Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 06:55 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,981,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoe View Post
So......why can't you dab it with toilet paper rather than shaking it?
Dabbing just gets the droplets off the tip -- shaking it gets the residual out from inside of it. Dabbing is thus not effective. Not only that, but urine is sterile while the paper you may be dabbing with is not and may leave paper-residue on the tip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2007, 02:15 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,528,307 times
Friends of ours who built a house a few years ago had a urinal installed in the downstairs bathroom (the one guests are like ly to use. It was an absolute stroke of genius! Saves water, cleaning and speeds up usage during parties!

(No matter how much you shake and dance, the last few drops go down the pants...)

Old 05-29-2007, 09:41 PM

550 posts, read 2,824,937 times
I never thought about putting in a urinal. I don't think my husband would go for it. He is always thinking about re-sale. I wish we could just live here and make it our house rather than thinking of others living here!

Are they hard to install?

Old 05-29-2007, 10:25 PM

1,174 posts, read 5,901,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoe View Post
I never thought about putting in a urinal. I don't think my husband would go for it. He is always thinking about re-sale. I wish we could just live here and make it our house rather than thinking of others living here!

Are they hard to install?
Depends on the model. Some fit flush to the wall, others don't. If you look in plumbing supply catalogs for home urinals you'll see various models.

As to the resale thing, I agree completely. What's the point of owning your own house if not to live in it as you please? May as well live in an apartment then. Life is too short to worry about what the next people who come along will think. So long as the house is clean and in good repair, it won't matter much.

Live in YOUR house, not the next buyer's.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:33 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,249,400 times
I don't have any kids but a trick I heard (can't remember where) is to put a Cheerio in the toilet and get the kid to aim at it. Maybe it'll help!

Old 05-30-2007, 01:14 PM

1,372 posts, read 5,209,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
I would make all 4 men take turns cleaning the toilet, so each cleans the toilet every 4 days.
we tried that

My boys aren't any better at cleaning than they are at peeing

Old 05-30-2007, 02:46 PM

894 posts, read 4,348,545 times
OMG,

I just happened on this topic and am ROFLMAO....I have a husband and 19 YO son. I always said if I had a second boy, I would install a urinal. I tried to train him from early on to clean the toilet, especially on the tile floor behind the toilet. I wanted his wife to thank me some day. Notice I said wanted, because upon visiting him at college, the bathroom was pretty disgusting. I thought there was some hope with him.. Oh well, at least I got DH trained.

Old 05-30-2007, 02:49 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,210,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dncngrl1964 View Post
we tried that

My boys aren't any better at cleaning than they are at peeing
Too funny. It sounds like my boys. LOL

Old 06-03-2007, 03:50 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
This is infurating during those unfortunate occasions when I have to drop a deuce in a public men's restroom. I've been in bathrooms that contained over 12 stalls and not ONE housed a toilet whose seat was free of little yellow droplets. DISGUSTING!

A line I saw etched into a stall wall at the Oak Ridge (Tenn.) public library circa 1994 sums it up best:

"Be like Daddy, not like Sis. Lift the seat before you pi$$!"
My mom always had this little sign over the toilet in the main bathroom that said, "We aim to please.. So you aim too please.."

Old 06-05-2007, 04:52 PM

284 posts, read 1,681,212 times
You have received some excellent information. I think I would implement some sort of rewards/ consequences system. Use the summer, or the weekends or whenever you are all home to keep a watchful eye on the bathroom. When you see one of your boys come out, you go in to inspect. If it is clean, make a big deal about it in front of the others and maybe even give a reward. (You know what rewards will work --maybe a few extra minutes playing outside or some additional special time with you because he saved you the time of cleaning up after him.) If it is dirty, have the offender clean it immediately and give a warning. Thereafter, not only should the offender clean the mess, but he should also have a consequence. Perhaps losing a priviledge. If he was so busy playing a game that he didn't clean up, he immediately has to stop playing the game, clean up the mess and not be allowed to return to the game. The logical consequence system works here. No one will want to get caught leaving a mess, and they'll never know when you might check. They should also start reminding each other because no one will want to clean up after the other's mess, and no one will want to get the blame if the bathroom is left messy. I would be firm and let it be known that if a boy leaves the bathroom, he is responsible for the state of the toilet -- no matter what it looked like before he used it. After all, if you sit in their pee, you have to clean it, don't you? Be sure to check as frequently as possible in the beginning. The need to check will decrease as they get tired of being inconvenienced. Eventually, they may even want you to check, so they can be caught doing a good job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting