Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 08:49 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,230 times

Advertisements

When are people going to understand and in this case Mom's that when you have children you can't just have that child around anyone. This child is missing the Mother was dating or her friend was a registered sexual offender. It just makes you want to shake your head because they are thinking he might of harmed the child. I wish I had not heard of this but folks as a former foster parent I can tell you of a child I had that most likely was sexually abuse and guess what Mom's boyfriend was a sexual offender. Her defense was he was young when it happened so it wasn't the same. Help he is on the sexual offender list it isn't just a list they come up with at random. When are parents going to get it that who they let their children around might hurt them, because as we have seen it isn't always the stranger. More and more children are going missing and it really is a scarry thing to wonder who to trust. But wake up to some people when they can't see what is already there. I hope the child returns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 10:26 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,431,853 times
Hey, add a link to a news article on this. Your post isn't crystal clear, probably because this has you really upset. Sounds like an awful situation, but my recently vacationed self has no clue about what you are writing. Thanks.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:41 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,233,616 times
And this just reminds us that contrary to popular belief it is not stranger danger it is know you danger.

Old 05-28-2009, 06:41 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,581,511 times
Here's the link to the article from the Detroit Free Press
http://www.freep.com/article/20090527/NEWS05/905270357/Still+no+sign+of+5-year-old+Nevaeh (broken link)

Some people should just not have children and the biological father is obviously a deadbeat

Poor child, I truly hope that she is found alive and safe. In addition, I hope that they put her with a family member that will love and care for her and not back with the sicko mother.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:06 PM

84 posts, read 189,500 times
Until the laws are changed so that sexual offenders, predators, rapists and such are put behind bars FOR LIFE, parents, grandparents, guardians, etc. must protect the children they are responsible for. I cannot tell you how much it sickens my stomach to hear of another predator or registered sex offender who may be responsible for the disappearance of a child. Predators are not the scary looking person many assume. It can be the young guy or the old man down the street. It can be a woman. Just like that female Sunday school teacher who killed Sandra Cantu up north here in California.

Just a couple of weeks ago our quiet neighborhood was shocked when a sexual predator broke into a home and kidnapped an 18 month old. There was a helicopter overhead for two hours. The cops and bloodhounds were out in full force. This occurred at 1:30 a.m. Thank God one of the cops found the baby with the suspect, who was hiding in a car several blocks away. However, the bastard had already raped and sodomized that poor baby. I can only thank God for his small mercies and that the baby was found ALIVE! I only wonder what that bastard had in mind after he was done torturing that baby. I am apalled. Here was a baby safe in her home and still a predator got to her! It is not always about a parent not doing their job. These bastards cannot be rehabilitated. The laws must change to protect our children!

Old 05-28-2009, 09:24 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Mothers who would put their sex life before their children should not be given custody.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:28 PM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,486,371 times
Why on earth would a woman with children ever date a registered sex offender? One just moved 2 blocks away from me. A recently divorced woman who didn't want to loose her 2500 sq ft home found 2 roommates. One happend to be a sex offender. As time went on she started to fall in love with the r.s.o. BTW, she has children. We live in a neighborhood full of children and there is a school across the street. I just don't understand why she would allow him in her home and in her life? These people are impossible to rehabilitate.

I truly believe that just because a person can have kids doesn't mean they should. It makes me sick to see how some children are treated.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:32 PM

2,588 posts, read 5,431,853 times
Oh, that is a heartbreaking story. Just the slightest mote of common sense could have prevented that. I really hope a miracle happens. A boy kidnapped and taken to Mexico was just returned home, so it can happen.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:45 PM

84 posts, read 189,500 times
Quote:
A boy kidnapped and taken to Mexico was just returned home, so it can happen.
True. But in that case the kidnappers did not kidnap him for sick perverted reasons such as molestation or rape. Some sexual predators kidnap, rape and then kill the child. And in this case, I am getting a sick feeling in my stomach that the child is dead. I pray for a miracle that in this case, there was an exception.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:29 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralegal3 View Post
True. But in that case the kidnappers did not kidnap him for sick perverted reasons such as molestation or rape. Some sexual predators kidnap, rape and then kill the child. And in this case, I am getting a sick feeling in my stomach that the child is dead. I pray for a miracle that in this case, there was an exception.
Apparently they found some items in a motel room, bloodied knife, hair, etc that make it look like this is not going to turn out well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting