Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 05:44 PM

438 posts, read 1,360,317 times

Advertisements

mothering dot com, while h#lla over-moderated is good for SAHPs and WOHPs of both genders. Is pretty much 90% moms, but there are dads and a handful of them are very very active members. It caters to the AP style crowd though, so if babywearing and interest in natural parenting styles isn't your speed it will probably make your eyes bleed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 03:33 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,706,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
The site is busy so some find it worthwhile - but in my opinion, - too much estrogen on that site.... Girly signatures alone taking half a page with every post...
Oh, I second that. Glittering faeries and cheesy bow-tied skulls. Ugh.

And everybody is trying to sell you on their home-based business.

If you think we get snarky HERE, ooooh boy. Watch out. Combine parenting with politics, all in the same place and often the same post.

The appeal wore off quickly, but reading can be...informative if not educational.

Old 08-04-2009, 05:15 AM

467 posts, read 983,996 times
lol I haven't expereinced any of that, may be I blow it off more I dunno I play that Latte Land game and while I'm waiting for the energy to build up I peruse thru some threads and get some advice on kid stuff and what other people do, etc. A lot of man-hate on there. That I admit does turn me off, but I need the advice and human interaction. Being a SAH Parent gets lonely and dull sometimes, so I take what I can get.

I did try those Dad and Parent sites mentioned. Some are ok, but even the best ones (like dailydad.com) don't have much activity. I feel like the American Indians that were all herded to Reservations to basically get them out of the way. Dads don't always relate to each other or feel like chatting much. As such those people that DO like to talk and interact will naturally gravitiate to the sites with other people that like to do it too. A site that has an update once every 24 hours (if that) is boring. You post something, then your done for today, whereas on here and Cafemom you post something and get responses very quickly depending on the topic. There's always something going on there, so ya I'd rather be in a room where's there's people talking and activities happening over a big empty room with nothing to do, except check in every 24-hours and see if anyone posted anything new at all.

If they don't want males sneaking on, then just let them come on and boot em if they act innappropriatly (like any other website). Without a way to stop them, they're just gonna do it anyway, so may as well work with them rather than constantly fighting them. I'm sorry so many females had awful experiences with some wacked out men, but that isn't reflective on all of us, nor should good people be punished for the acts of a few.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting