Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 01:40 PM

3,562 posts, read 5,225,158 times

Advertisements

I didn't ignore the questions, I have already made statements about them. So, answering them again would be a moot point. Reasking them does not alter my stance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 06:00 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
I know how to use a firearm, I also know firearm safety. A friend taught me. The fact that I didn't learn it as a child, doesn't mean I was incapable of learning as an adult. Most US soldiers, fighting the war in Iraq, never touched a gun until they entered the military.

Old 06-27-2009, 10:37 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
If you think there nothing wrong with 11 yr olds being trained to use firearms That sounds like something from a wild wild west movie.
Oh please, then lets just let them drive too.
Oh, and what the heck, no drinking age either.
Better to teach responsible and respectful gun ownership and handling, than have something like this happen.

My daughter has 2 rifles at age 10, a Daisy BB gun, and a .22 long rifle.

She knows that guns are NEVER to be treated as toys, and you NEVER NEVER NEVER point a gun at a human, always know your line of sight, and be aware when you aim.

I read this story to her, and she was floored that a girl her age would do something that crazy.

Old 02-05-2010, 07:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,084 times
The parents shouldn't have been thrown in jail for not locking up their gun. if someone breaks into your house do you really think you'll have time to find your key find the box and then unlock the box then get the gun load it and put the safety off. no i don't think so. instead they should have talked to their kid on what the gun is what it for and what it could do if it is used in the wrong sense.

Old 05-02-2010, 06:14 PM

171 posts, read 212,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Better to teach responsible and respectful gun ownership and handling, than have something like this happen.

My daughter has 2 rifles at age 10, a Daisy BB gun, and a .22 long rifle.

She knows that guns are NEVER to be treated as toys, and you NEVER NEVER NEVER point a gun at a human, always know your line of sight, and be aware when you aim.

I read this story to her, and she was floored that a girl her age would do something that crazy.

Yeah yeah, all children are not responsible and neither is all parents!!! I can't even respond to this.. people are more ignorant than I thought

Old 05-24-2010, 06:48 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beverlysmithscott View Post
Just last week a 13 yr old Mississippi boy shot his 11 yr old brother over a video game.
Which game was it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting