Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 03:11 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times

Advertisements

My son always had 2 pairs in rotation while growing up but would generally wear one pair out before comitting to the other. Now he is 19 and has 3 pairs becasue he needed special shoes for work.

My daughter...at least half a dozen including flipflops and dress shoes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 03:34 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,092,789 times
All 3 have between 3 & 5 pairs at a time. The smaller two have mostly hand-me-downs, w/ a few new ones here and there.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:16 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but Maciesmom & Hopes, boys get to have more fun in the game Good luck w/ your seasons. Back to the original topic...shoes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Seems like it...I haven't seen too much girls lacrosse but the fact that there are no pads....tells you something! DS had a few years of football under his belt so he wasnt afraid of hitting/being hit. Also a lot of baseball which helped with hand-eye coordination ....he is loving it...
Yeah, girls don't get to beat other people with sticks. That's what my son loved about it best! Plus his coaches and teammates were just great people!

Old 01-09-2010, 06:52 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,510,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Yeah, girls don't get to beat other people with sticks. That's what my son loved about it best! Plus his coaches and teammates were just great people!
And only those who understand the sport will get this: but that is half the fun!! (as your son has)

You can trip someone up pretty well and get in some jabs under the ribcage, but other than that, it's pretty harmless, especially if you are attack (minus a few balls to the face here & there which does hurt)

Talking about this makes me miss cradling

Glad to know that there are lacrosse cleats now...bout time!

Old 01-09-2010, 07:36 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Yep...whacking each other with sticks and getting in some good checking is definitely "fun"...I thought of you when we went to my son's indoor game this evening and there was a girls team playing on the field before my son's team was scheduled to play...no pads, no helmets...(except the goalie)....just bought new cleats today....if I had all the money I spent over the years on cleats and other athletic footwear....

Old 01-09-2010, 07:45 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,468,962 times
DD11 has:

2 pr sneaker
3 pr flats
4 pr boots (fake Uggs, 2 pr from Justice, and 1 from Payless)

If it were up to her, she would have a closet FULL of shoes/boots/sneakers. I told her when she starts working at 14, she can buy as many shoes as she wants. LOL!

Old 01-09-2010, 08:30 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,051,162 times
Usually five or six, changing as necessary with the seasons...

Keene sandals (wear like iron and are waterproof)
Two pairs of athletic shoes for gym class and playing after school
Dress shoes
Flip-flops/Snow boots
Soccer cleats or other specialized sports shoes, depending on needs
Hiking boots

Old 01-09-2010, 09:49 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Sneakers
Sandals
Required black dress shoes for band/chorus

Until they are teens and realize that the opposite sex actually looks at them, then all bets are off and the clothing budget doubles.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:08 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,938,945 times
Like the other posters, it usually depends on how fast their feet are growing and how fast they wear them out. Recently a friend of hers who was just a size larger had a growth spurt at the same time my dd did. The mom gave us some of the clothes (most were new and she's selling them on ebay) and a couple pairs of shoes so far, just a week after I bought my daughter 2 new pair. So, she has 4 pairs right now, plus ballet flats that I accidentally bought a size too big earlier in the school year.

We have cats that eat foam, so she can't have flip flops. In the summer, she gets a pair of crocs (that she has to keep in a drawer), a pair of sandals and one or two pairs of $5 shoes to wear with various outfits. She loves shoes. If I let her, she'd have 2 dozen pair or more. She asks for them as gifts as well.

I don't get it. I've got maybe 5 pairs of shoes myself, including snow boots. Of course, I can't wear high heels because of nail issues, but even before those happened, I usually only had 3-4 pairs at a time.

Old 01-10-2010, 09:19 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,051,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
Like the other posters, it usually depends on how fast their feet are growing and how fast they wear them out. Recently a friend of hers who was just a size larger had a growth spurt at the same time my dd did. The mom gave us some of the clothes (most were new and she's selling them on ebay) and a couple pairs of shoes so far, just a week after I bought my daughter 2 new pair. So, she has 4 pairs right now, plus ballet flats that I accidentally bought a size too big earlier in the school year.

We have cats that eat foam, so she can't have flip flops. In the summer, she gets a pair of crocs (that she has to keep in a drawer), a pair of sandals and one or two pairs of $5 shoes to wear with various outfits. She loves shoes. If I let her, she'd have 2 dozen pair or more. She asks for them as gifts as well.

I don't get it. I've got maybe 5 pairs of shoes myself, including snow boots. Of course, I can't wear high heels because of nail issues, but even before those happened, I usually only had 3-4 pairs at a time.
Your cats eat foam? Crazy, crazy kittehs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting