Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 01:47 PM

743 posts, read 2,233,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Yeah, I can say I have been guilty of that one too

I also tell them if I don't get you, God will! And I don't say that to be mean, but SOO many times, one of my kids have done something to me...run by and smack me (just playing around of course) or whatever it may be, then they turn around and fall, or run into the wall or something to get them back

Gotta love it!
That is sooo funny....my mom used to say, when asked how she knew we were up to something or did something we weren't supposed to do....."I've got eyes in the back of my head".....

With my kids, I use the "God is watching you....." I use it very "tongue in cheek", but the expression on their face does seem to change a little
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 08:35 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,463,069 times
"What is not done . . . is not found out" I hate lying !!!!!!!!! and this is saying to me is so true!!!!

Another one I use is "What I forgot, you still have to learn!".

I can't believe I say these things . . . sometimes I fee so old.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:38 AM

133 posts, read 629,293 times
I grew up in the south...so my mom had a saying for everything. Just think Forest Gump! But, we have a saying that I made up in our home. We move around a lot...probably about every 2 years or less. The thing they miss the most, of course, are their frineds when we move. I tell them that "God has a special friend waiting for you, you just haven't met each other yet!" I also tell them that it probably won't be the first friend they make..possibly it's the second or third one...but that best friend is there! And, sure enough, within 6 months, they have a best buddy and they think I know everything! They actually get excited when I say it, because it always comes true...eventually!

Old 06-01-2007, 11:41 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,158,550 times
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, what a wonderful place this would be !

The world does not revolve around you !

And I am also quilty of : I brought you into this world, I'll take you out.

From my son (soon to be 18) : You did alot worse when you were my age
Me: Exactly, thats why you won't be doing that !

With age comes wisdom

Old 06-01-2007, 02:19 PM

894 posts, read 4,348,545 times
too funny,

I guess we all have the same ideas!

My husband and I used to sing "You can't always get what you want" by the Stones. My 19 year old son will turn the song off if he hears it.

Happy mom, happy home. I even tried to teach him about PMS at the age of 16...figured his wife might thank me some day.

Everytime you make a choice to do something, think, would mom and dad be proud?

And I always used I gave you life, I can taketh away.....

Old 06-01-2007, 04:32 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,899,461 times
"Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD.."

My friend said one today that I hope my son never hears!- "It's easier to say your sorry than to ask for permission" (!!)

Old 06-01-2007, 05:45 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,680,464 times
ok this isn't a saying but I just want to vent!! I just found two wet bathing suits in the bottom of the hamper!!! I've said I don't know how many times..."Rinse it out and hang it up in the laundry room!" How hard is this? Grrrrrrr!! I think I'll close the pool for a week.........

Old 06-02-2007, 06:52 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 5,158,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
ok this isn't a saying but I just want to vent!! I just found two wet bathing suits in the bottom of the hamper!!! I've said I don't know how many times..."Rinse it out and hang it up in the laundry room!" How hard is this? Grrrrrrr!! I think I'll close the pool for a week.........
Wet suits in the HAMPER ... SHAME, SHAME SHAME !

I'll vent with you, if I may.
My lovely son seem to always wait for me to finish all the laundry, than gathers what seems to be every piece of clothing that he has and dumps it in the laundry room ! Sends me thru the roof.
Yes, he should be doing it himself. We have taken that approach, and at times I flat out refuse to do it. The main reason I do not like him to do his laundry is because of an incedent we had once. He was told to do his laundry, he did after pouting about it. Well, I'm sitting in the den listening to the dryer going for approxiimately 40 minutes, which is a bit long or at least time to check. I hear something bouncing around in the dryer, curious I go and check. I find an aresol can of "Axe" spray in the dryer just waiting to explode ! Needless to say it wasn't the can that exploded. He had stuck it in his pant pocket and forgot. DUH DUH DUH ! How do you not feel an aerosol can in a pocket !!!! Could of blown the house to pieces !

O.K. done venting (for the moment) !

Old 06-02-2007, 07:55 AM

592 posts, read 2,809,195 times
My lovely grandmother used to tell me "There's nothing good that will happen after ten at night" Boy, was she right

My best friends mother used to tell us as teenagers "Just imagine what she will look like in 30 years" A profound statement to a teenagers ears.

I told my son from an early age "If you don't find a way to control yourself, society will certainly do it for you." He's now 16 and taking college classes in high school. There is a God!!!

Great post and threads!!

Old 06-02-2007, 10:35 PM

1,372 posts, read 5,209,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
Wet suits in the HAMPER ... SHAME, SHAME SHAME !

I'll vent with you, if I may.
My lovely son seem to always wait for me to finish all the laundry, than gathers what seems to be every piece of clothing that he has and dumps it in the laundry room ! Sends me thru the roof.
Yes, he should be doing it himself. We have taken that approach, and at times I flat out refuse to do it. The main reason I do not like him to do his laundry is because of an incedent we had once. He was told to do his laundry, he did after pouting about it. Well, I'm sitting in the den listening to the dryer going for approxiimately 40 minutes, which is a bit long or at least time to check. I hear something bouncing around in the dryer, curious I go and check. I find an aresol can of "Axe" spray in the dryer just waiting to explode ! Needless to say it wasn't the can that exploded. He had stuck it in his pant pocket and forgot. DUH DUH DUH ! How do you not feel an aerosol can in a pocket !!!! Could of blown the house to pieces !

O.K. done venting (for the moment) !
Trust me when I say this make him do his own laundry and it won't happen often!!! even my 7 yr old knows how to do laundry because he likes to pile his stinky clothes in his room so for punishment he had to learn how to wash his own clothes worked like a charm he is much better about finding the laundry room

PS to stop accidents ya have to treat them like a 3 yr old and literally hold their hand teenagers hate that crap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting