Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2009, 11:44 AM

363 posts, read 1,146,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I would think by the time someone achieves the status of CEO they would have learned to looker deeper than something as superficial as a name.
One would hope so.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 11:50 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,874,001 times
I like these names:

Boy- Jack, Hayden

Girl- Bristol, Paige, Faith, Hayden

Hayden can be used for a boy or girl. I have known two little boys that have the name Hayden. There is also that actress Hayden Panettiere.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:53 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,372,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
I like these names:

Boy- Jack, Hayden

Hayden can be used for a boy or girl. I have known two little boys that have the name Hayden. There is also that actress Hayden Panettiere.
And Coach Hayden Fox lol I warch too much television. I like the name Hayden; I wanted to name my daughter Peyton but she turned out to be a boy.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:08 PM

2,467 posts, read 4,859,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
I like these names:

Boy- Jack, Hayden

Hayden is a nice name, but around here it is pretty over used. There are a lot of kids in our area that have names that end in ayden/ayton.

We have tons of Haydens, Caydens, Peytons, and Aydens.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:12 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,372,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoquilter View Post
Hayden is a nice name, but around here it is pretty over used. There are a lot of kids in our area that have names that end in ayden/ayton.

We have tons of Haydens, Caydens, Peytons, and Aydens.
True. I know a lot of Aiden's from the SATC craze.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:00 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,380,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpowa2 View Post
I love your name, too!

I wonder if anyone can guess my name? Hint: its related to my screen name!!!
Lily??

Old 05-31-2009, 03:01 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,380,283 times
Quote:
Rose!
uuu...love this name!!! so classic...

Old 05-31-2009, 04:17 PM

544 posts, read 1,058,217 times
Quote:
Rose!
Rose would have been my first guess.

[quote=cynthia007;9066557]
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
you don't start them out by handicapping them with some stupid name that no one in the corporate world will take seriously. Someone named Shaniqua (often with an apostrophe) is not going to walk into a boardroom full of 50 year old men named Michael and Christopher and be taken seriously. Trying to be unique often makes you as a parent look trashy and immature and gives your kid a big hurdle to jump. A name like "Phoenix" or "Chanel" makes me think that their parents are likely the ones with the "tramp stamp" tattoo with their kids names scrawled across their lower back.

Judgemental? Sure, but your kid's name will be theirs forever. They may decide to be a hairdresser or a mechanic or they may try to run a Fortune 500 company.

[FONT="Arial"]Agreed! 100% Give a child a solid classic name. People underestimate the power of names. Teachers are also biased toward classic names. Sorry, but it's true. The kids with classic names get better grades...and eventually, better jobs.[/font]
These comments are so barbabic its basically like saying don't give your child a name that hints at their ethnic background because if people know their hispanic/cuban/haitian they won't give them a chance if you ask anyone who has any type of HR or managerial experience while an unusual name may cause you to do a doubletake you will think hmmm 3 of th ashely's i have hired havent been that great but that Candi works her butt off and actually look at their resumes before making a decision a businessperson who makes business decisions based on something as trivial as names is either wealthy by birth and just doesnt care or on their way into bankruptcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I'm named after a cartoon character.
which cartoon?

Old 05-31-2009, 04:39 PM

61 posts, read 166,880 times
Thanks a lot for all the input once again.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:05 PM

1,219 posts, read 4,217,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
And Coach Hayden Fox lol I warch too much television. I like the name Hayden; I wanted to name my daughter Peyton but she turned out to be a boy.
Isn't Peyton a boy's name though? Like, Peyton Manning. Maybe his is Payton though, I'm not sure.

In the list OP put up, I do like Phoenix (boy only), and Alisdar is neat. He could always be Al. Pilar is very Spanish sounding to me, which is fine if that is what you're going for-I pronounce it as peelaar. Fallon sounds like she should have feathered hair and shoulder pads

Growing up, my name was common (not so much anymore) and in school there was always a few of us in class. My name was a slightly different spelling that people mangle to this day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting