Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 05:22 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Hmm I don't remember that caveat, but it worked for me. I told my husband at the time I would be choosing as I was going through all the pain. Yeah I was young and selfish but his picks sucked anyway. Brenda was not a popular name in the 80's and after he told me he used to like a girl by that name, his chances ceased to exist.
ya, sounds like it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 12:26 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,491,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaven View Post
Both need to agree as much as possible, but with our third and final neither of us could agree on a middle name. In that particular instance I got the right to choose the middle name because I carried the baby the whole 9+ months. And there was no way in hell I was going to agree with "The Bear Fighter" as a middle name
although i agree that that would have been a bad middle name, you make it sound as if you were driving...
"i carried the baby the whole 9 months"....its not as if you could have switched seats and have him carry it part of the time....
why do some women act like being pregnant it's a chore??
fyi---i also carried a baby, and it was wonderful

Old 11-19-2009, 02:47 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
That's nice. It was a chore for me. I know it's a happy glowy time for some women, but not me. I hated being pregnant pretty much the whole time.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:33 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,195,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaven View Post
And there was no way in hell I was going to agree with "The Bear Fighter" as a middle name
Good call.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:35 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,195,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post

I gather you didn't have pregnancy induced hypertension, or premature labor, or constant nausea, or any of the other not-exactly-uncommon complications that can make pregnancy pure unreconstituted hell.
Count yourself lucky.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:54 PM

890 posts, read 2,785,764 times
So funny thinking back 13+ years ago. Wife's water broke and we have not finally agreed on a name. The morning after the delivery, the nurse asked if we have a name... wife and I looked at each other and said "not yet."

We end up with creating a hybrid name from parts of my mom's name and MIL's name for D13.

Same thing happen to S10 10 years ago. We did not have a final name. I creatively just juggled the 4 initials of the grand parents, and added an extra letter to make it sound ok.

By the time we were on D4, we had plenty of list and I had them written down, and we just came up with the 2 names we liked and my wife's choice became the first name, and my choice became the middle name.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:31 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,491,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
I gather you didn't have pregnancy induced hypertension, or premature labor, or constant nausea, or any of the other not-exactly-uncommon complications that can make pregnancy pure unreconstituted hell.
Count yourself lucky.
actually i had to go oin bed rest at 26 weeks cause i was having contractions...this after losing 2---so i think i went through enough thanks so much

Old 01-07-2010, 09:43 AM

34 posts, read 67,553 times
BEST NAME THE GRANDPARENTS

Dad's Dad "Jay"
Mom's Dad "Raymond"

MY NAME: "Jayna Rae"

Old 01-07-2010, 10:46 AM

821 posts, read 2,038,382 times
[quote=MrMom2;11673423]I've heard that, too.

What does the Dad get to do legally? Moms seem to get everything unless they prove to be really awful mothers. Kinda adds to my other post of what motivation does a Dad have to be a part of a family if he isn't an equal partner to his wife in everything (legally or otherwise). Doesn't even have a say in what to name his kids unless mom allows it? whew... and then people wonder why men appear to not be very involved?

Not complaining, just honest curiousity

----------------------------
quote]

Maybe more men need to take a better look at the women that are going to become the mother of thier child...

All types of relationships are about comprimise and if this women is not comprimising while your dating... then when your married what makes a man think they are going to comprimise when they have a child together...

When picking out our childrens names our daughter was easy I loved the name and he did too our son was much harder I loved a ton of names and he hated most of them until we finally agreed on one... but we both made this child, we are both taking responablity for this child, we both love this child. Why wouldnt we both name this child...

Old 01-07-2010, 11:27 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,053,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMom2 View Post
Kinda adds to my other post of what motivation does a Dad have to be a part of a family if he isn't an equal partner to his wife in everything (legally or otherwise). Doesn't even have a say in what to name his kids unless mom allows it? whew... and then people wonder why men appear to not be very involved?
Your words lead me to believe that this is a marriage problem, not a naming problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting