Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2010, 09:04 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I always had the impression that Germans were modern minded --- anti-war, save-the-environment type of people.
Why wouldn't Germans be of mixed views just like Americans? I would think that in almost any European country, you could find "liberal" and "conservative" although those terms are difficult to apply across cultures or a variety of moral views.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:14 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,048,379 times
I have a great deal of compassion for the OP. He's in a difficult situation, but I still think he shouldn't dismiss his son's experimentation as normal development. This child is absolutely too young to be sexually active with another person (of either gender), and his parents need to be very concerned about it.

I also maintain that a general physical is in order, including a work-up for STDs, and perhaps a hormone check, too. At that point, the physician may make a mental health referral, which I strongly suggest the OP pursues.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:32 PM

122 posts, read 372,461 times
The OP and his wife handled this situation very well. Especially for this "PC" day and age.
Buburuza13 is one I am glad was not my parent. And she is from Europe!!?? I remember being 11 years old and growing up and "discovering". I lived in Spain at the time. Not an easy time in life. I'm 50 now but remember those days very well. As the OP said, "caught their 11 year old expiermenting". Part of life. It happens to all of us at some point. That is a natural growing up phase. The kid does not need therapy. Some of the posters do!!

Old 01-03-2010, 08:46 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,691,053 times
I registered specifically because of what I was reading in this thread.

I agree with jksa09; talk about over the edge. Why is normal growing up now a perversion in need of therapy and separation from others? There is nothing wrong with that boy.

I'll bet some of you were experimenting with girls and sex in college or on overnights when you were in school, or brothers looking at sisters, etc..

Old 01-03-2010, 09:21 PM

541 posts, read 1,340,044 times
german modern and tolerant?regarding homosexuality???good joke!!..the majority of the german society has a similar opinion.Do not forget we germans pay a lot of catholic church tax directly form our wages and incomes!!why??because a big majority is catholic...and yes we have a problem with this...

i would not accept the homosexuality of my son,neither under my roof,nor outside my roof...

i am not a very religious person,but i have my principales in life and i got a certain education..it is against me,against my believes and in my familly homosexuality has nothing lost,but nothing..it would make me sick and i would lose a son.All the effort i put in his educations,in forming him,would be a waste of time,also all the effort made from my familly,gradparents and grand grandparents to gain a certain heritage (values,tradition,but also financially)would have been for nothing..for somebody,who is taking from behind from his boyfriends!!!!!or .. imagine oral sex ..makes me sick...are you kidding me!!!i could not accept that and be honest,most of you would be disgusted!!Thanks God my son likes girls!!and only girls...

as far as i am concerned,like i said,they shoudl live their life the way they want..but guess what?STAY AWAY from mine!!in my familly ,under my roof,homosexuality is not welcome!!

why shoudl i lie and sugarcoat hollywood style??i am capable of express my opinion and talk my mind!!

no,they did not handle the situation right!If i were the othe rparent,i woudl sue them in a second with the best lawyer!!!!I have the right to know,it is MY SON and i take the decisions for him.The other parent is obligate to inform!!!Other he covers something,that he should not!!And legally can look very bad,if teh other parent is like me and takes brutally action!!

Old 01-04-2010, 12:48 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
the majority of the german society has a similar opinion.Do not forget we germans pay a lot of catholic church tax directly form our wages and incomes!!why??because a big majority is catholic...and yes we have a problem with this...
I've never heard that! Very strange! You have my sympathies!

Old 01-04-2010, 04:05 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,994,339 times
I too would not accept this behavior in my home. My children have freedom to do natural and age appropriate behavior but it seems this "person" has issued license for sexual perversion. This OP is developing a Frankenstein here; this potential monster is beyond the bud stage and has begun to bloom into a real danger to himself and those that have the unfortune luck to *** in contact(no pun intended) with him.

If this kid is not reined in he is a potential sexual vice monster in the making. This kid will not only take himself down the sewer of degeneracy, but will likely take all those around him as well. We are talking a possible child molester and a person that becomes absolutely overwhelmed by self gratification sexual vice. he seems to be using this as an attention getter; something he surely enjoys. As he breaks barrier after barrier chasing a never ending more extreme sexual pleasures he will be exposed to disease and all of the turbulent emotions inside of his soul. He has groomed his son to be a well versed in the worst of personal calamities— the corruption of manners, and the vices of the soul.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:52 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Wow, does Obama have an opening for a "Sex Czar?" I see a lot of candidates on this thread. Is it better to overreact than to under-react?

It sounds the like parent may have given the child information that was not age appropriate, and the child is running wild with it. You teach your children that they shouldn't be touched by others, but do you also teach your children, that they are NOT to touch others inappropriately? When you demand others respect your body, you must use the same respect toward them.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:21 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
I registered specifically because of what I was reading in this thread.

I agree with jksa09; talk about over the edge. Why is normal growing up now a perversion in need of therapy and separation from others? There is nothing wrong with that boy.

I'll bet some of you were experimenting with girls and sex in college or on overnights when you were in school, or brothers looking at sisters, etc..
The thread is about an 11 year old, not a college, HS, or even middle school student.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:27 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buburuza13 View Post
german modern and tolerant?regarding homosexuality???good joke!!..the majority of the german society has a similar opinion.Do not forget we germans pay a lot of catholic church tax directly form our wages and incomes!!why??because a big majority is catholic...and yes we have a problem with this...
I thought most of Germany was Lutheran... OK, I looked it up. According to wiki, Germany is predominantly Lutheran. It also doesn't list Germany as having Catholicism as the state religion.

forgot the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_religion

Here's another. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Germany

I guess you can pick one of a few churches to have your tax money go to. Interesting.

"The German constitution guarantees freedom of faith and religion. It also states that no one may be discriminated against due to their faith or religious opinions. Unlike some other countries, cooperation between the state and religious communities is entirely in keeping with the German constitution. Religious communities that are of considerable size and stability and are loyal to the constitution can be recognised as "statutory corporations". This gives them certain privileges, for example being able to give religious instruction in state schools (in most states except of Berlin and Bremen) and having membership fees collected by the German Finanzamt (the German equivalent of the US Internal Revenue Service) or by themselves. Such Church tax is levied if a person lists a religion on their tax form or is listed as member in the population registry. It is a surcharge amounting to between 8 or 9% of the income tax. The status mainly applies to the Roman Catholic Church, the mainline Protestant EKD, and Jewish communities. There have been numerous discussions of allowing other religious groups like Jehovah's Witnesses and Muslims into this system as well. The Muslim efforts were hampered by the Muslims' own disorganised state in Germany, with many small rivalling organisations and no central leadership, which does not fit well into a legal frame that was originally created with well-organised, large Christian churches in mind."

sorry to go off topic. Learn something new everyday. My concern about this whole thing is not really that it was a boy that he was experimenting with, but the fact he was experimenting with another person no matter what the gender. He's too young. An 11 year old should be "experimenting" alone. period.

Last edited by Kibbiekat; 01-04-2010 at 08:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting