottle fed children end up just as healthy, funny how there are so many new epidemics of diseases in somewhat YOUNG people. When did formula become popular??? Hmmm, could there be a connection?

Are you serious? Really?

I am going to go with lack of vaccination before use of formula. You need to relax your extremism a bit. Your AP mentality will wear off with your next child. Then maybe you will realize that your opinion and advice is extreme, unrealistic and down right insulting to most of the more 'experienced' mothers out here. It is truely funny how gung ho your are about BFing because it is so good for your baby...but your forgo vaccines. Will your BFing 'save' your child from Rubella? I think you need to check more sites then 'mothering.com'... Just sayin'...

Old 04-16-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Actually, I am not wrong and it has been proven over and over in this thread.

Kristine

Your words and like 10 people who agree with you are proof??? Wow, the scientific method must be revised. . .

Old 04-16-2009, 01:00 PM

959 posts, read 1,823,947 times
Quote:
Your words and like 10 people who agree with you are proof??? Wow, the scientific method must be revised. . .

No it is your own words that prove YOU wrong. You say one thing, and then another and you have been quoted many times in here contradicting yourself. IN YOUR OWN WORDS. So you really have noone blame but YOU!

Kristine

Old 04-16-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
[/b]

Are you serious? Really?

I am going to go with lack of vaccination before use of formula. You need to relax your extremism a bit. Your AP mentality will wear off with your next child. Then maybe you will realize that your opinion and advice is extreme, unrealistic and down right insulting to most of the more 'experienced' mothers out here. It is truely funny how gung ho your are about BFing because it is so good for your baby...but your forgo vaccines. Will your BFing 'save' your child from Rubella? I think you need to check more sites then 'mothering.com'... Just sayin'...
I would agree with you but here you go again saying I don't vaccinate. You can pull up any and all of my posts and see that I do in fact vaccinate. I was unaware that by not getting the flu vaccine causes an increased risk of obesity and diabetes. . .

And there are many doctors who believe that breastfeeding help (among other healthy choices) protect children from becoming infected with such diseases.

I don't get all of my info on websites. I've given my friends own testimonials right here while I was typing. I can not cut and paste that

So your "gung ho" statement is not valid. I DO vaccinate.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:02 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,379,476 times
Quote:
Would it be out of line for me to encourage a friend to breastfeed?

I haven't had a chance to read through this long thread, but I would like to chime in.

Out of line to encourage? NO.
Out of line to pressure/guilt into? YES.

When it comes to a new mother, it is important to be gentle and understanding and soft. It's a scary thing and I remember how terrified I felt when I just gave birth.
Gently tell her what the pros are of breastfeeding, but remind her that sometimes, things are out of our hands and if it doesn't work out, it's okay too!!! And finish the conversation saying that even if she decides not to even try nursing, it's her choice as a mother and that's it.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:12 PM

Quote:
No it is your own words that prove YOU wrong. You say one thing, and then another and you have been quoted many times in here contradicting yourself. IN YOUR OWN WORDS. So you really have noone blame but YOU!

Kristine

Show me where I've done that please. I will be happy to admit I've done that if you show me. You have taken alot of what I said out of context.

Yes I have said that I have "nagged" my friends. But those are my friends and they know me and have no problem with it. Then someone insulted me and my friends by saying they were just doing that to get rid of me and laughing behind my back.

I have said that some women are selfish with their reasons for not breastfeeding. I was selfish when I used some pain medicine during labor. what is the big deal? It's not an insult it is a fact.

Someone said that I should leave it alone because the issue ISN'T life or death and unless the kid was being abused then leave it alone. And I said that some people do think that it is an important issue just like the subject of abuse and I am one of them. And I do believe that some woman do not have valid reasons for choosing formula (one that wants to drink or smoke crack) and thus making it abuse. There are many things people think are abuse and you can not get arrested for them.

So please, what have I said that is a contradiction?

By the way, if judging means to form an opinion on something, we ALL have done that! Have you not an opinion about me?

Old 04-16-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post

I haven't had a chance to read through this long thread, but I would like to chime in.

Out of line to encourage? NO.
Out of line to pressure/guilt into? YES.

When it comes to a new mother, it is important to be gentle and understanding and soft. It's a scary thing and I remember how terrified I felt when I just gave birth.
Gently tell her what the pros are of breastfeeding, but remind her that sometimes, things are out of our hands and if it doesn't work out, it's okay too!!! And finish the conversation saying that even if she decides not to even try nursing, it's her choice as a mother and that's it.

And one more thing: I have never nor will I ever make a friend or family member feel guilty.

Encouragement CAN be nagging

When I said nag I meant that I would go on and on and on about the same thing in hopies to convince someone to do something. Breastfeeding a child is that important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting