Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 10:25 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMom2 View Post
I agree, but why does Dad become the homeless one (especially in this case where Mom is getting the negative media attention)?

In reference to Dads, I just don't get it. Why is Dad always cast out even when not in the wrong? Is it a society thing?
MrMom2...........you know as well as I do that men have absolutely no rights in this country's "Family" Courts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 11:47 AM

1,636 posts, read 4,227,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMom2 View Post
I agree, but why does Dad become the homeless one (especially in this case where Mom is getting the negative media attention)?

In reference to Dads, I just don't get it. Why is Dad always cast out even when not in the wrong? Is it a society thing?

Obviously you know little about this situation. John was all over the news as the cheater and partying all night taking shots LONG before Kate swatted her child on the behind.

Yea ok. Dad would be homeless? First of all he has a condo and second of all he's a complete idiot. There is no way he'd be able to keep order and take care of those kids (even if he hired someone).

And the mom doesn't always get the kids. In most cases where both parents are "suitable" and have place for the children to reside, they will share custody. It is equal time if the parents BOTH want. Many single parents do not want that and they rather have the weekends. If one parent wants and the other doesn't the courts decide. While I agree the courts maybe weren't that fair back in the day, they are now. Let's also remember that husbands were allowed to beat their wives and the wives could not get a restraining order because the hubby lived in the home too back in the day!

It's unfair to say the father has no rights. It's also not well-informed

Old 06-22-2009, 12:31 PM

467 posts, read 983,518 times
do you answer everyone so bitterly? no offense, but really

Old 06-22-2009, 12:42 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,789,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Amen Sister! Also, she is using her 15 minutes of fame to write books. I used to watch the show all of the time but have stopped because Kate (and Jon too) have started to believe their own publicity and anyone who has watched the show for more than a few episodes know that neither one of them are role model parents. They certainly don't need to be looked upon as parents who have their act together. It's only gotten worse as the money and freebies have started flowing in.

While I don't believe in spanking, Kate being caught on camera spanking is only coming back to bite her because she has started to try and live this persona on-camera that she is supermom.
Can you imagine the pressure with 8 young children!!!!!!!!I would go insane.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:56 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Well they announced on their show last night that they are, indeed, getting a divorce. Kate officially filed yesterday. I didn't watch the show, but from what I understand they aren't on speaking terms anymore. They talk to each other through other people: Kate - "Tell Jon blah, blah, blah" Jon - "Well, you can tell Kate blah, blah, bleh." Still (they insist) they don't "hate" each other.

Kate will live in the family home with the kids during the week (Mon - Thurs). Jon will live in the home with the kids on weekends (Fri - Sun).

Old 06-23-2009, 09:29 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Well they announced on their show last night that they are, indeed, getting a divorce. Kate officially filed yesterday. I didn't watch the show, but from what I understand they aren't on speaking terms anymore. They talk to each other through other people: Kate - "Tell Jon blah, blah, blah" Jon - "Well, you can tell Kate blah, blah, bleh." Still (they insist) they don't "hate" each other.

Kate will live in the family home with the kids during the week (Mon - Thurs). Jon will live in the home with the kids on weekends (Fri - Sun).
They admitted that they didn't know exactly how this would work. Where will Kate go on the weekends?

Old 06-23-2009, 02:54 PM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
They admitted that they didn't know exactly how this would work. Where will Kate go on the weekends?
Maybe she'll go to Jon's NYC condo on the weekends.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:55 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,477,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Maybe she'll go to Jon's NYC condo on the weekends.
I don't think that would work very well for very long.

School starts in August and I assume they wanted to give the kids some time to adjust.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:17 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlv311 View Post
If she had chosen to adopt, this "small spank" would have been a big deal because most states require that prospective adoptive parents sign an agreement during the homestudy process that "they will not inflict any type of physical pain" on a child.
If my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon.

Quote:
A process that tries to ensure what is in the "best interest of a child" deems that any spanking is not an appropriate disciplining method.
Because a lot of people with idiotic ideas and an axe to grind are in charge of the foster care system, and because some kids in foster care have been actually physically abused, rather than properly spanked.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:56 AM

1,261 posts, read 6,103,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Because a lot of people with idiotic ideas and an axe to grind are in charge of the foster care system, and because some kids in foster care have been actually physically abused, rather than properly spanked.
FYI - A homestudy is not just for those who are adopting through the foster care system. It is required of any person who adopts domestically or internationally. I have yet to read studies that show that "spanking" is the most effective parenting method.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting