Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 12:42 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,859,599 times

Advertisements

apparently it's a farce...

however, TSA would need some back up before they touched MY child. I'd be in jail for assault if someone at an airport said they were going to take my child to somewhere I couldn't see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 08:09 AM

11,642 posts, read 23,909,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
MY high horse?? Hi pot, meet kettle. Was it really necessary to insult my pov for no reason? I think not. Wait, Nic, is that you?
I am not insulting you. I am disagreeing with you. Do you know the difference?

There is a reason that I disagree with your POV. You may dislike my reason but the reason DOES exist.

I think that people find it very easy to say what they would do in the same situation. You have had time to read the article, digest the situation and craft the perfect response. The people who are involved in the situation have not had that time and are caught in a stressful situation and have to react without being able analyze the situation. I think that your response that you would do this and that is disingenuous. You quite simply cannot know what you would and would not do until you are faced with that same exact situation.

You may not react exactly the way you would like to react. And you may not like your response after the fact. So leave this poor woman alone.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:57 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
well here is one for you . I was in an airport when asked to remove my insulin pump which i did and I no longer wear one for that very reason and I am tired of being asked to step out of the line to have it removed again . It just easier to carry syringes unopened and insulin new vials . I hate flying anymore because of over zealous security personel . I am not the only one this has happened to .

Old 10-19-2009, 07:36 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Most of airport security personnel are boobs. Problems is, they hold a lot of power and you do have to be careful how you respond to them regardless of how pi$$ed off you may be. I would try the voice of reason before flying off the handle, but I wouldn't stand there passively crying either. I would immediately head off to the head of security or another high ranking airport official.

Old 10-20-2009, 01:43 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMallory View Post
apparently it's a farce...

however, TSA would need some back up before they touched MY child. I'd be in jail for assault if someone at an airport said they were going to take my child to somewhere I couldn't see.
And when you're in jail, your child would be somewhere you couldn't see.

Airport security isn't the place and time to mess around and pitch a fit. I think people should just go ahead and take car trips myself. Or the bus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting