Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 10:48 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,025,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
oh my! I recently stopped bathing mine together (6 and 4 years). I thought it was time for them to be naked alone more and together less!
I remember mine would come running from anywhere in the house whenever he heard bathwater running. He always wanted to join me. It seemed I never had a private bath.

Eventually, he got so big there just wasn't enough room. I remember asking his father to distract him and locking the door just in case. He got over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 11:01 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,162,138 times
BTW, at what age does modestly kick in? My 6 year old has no problem walking around naked upstairs while he's getting ready for a bath or whatever.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:09 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,025,167 times
Quote:
BTW, at what age does modestly kick in? My 6 year old has no problem walking around naked upstairs while he's getting ready for a bath or whatever.
Mine didn't become self conscious until closer to puberty. Perhaps he was around 10, but I can't remember.

Regardless, it's definitely normal for a 6 year old to have no modesty around family members.

They just don't think that way about you or themselves.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:24 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,902,950 times
Quote:
It really depends on the child. My oldest is pretty laid back. He's 16 and doesn't usually run around the house naked but he doesn't really care if I see him naked for a minute. He doesn't go out of his way to make sure he is covered 100% of the time.

My youngest is 10 and runs around naked.

My middle (13) is so modest that I haven't seen that child totally naked since he was 5 and started taking baths by himself. When he got his first public hair he really wanted to show me but was very worried that I would "see everything". It made me smile, when my oldest told him "She's your MOM dummy. What's the difference if she sees you naked for a minute?"

They are all very different.

Old 01-08-2010, 02:56 PM

1,173 posts, read 4,751,150 times
My son cannot keep his hands off it, I tell him to stop touching it. I don't want to instill that it's bad but i'm pretty sure once masturbation age hits he won't care what i think. I'll try to be more sensitive about it once puberty hits but for now nobody wants to see a 3 year old playing with it at the supermarket.

It's funny though, he's not very aware of the rest of his body but he's already figured out all by himself that he gets an erection in the morning "If I don't go to the potty"

Old 01-08-2010, 04:25 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,069,117 times
I'd try to tell him on his level it is a privacy thing. He should only touch it alone in the bath or his room. Keep trying to simply reinforce this is a privacy thing, not something to do on the bus, at school, whatever.

Of course if your kid is 2 or younger, they may not understand. I am speaking for the 3, 4, and up ages.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:52 PM

18,469 posts, read 31,627,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icibiu View Post
My son cannot keep his hands off it, I tell him to stop touching it. I don't want to instill that it's bad but i'm pretty sure once masturbation age hits he won't care what i think. I'll try to be more sensitive about it once puberty hits but for now nobody wants to see a 3 year old playing with it at the supermarket.

It's funny though, he's not very aware of the rest of his body but he's already figured out all by himself that he gets an erection in the morning "If I don't go to the potty"
Oh that's killin me, I now have tears streamming down my face from laughter.

Why is it the hand could care less where they are, it always seems to find Mr Peepz..................

Old 01-09-2010, 01:57 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,451,252 times
My son connected his thumb sucking to his penis fondling. He had to do both at the same time, from the time he was out of diapers (a bit after 2yo). He didn't care that we could see what he's doing. No amount of scolding helped. I was stuck with the 2 vices. At 4.5 finally bought a special bitter nail polish for stopping thumb-suckers and nail-biters. He was done with his thumb-sucking in a couple of days, just like that. As an added bonus, his love for his penis disappeared, too. Wow. He was only interested in it in connection with his thumb sucking. Don't know how to explain that one.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:03 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,233,149 times
Pity that these days masturbation is considered normal and OK. Just do it whenever.

Masturbation is selfish sex.
Sex should only hapen within mariage.

Masturbation is not dirty, you won't go blind or go to hell but it is also unnecessary. The body has a natural way of dealing with the physical pressure. Its called a wet dream. Boys should be taught to refrain and abstain.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:09 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,162,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidxen View Post
Pity that these days masturbation is considered normal and OK. Just do it whenever.

Masturbation is selfish sex.
Sex should only hapen within mariage.

Masturbation is not dirty, you won't go bling or go to hell but it is also unnecessary. The body has a natural way of dealing with the physical pressure. Its called a wet dream. Boys should be taught to refrain and abstain.
give me a break. We're talking about toddlers grabbing themselves. We're not talking about teens masturbating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting