Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 04:17 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,437,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
The media only loves someone so long....and then they pick them apart like vultures.

(If I had that many kids....I would have a paddle handy ALL the time.....media or not.)

This particular child is the one they used to say just likes to be a baby. I think. She is the first born of the six and very verbal. She's tiny. Probably decided that was a good day to assert herself. Time out probably isn't as effective any more. Who knows what had transpired prior to this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 07:33 PM

458 posts, read 1,352,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Agreed.
And some kids have a high threshold for pain, and are smart enough to know that adults aren't really allowed to hurt them (ie, bruising, broken bones, etc).
I've seen kids flat out taunting parents who attempt to physically discipline them, especially when spanking is a frequently used means of discipline and has been used over a long period of time. Kids end up just finding it laughable.
I said a light spank on the tush, nothing about broken bones or bruises. When I say light spank I mean light spank. A simple one tap on the tush. Not hold them down and power wack them until they scream bloody murder.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:56 AM

467 posts, read 981,579 times
Quote:
The media only loves someone so long....and then they pick them apart like vultures.

(If I had that many kids....I would have a paddle handy ALL the time.....media or not.)
Yeah until they gang up on you one day when they are in their teens and remind you of the good ole days

Old 06-21-2009, 09:42 AM

1,261 posts, read 6,094,976 times
Quote:
Well, fortunately for Kate fertility treatments made her a mother. If she had chosen to adopt, this "small spank" would have been a big deal because most states require that prospective adoptive parents sign an agreement during the homestudy process that "they will not inflict any type of physical pain" on a child. A process that tries to ensure what is in the "best interest of a child" deems that any spanking is not an appropriate disciplining method.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:44 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,437,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlv311 View Post
Well, fortunately for Kate fertility treatments made her a mother. If she had chosen to adopt, this "small spank" would have been a big deal because most states require that prospective adoptive parents sign an agreement during the homestudy process that "they will not inflict any type of physical pain" on a child. A process that tries to ensure what is in the "best interest of a child" deems that any spanking is not an appropriate disciplining method.
That's interesting.

I still don't think Kate responded incorrectly.

Old 06-21-2009, 03:29 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,451,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belinda_Cooperstone1 View Post
I said a light spank on the tush, nothing about broken bones or bruises. When I say light spank I mean light spank. A simple one tap on the tush. Not hold them down and power wack them until they scream bloody murder.
There is quite a bit of middle ground between one spank on the pants and "broken bones/bruises". I think Leah probably should've gotten a good sound spanking that stung awhile.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:00 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,431,909 times
Giving a kid a swat on the but is not losing control or abuse, although I am certain there are people who disagree with that. Kate and Jon made the mistake of allowing their whole lives to be documented for the sake of money and this is the repercussions they are now having. People are watching them like hawks. They can't cough without someone commenting on it. They need to cut their ties with the television show and start to show these kids what a real life is all about.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:09 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,451,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
They need to cut their ties with the television show and start to show these kids what a real life is all about.
Damn straight...I barely know who they are, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if that's what messed up their marriage in the first place.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:46 PM

1,636 posts, read 4,222,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Damn straight...I barely know who they are, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if that's what messed up their marriage in the first place.

Families with multiples seldomly last. Tv show or not. It's a fact. The show might have even helped them last longer. Who knows. As a matter of fact I do believe the divorce rate for parents WITHOUT multiples is pretty high too!

Old 06-21-2009, 11:38 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,061,996 times
Quote:
If I had that many kids....I would have a paddle handy ALL the time.....media or not.

Honey if I had that many kids I would be on so much Valium they would think I was a zombie. Ain't NO Dam way. I am 42 and have a 16 year old and a 12 year old. Someone told me the other night I need to have another baby... UMMMM NOT!!!!!!

Is that enough of those 's??? hahahahaha Can you imagine all 6 of those at 15/16?? I had rather not have that many teens at the same time if I can avoid it. Actually I would just not have that many children at any time. HAHAHAHAHA. Sorry...just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting