Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 03:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,365,858 times

Advertisements

it only happens when mama is willing to foot the bill for her baby having babies.
and of course as you know mama rules not papa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 04:18 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,807,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
it only happens when mama is willing to foot the bill for her baby having babies.
and of course as you know mama rules not papa.
So true! I think it would be a great diversion if a minor boy's parents were forced to pay child support for the baby until the boy (father) turns 18, then it becomes HIS responsibility. Once it hits the grandparents' pocketbook, they'll start paying attention and keep control over their little not-so-darlings.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:31 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,891,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
So true! I think it would be a great diversion if a minor boy's parents were forced to pay child support for the baby until the boy (father) turns 18, then it becomes HIS responsibility. Once it hits the grandparents' pocketbook, they'll start paying attention and keep control over their little not-so-darlings.
Parents of boys pay plenty of attention to their social lives. As a parent of boys I can tell you that most of us DO NOT want our sons running around creating little people until they are old enough to take care of them.

Girls today are very very sexually aggressive. You cannot dump this issue on the parents of boys.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:46 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,807,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Parents of boys pay plenty of attention to their social lives. As a parent of boys I can tell you that most of us DO NOT want our sons running around creating little people until they are old enough to take care of them.

Girls today are very very sexually aggressive. You cannot dump this issue on the parents of boys.
Sure you can, but just for their part and responsibility in it. I also think the girls' parents should be responsible for housing the girl and her baby. None of this cheap housing/WIC/free baby crap. As long as the girl is a minor, her parents should take responsibility for their upkeep until she's 18.

What are you doing to help ensure your boys aren't/won't find themselves in this mess?

Old 06-15-2009, 05:24 AM

45 posts, read 66,009 times
I think if we stop letting the televisions, movies, schools and government teach our children about sexuality, and teach them ourselves.. then they will grow up knowing right from wrong.
Question, what is wright and wrong.
Since America has basically kicked God out of the courts, the public schools, and public life effectively.. what is the standard for which to go by?

A few years ago, homosexuality was a disease, a sickness...a perversion. Today, homosexuals are everywhere.. even teaching in our public schools.
Babies are murdered by the thousands by Abortion Doctors... if anyone kills one.. the president himself talks of Federal Repercussions.

I would be interested to know, just what is socially acceptable today?

If men laying with men, women laying with women is ok, why not let men and women lay with dogs, horses, children?
Why not let 20 women marry one man, or one woman have 20 husbands?
Just what is the basis for what is moral today?
What will it be tomorrow? Ten years from now?

I say the best thing that could ever happen to this country is for this country to get back to God of the Bible.
Fat chance that will ever happen.

Protect those children from Television, theaters and the internet... or you will reap what you sow.

I must say, 14 year olds do not need to be having sex with 16 year olds. I do not care how it has turned out, apparently their was a total lack of supervision.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:59 AM

1,492 posts, read 3,231,607 times
guns

Old 06-15-2009, 07:17 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,891,290 times
Quote:
Sure you can, but just for their part and responsibility in it. I also think the girls' parents should be responsible for housing the girl and her baby. None of this cheap housing/WIC/free baby crap. As long as the girl is a minor, her parents should take responsibility for their upkeep until she's 18.

What are you doing to help ensure your boys aren't/won't find themselves in this mess?
Your original post laid ALL the blame on boys. Boys are no more responsible than the girls. They share equal responsibility.

Teen pregnancy rates are LOWER than they were a decade ago, not higher.

I attribute that to parents who educate their children about sex (more than just "the talk").

As for my sons, they are very busy with sports, and music lessons. They are not home for days at a time with no supervision where people can come and go at will. They also have goals and I think that having goals is a strong deterrent to teen pregnancy. I don't think you can tell kids "just don't have sex." Some will, some won't.

They are well aware of the different methods of birth control and have been told that when they start having sex they should take responsibility for birth control because they cannot rely on what a girl tells them. Some girls have been known to lie about things like that.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:29 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,658,365 times
Quote:
Maybe it should be half and half. No more welfare handouts, no more WIC and all the dollars confiscated from taxpayers.

If the children are under age 18, then both sets of parents pay for the support including medical bills for the maternity and pediatric care. The when the new parents reach 18, they are obliged to support their babies. Both parents.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:12 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,038,875 times
Quote:

Mom of two boys here - oldest son is 14. Unfortunately (as far as I know, please inform me if you know something new) our boys choices are either abstinence or condoms. We just have to do our best with educating our sons on proper behavior as well as all about safe sex if they end up choosing that path. Hopefully they won't, but I feel that you have to prepare your kids for even those situations that you hope they would never get into. If you don't, and they find themselves in a situation unprepared to deal with it, they are more vulnerable and at greater risk.

Being a woman, I know that girls, and parents of girls, have more options available as far as preventing unwanted pregnancies. We at least have a third choice with birth control methods. As far as I know that is not available for boys yet, though I have heard for years that they are close to having one available.

I agree with the previous poster's comment that girls are more sexually aggressive now. I have been volunteering for years, weekly, in my kids schools and it's starting even at the elementary age. Girls are the ones I see initiating physical contact with holding hands and hugging and playing with the boys hair, a few times I've seen girls passing notes to boys about kissing. Those kinds of things happen in 3rd grade. Parents would really be surprised if they spent enough time watching what their kids do when they are not around. And these are not bad kids, or neglected kids, or "problem" kids. Some of the kids that I've seen this sort of behavior from come from very wealthy families in our area, one of their parents is a city council member, another girls dad is a doctor. These are just your regular, everyday, "normal" kids.

Another option that a parent of girls has that parents of boys don't have has to do with how daughters are allowed to dress. So many young girls even in elementary school wear overly revealing clothes. It gets really bad in middle school, and high school is awful. Boys pretty much wear the same thing, and nothing seems too sexually explicit... but girls are wearing these really tight, really small, really short clothes and to me that seems unsafe. Parents, whether they choose to believe it or not, can do something about that. But most parents of girls unfortunately don't, and allow their daughters to go out there attracting the wrong kind of attention to themselves.

I try to keep my boys busy, too. During the school-year that's not a hard thing to do, and during Summer fortunately my oldest is already on-track to becoming a work-a-holic like his dad... he currently has decided he's too busy for girls, and wants to save all his money for a motorcycle anyway instead of spending his hard-earned money on dates with girls. Phew!

Old 06-16-2009, 08:24 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,591,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskalive View Post
I think if we stop letting the televisions, movies, schools and government teach our children about sexuality, and teach them ourselves.. then they will grow up knowing right from wrong.
Question, what is wright and wrong.
Since America has basically kicked God out of the courts, the public schools, and public life effectively.. what is the standard for which to go by?

A few years ago, homosexuality was a disease, a sickness...a perversion. Today, homosexuals are everywhere.. even teaching in our public schools.
Babies are murdered by the thousands by Abortion Doctors... if anyone kills one.. the president himself talks of Federal Repercussions.

I would be interested to know, just what is socially acceptable today?

If men laying with men, women laying with women is ok, why not let men and women lay with dogs, horses, children?
Why not let 20 women marry one man, or one woman have 20 husbands?
Just what is the basis for what is moral today?
What will it be tomorrow? Ten years from now?

I say the best thing that could ever happen to this country is for this country to get back to God of the Bible.
Fat chance that will ever happen.

Protect those children from Television, theaters and the internet... or you will reap what you sow.

I must say, 14 year olds do not need to be having sex with 16 year olds. I do not care how it has turned out, apparently their was a total lack of supervision.

Sarah...??
OMG, like... can I have your autograph so I can sell it on ebay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting