Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 06:05 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,489,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
It seems once a kid is old enough to dine in a restaurant without a booster seat, parents should teach their child to sit in his seat. Don't parents realize the next person who sits in that chair or booth doesn't want your child's dirty shoe prints on their clothing? Please have some consideration for the next customer.
i tell you i am so TIRED of hearing this kind of nonsense. do you have kids?? my son has a brain and a mind which he controls. he is not a robot that i can turn on and off. i try to teach him how to behave, but kids still do what others deam as wrong. yes he acts like a 3 year old! shocking i know.
how about you borrow a 3 year old and take him/her out to a restaurant and see how you do with that....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 06:42 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
i tell you i am so TIRED of hearing this kind of nonsense. do you have kids?? my son has a brain and a mind which he controls. he is not a robot that i can turn on and off. i try to teach him how to behave, but kids still do what others deam as wrong. yes he acts like a 3 year old! shocking i know.
how about you borrow a 3 year old and take him/her out to a restaurant and see how you do with that....
These parents did nothing to teach the kid how to behave. They ignored him as he was standing and stomping on the seat.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:46 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
It seems once a kid is old enough to dine in a restaurant without a booster seat, parents should teach their child to sit in his seat. Don't parents realize the next person who sits in that chair or booth doesn't want your child's dirty shoe prints on their clothing? Please have some consideration for the next customer.
Do you have kids? Are some of them boys? Any with ADHD? Seriously, I think that my husband leaves a shoe print now and then.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:53 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,489,531 times
Quote:
These parents did nothing to teach the kid how to behave. They ignored him as he was standing and stomping on the seat.
then dont say "parents should teach"....say THOSE parents should have done something about what their kid was doing. everyone is a critic----till they have their own to "teach"--

Old 10-28-2009, 08:05 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,106,143 times
So let's see - the bus person or waitstaff wipes off the seats/benches with the SAME RAG that's wiping off the table?

I'd rather have someone fart on the seat.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:06 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Are you eating off the table?

Old 10-28-2009, 09:49 PM

1,122 posts, read 2,316,253 times
Quote:
While I agree with setting guidelines and expectations in regards to public etiquette as early as possible with children, I have another point of view on that. We don't out very often, maybe a half a dozen times a year. Our kids favorite place to go have booths with benches that do not move, are close to the table an agianst the wall. As an adult, you have scoot into the booths in a half sitting position in order to get in. The children however are much shorter and their spines just dont bend like that so they have to crawl across.

The way I look at it is, if this supposedly family friendly restaraunt did not want foot prints on their seats, they'd have thought better about their seating before the establishment was opened. The other thought is...what are the bus boys for but to clean up after you? Granted I go the extra mile and make sure my kids clean up afer themselves and we make sure all is stacked up on the side of the table for them with the garbage on the top plate, glasses all stacked up, ect cause I know that helps on a busy day but in reality, isn't that part of why we go out to eat? So we don't have to do teh cleaning?

Old 10-28-2009, 09:54 PM

1,122 posts, read 2,316,253 times
Quote:
Now this is a different story. When my children observe this type of behavior, I am quick to thank them for not acting this way as to not have any copy cat behavior, especially if the child is getting what they want by doing so. It usually get me a good glare but the parents will usually do something about it. For us, it is a perfect learning opportunity for our children to learn why we ask them not to do this behavior. The parents are offended because I am teaching my children, so be it.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:37 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,106,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Are you eating off the table?
Of course not - but my napkin which USED to wipe my lips is placed on that table which is wiped with the same cloth that just wiped someone's naked butt farted upon seat. Oh hell, now I'm staying at home to eat.

I could have handled wiping the seat that a child stepped on, but not the naked butt farting.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:44 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Missed the "naked" part -

I'm so confused! Parents should teach their kids to not put their feet on the booth seats so that the waiters/busboys aren't forced to use the same cloth to wipe the tables as the seats of those diners who pass gas while eating pantsless?

I don't have young kids anymore but I'm staying home too.

PS - your napkin belongs on your lap....unless you're dining without pants in which case perhaps it should be under your lap....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting