Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 12:15 PM

970 posts, read 2,968,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
Oh, this was years and years ago! It was gum that was made and colored like a hamburger. (This was before we were more into healthy eating.) It Just Reeked! Horribly! And I was the one who bought it for them as a little gift!
Hamburger gum. My mouth is watering simply at the thought of that.
But, that's strange. I've been on this earth 54 years and I've never encountered gum that had an odor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 02:07 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remisc View Post
But, that's strange. I've been on this earth 54 years and I've never encountered gum that had an odor.

How is that? Probably, if you're the one chewing it you just don't notice. Or if it's a smell that doesn't bother you....I am another one that doesn't often chew gum and my preference would be not to see others chew it either mainly because very few people seem to be able to chew gum quietly and with their mouths closed...The smell I can't deal with is all the fruit flavored gum...grape, watermelon etc ...ick...I can always tell when someone in the car decides to open a pack of grape gum

Old 09-19-2010, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
How is that? Probably, if you're the one chewing it you just don't notice. Or if it's a smell that doesn't bother you....I am another one that doesn't often chew gum and my preference would be not to see others chew it either mainly because very few people seem to be able to chew gum quietly and with their mouths closed...The smell I can't deal with is all the fruit flavored gum...grape, watermelon etc ...ick...I can always tell when someone in the car decides to open a pack of grape gum
Well, like you, I often don't chew gum. And when I do, it's generally mint-flavored or something.

And, I don't allow gum in my car anymore. When I had my old car, it fell out of someone's mouth and somehow wound up all over my carpet and seats. It it was a lease, too.

Old 09-19-2010, 02:48 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Well, like you, I often don't chew gum. And when I do, it's generally mint-flavored or something.

And, I don't allow gum in my car anymore. When I had my old car, it fell out of someone's mouth and somehow wound up all over my carpet and seats. It it was a lease, too.
Yeah..not a problem in my car anymore..the only kid left at home has his own car...it's when he takes me somewhere. Or DH. He's just as guilty

Old 09-19-2010, 04:41 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,872,146 times
Just the usual stuff: be respectful, do your homework, pick up your stuff, brush your teeth, take a bath/shower, read, not too much tv. We have a very easy child

Old 09-22-2010, 06:55 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Are you kidding me? I can smell someone's gum from a mile away. Sometimes it's nice. Most times, really. But I can imagine a savory gum flavor would not be very pleasant.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:16 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
I couldn't think of any unusual rules in my house until you mentioned this, mm.

This is more applicable to MrFinsterRufus as the kid is not allowed to drink these products - I have banned anything grape flavored from the house. Ugg, I cannot stand that smell. He used to drink grape Kool-aid of all things, (I know, and he's 40) he would be making up a batch and I would be upstairs or in the bathroom or something and I'd smell it. Yuk, that smell is disgusting. Then he'd leave the pitcher in the fridge and every single thing in there would taste like grape. The odor lingers for days, honestly.

Not the good wine grape, mind you, but that nasty chemical overpowering kind. So, no grape in my house. I think if he started chewing grape gum I'd have to make him live in the back yard (although I'd probably still smell it from there).

Old 09-22-2010, 02:32 PM

I left one out in my original list, although it's not THAT unusual, I think it's worth mentioning.

-Just because we're in a grocery store, doesn't mean you need to throw the store's entire inventory into my shopping cart.

Old 09-22-2010, 02:59 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,252,625 times
Way too cute. I am imagining . . . .

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting