U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 11:16 PM

6,155 posts, read 7,401,772 times

Advertisements

So I have a 3rd class I am suppose to be picking up at the end of this month.
I am already behind in both my classes now. A paper behind in my english class and way behind in my computer class. I find it so hard to get this work done. I am not out partying. I am just sitting at home. I am miserable and I don't even want to touch my assignments. I have a paper due Tuesday that I have yet to write and I can't even focus on it to get it done. I have no idea what to write about and I really don't care. I have tried to sit down and just do the assignments but I HATE HATE HATE HATE all this and could just rip my laptop in two out of frustration.

I can drop the 3rd class now and still be able to get my money back.
Should I drop it?

I am so frustrated its not funny. This crap doesn't even apply to my career.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 11:32 PM

3,646 posts, read 10,408,242 times
Do you have a career? From your previous posts, I gathered that you live with your mother and your great grandmother sacrificed a lot to pay for your education... but now you don't feel capable of doing the schoolwork - or you're just unwilling?

Don't buy into the "everyone should go to college" line... some people were born to work at Starbucks or Walmart. It's not a shameful thing. Not everyone is capable of college or even tech school level classes.

I say give your great grandmother's money back and start working toward a future that is more realistic to who you REALLY are, and not who you think you SHOULD be.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:51 PM

No I am stressed.
I hate my life and school is making it worse.
This work doesn't pertain to my career.
I am going to be a cop, not definitional argument essay writer. I don't even see how any of this is relevant to anything, unless I wanted to be a teacher.

I am going for a career in criminal justice and none of this crap that I am taking goes along with my career. This damn paper is going to be the death of me. I can't even think of a topic or what to write or anything and everything is just jumbled in my head and THIS IS NOT WORKING.

I want my degree in criminal justice but it would be nice to actually take classes that pertained to my career BUT I can't go to the college I am getting my major from because it's too far from home and I have no way to get there.

This is just not for me right now. I cannot handle this. This is just stressing me out.
I am so worried about failing and wasting the money. Its too late to drop the 2 classes I am in now and get my money back, so that's not an option.

I just cannot do this right now. This is too much stress.
I feel like I am going to break down.
I have so much crap running through my head.

How am I going to get all this work done?
How am I going to be able to handle a 3rd class?
Where I am going to get a job?
Where the hell is hiring?
Why the hell am I not getting call backs from my applications?
How is academy going to be paid for?
Where I am going to get the money for a car?
Is this pneumonia I have or just really bad chest congestion?
Do I potentially waste $70 on a doctors visit? [I have no insurance so it's $70, been there done that...I know how much i'll have to pay]

I feel like I am going to go crazy with all this.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:39 AM

3,646 posts, read 10,408,242 times
Wow, if taking two college classes are stressing you out (with another one on the horizon), then being a cop probably isn't the smartest career choice.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:50 AM

3,566 posts, read 4,933,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
No I am stressed.
I hate my life and school is making it worse.
This work doesn't pertain to my career.
I am going to be a cop, not definitional argument essay writer. I don't even see how any of this is relevant to anything, unless I wanted to be a teacher.

I am going for a career in criminal justice and none of this crap that I am taking goes along with my career. This damn paper is going to be the death of me. I can't even think of a topic or what to write or anything and everything is just jumbled in my head and THIS IS NOT WORKING.

I want my degree in criminal justice but it would be nice to actually take classes that pertained to my career BUT I can't go to the college I am getting my major from because it's too far from home and I have no way to get there.

This is just not for me right now. I cannot handle this. This is just stressing me out.
I am so worried about failing and wasting the money. Its too late to drop the 2 classes I am in now and get my money back, so that's not an option.

I just cannot do this right now. This is too much stress.
I feel like I am going to break down.
I have so much crap running through my head.

How am I going to get all this work done?
How am I going to be able to handle a 3rd class?
Where I am going to get a job?
Where the hell is hiring?
Why the hell am I not getting call backs from my applications?
How is academy going to be paid for?
Where I am going to get the money for a car?
Is this pneumonia I have or just really bad chest congestion?
Do I potentially waste $70 on a doctors visit? [I have no insurance so it's $70, been there done that...I know how much i'll have to pay]

I feel like I am going to go crazy with all this.
You can do this. You don't have a job and the time is going to pass anyway. The sooner that you finish the paper the less stress your going to feel. (Or so they say). The way out is going directly through.

I want to tell you something about law enforcement, your writing skills are going to be very, very important. Your documentation IS your career. So, if you can figure out a way to keep that as your focus then it might be helpful. WHEN you go to take classes for CJ, you might encounter a professor who demands that you write papers without the use of "me, my, or I". Your going to have to be able to do that. So, perhaps you can find as many ways to avoid using those words now. Kind of like turning it into your own private cj real world preparation. Just a thought.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
Wow, if taking two college classes are stressing you out (with another one on the horizon), then being a cop probably isn't the smartest career choice.
Like I said in other post, it is not the only thing in my life that is stressing me out.
I have so much going on in my life right now, financially, emotionally and everything else in between. I don't, can't want to worry about something extra.

I have limited money to put towards schooling and I am in bogus classes that I don't see how they are getting me closer to my goal and stressing out about passing these classes and not wasting the money.

I don't want to have to worry about this right now. I have other things that need my money and attention right now.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:06 AM

3,566 posts, read 4,933,941 times
You don't see it because your not in it. Have you ever seen a police report?

Old 10-12-2009, 10:22 AM

23,864 posts, read 26,247,120 times
FTR - there are very few jobs/careers that will not benefit from good communications skills - both written and verbal. Not to mention, throughout life we will be required to do something that we may not agree with or understand at the moment. That doesn't mean it's not important. You seem again to want to have your goals handed to you without having to go through the things required to earn them. That indicates a real level of immaturity. Perhaps you are right. You might not be ready for college - or the police academy for that matter. The best thing might be for you to find a job that you are qualified for NOW, with what you have - I assume a HS diploma...Get that then work for awhile. THEN, after a few years, rethink your goals. You might be perfectly happy doing what you are doing - or, you might find that the extra effort required to do something differnent, is worth the time and money to do it. Nothing wrong with either way.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:27 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,428,366 times
I'm going to agree here.

One of my husband's biggest pet peeves is the lack of good skills when it comes to written communications these days. People have no idea how important it is and how it comes across when some in a report, email, etc. can't put together thoughts in a clear, well written way. He is in IT - he does way more writing, putting together proposals, reports, etc. then sitting in front of a computer. It's that way in many careers.

And yes, along the way in life you will come across a lot of things that seem pointless or that you just don't want to do. That's when you really have to suck it up. Life is full of a lot of stress, and I hate to break it to you - it never really goes away. It just changes.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
You don't see it because your not in it. Have you ever seen a police report?
Yes I have.
A police report for a juvenile specifically...that is a lot more paperwork than an adult. I went on a ride a long with a deputy, he was a rookie. 2 months on his own.

I helped him write the report and helped him fill out the paperwork for each of the boys. He actually hadn't remembered most the info or was testing me to see how well I could remember things. I actually proof read his paper and helped him out with that.

I am fantastic in english. I am a grammar nut at times and there are numerous english teachers in my family.

I don't need this class. This class isn't doing anything for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting