Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 02:42 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
At the same time about compatibility thing. That's one thing I would be arguing with a pro-spanking man all day so it wouldn't work out. I'll go find myself someone a man who holds my same views in regards to this. I want a civilized one, not an uneducated one....
Make up a "Can You be My Mate" application and that can be question #3.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 02:44 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,676,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Make up a "Can You be My Mate" application and that can be question #3.
Question #4 can have something to do with the ability to listen to endless prattle about intellectual superiority.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:45 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Yes I would. I was spanked as a child and see nothing wrong with it.
But just look at how bad you turned out...(;>)

Old 01-21-2010, 03:05 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
But apparently more education doesn't help you spell better, or use better grammar.
What spelling errors because I don't see any? As for the grammar, I think it depends where you're writing. If you're writing on an English class then it's not the same as discussing topics on a public forum. Your tone of voice and punctuations will vary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Here's a heads-up for you... Spanking, beating and hitting are NOT the same things.
Beating is different but spanking does equals hitting in the context that physical force was applied towards to the kid (doesn't matter if it wasn't hard, you still resort to force).

Old 01-21-2010, 03:09 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,676,262 times
Quote:
What spelling errors because I don't see any? As for the grammar, I think it depends where you're writing. If you're writing on an English class then it's not the same as discussing topics on a public forum. Your tone of voice and punctuations will vary.
Beating is different but spanking does equals hitting in the context that physical force was applied towards to the kid (doesn't matter if it wasn't hard, you still resort to force).
I'm sorry, but I just have to smile to myself here. College girl lecturing parents of children who are older than you are.

You'll learn soon enough that all these textbook theories are just that - textbook theories.

But there's also that nagging little problem called reality.

Old 01-21-2010, 03:13 PM

382 posts, read 758,422 times
Quote:
It's good to know you don't want kids, otherwise we would have another couple of brats bitching around.

Old 01-21-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapercrazy View Post
It's good to know you don't want kids, otherwise we would have another couple of brats bitching around.
Or maybe sophisticated being. Not spanking doesn't mean it always = criminal adults. Same as spanking doesn't mean they will always be loving adults.
What about one of my cousins I mentioned earlier? He was raised the same way as his two sister. They were all spanked as kids. While his two sisters turned out fine, he on the other hand was an alcoholic from his late teens to young adulthood. Why was he a lazy, trouble-maker alcoholic and not his sisters?

Old 01-21-2010, 03:24 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,511,398 times
Quote:
No I wouldn't date a man who believed in spanking a kid. That's one thing I wouldn't be able to handle. Ok, so I'm not interest in kids but if he tell me those views or I were to see him doing that a niece, nephew or another kid, it would be ''bye, bye'' for me.

If you can't solve things in a civilized way with others and esp. with a child, plain simple you got no self-control. Turn-off for me....
See that good ole college education is definitely in your favor!

Make sure to keep DVRng Oprah & Tyra!!!

I have a feeling "bye bye" has been said to you a lot.

Oh, this whole thread is just way too humerous.

Old 01-21-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
See that good ole college education is definitely in your favor!

Make sure to keep DVRng Oprah & Tyra!!!

I have a feeling "bye bye" has been said to you a lot.

Oh, this whole thread is just way too humerous.
In terms of rejections, I only dealt with that once in 9th grade. Afterwards it was me doing the rejection and choosing who I wanted to talk to and discard. In terms of qualifying men, I'm the one who rejects rather than vice-versa.

Old 01-21-2010, 03:29 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,511,398 times
Quote:
Not spanking doesn't mean it always = criminal adults. Same as spanking doesn't mean they will always be loving adults.
And, thus...your point?

Was your philosophy class cancelled or something and you are bored not being able to sit in a chair and debate the meaning of life w/ 20yr olds?

Oh, reality is going to be such a hard fall for you.

And speaking of uneducated...calling low income people "uneducated" shows your extreme lack of maturity, knowledge, and even more...an education.

An education doesn't make the person. Just look at John Edwards Sure that will be talked about in your psych class shortly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting