Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 05:00 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Keep kissing Missy's ass, maybe she will send you a naked picture of herself for being such an understanding and compassionate gentleman. She is so innocent and such a good Mom, but her kids, man, they are so evil and rotten!! I never realized how many MORONS are out there in this world, until I read this BUT this thread should be made into a book or a Lifetime special, pathetic in a very funny or maybe very sad way.
Wahine is Hawaiian for woman. That would make me yet another woman in this thread who thinks you're an uptight puritanical hypocritical killjoy who has probably never had sex with the lights on. Oh, the humanity!

Old 12-16-2009, 05:03 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,857,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
and now my 16 year old thinks I am a ****. I'm devestated. what do I do now?
forward them to everyone on citydata? lol jk...

well is it a son or a daughter? there are different ways to handle the situation... i think if it is a daughter, then tell her that you and your husband like to keep your relationship new and exciting and one day she will understand, if it is a son, then tell him the same thing, and he will be grossed out...

Old 12-16-2009, 05:51 PM

546 posts, read 1,678,274 times
You're married. You're exclusive. You're in love with your husband. Just because you become a mom and your husband a dad does not mean your sex life stops all of a sudden. There is a huge difference between sexting between two married, loving adults, and teens. And your child needs to recognize that.

There is no way I would stop or hinder my sex life with my spouse because my child found something from it. I would first off let him/her know that under no circumstances is s/he to ever talk about his/her mother like that, and that your life as a mom and your life as a wife might mix together once in awhile, but they are also two very different aspects of your life. One part s/he is central to. The other, s/he has no business being in. End of story.

Oh, and keep your cell phones away from your kids.

Old 12-16-2009, 06:25 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Lots of good food for thought on this thread Missy

I wish you well with your daughters going forward, and hope everyone has learned whatever lesson they were supposed to learn!

Old 12-16-2009, 07:11 PM

2,058 posts, read 5,859,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Lots of good food for thought on this thread Missy

I wish you well with your daughters going forward, and hope everyone has learned whatever lesson they were supposed to learn!
good post. I read through it and can't believe how judgy-wudgy people are. Keep doing what you're doing. I would be frank and open with your girl and try to explain the difference between you (a grown woman in a marital relationship) and her when it comes to that situation. And then have a good laugh at it. She should feel lucky that her parents are still in love.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:24 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
The Tribe has spoken.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:41 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,370,597 times
I hold to the - if you do not want anyone to see it except one person, then you don't send it via phone , email, post on Facebook, Myspace, etc. because you never ever know who else is going to see it. Your husband can wait until gets home to enjoy all that you have to offer.

Adults and parents need to understand, particularly in today's world, that there is a time and place for everything.

Your child will remember this for the rest of their life. While it may sound extreme, you might seek professional guidance on how to handle this.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:44 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
My husband would never, ever ever be so hateful to do something like that. EVER.
Famous last words....

As far as having to have "a boring sex life" what the hell did people do before the camera phone? Or computers for that matter?

Man, people are dumb. And apparently lack creativity too. How many "celebrity sex tapes" have we seen now where they were only making it for themselves but.....

Yup.

My mother taught me not to put anything in writing that could be used against me. She didn't HAVE to warn me about naked photos, I'm just smart like that.

In fact, this is SO STUPID that even if it's true I can't even believe a real person would post it on an internet forum.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:20 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,670,675 times
Well I strolled back to see how this was resolving, hope someone takes a lesson.
reminds me of a song....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ5bS3_BCDs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.