Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 09:42 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,078 times

Advertisements

The OP stopped posting so what's the point? I conclude she must be seeking a counselor or psychologist and solving the issue with her daughter.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:01 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,722,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
No, I understand what you mean here. It's not a choice that you're biologically wired that way, but no matter how you look at it, it is a choice to act out on those feelings (with the other options being a life of loneliness or deceitfulness... and both can be seen as really no option at all... yet, those options were chosen by others who couldn't deal with how they were wired).

Well thanks. It's good that there's people like you who, though they may not agree with the lifestyle, at least don't judge. I'm transgender, and so far actually, most people I've come out to have been non-judgemental as well (as for my family, they actually told me it would have been easier for them if I were "just gay", instead of transgender and gay. So according to them it seems like gays have it "easy" or something. That's news to me). Oh well, maybe all that cruelty and oppression's waiting for me somewhere in the future I'm sure... And yes, I could have made the choice *not* to transition, and continue to live in a facade.

Ah, non-smokers can be arrogant f****, wouldn't you agree? (or wait, is that considered a derogatory comment? Sorry...)
Oh bless you for understanding.....all of it. You are a breath of fresh air and a calm in a storm of chaos. Have a happy life and a wonderful evening. I am so glad that you have not been persecuted and ridiculed. No one ever deserves that.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:02 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,519 times
That's not true what was posted earlier by HOPES--The OP can ask the mods to CLOSE the thread. That way no-one can add anymore posts to it. Soon it will be yesterdays news!

Old 02-03-2010, 10:19 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,813,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
That's not true what was posted earlier by HOPES--The OP can ask the mods to CLOSE the thread. That way no-one can add anymore posts to it. Soon it will be yesterdays news!
Every post terminates at some point so yes it will be yesterday's news.

I think the OP expected everyone to have her similar thoughts. The point is that not everyone will react equally (passing out and taken to the hospital). Seriously what is better? The OP's daughter being a healthy gay (her unique lifestyle) or a straight girl sleeping around, doing drugs and selling herself but with children?

Old 02-03-2010, 10:44 PM

298 posts, read 1,089,789 times
Let me let you in on a little secret. I dont know if this has been mentioned as I am not going to read through all these pages, but it is a very good chance that your daughter is just experimenting. I knew several girls and guys in high school that experimented and now are happily married to and have kids with the opposite sex. One girl who has two kids and a husband once had a relationship with a girl in hs. Im sure it even went on during your hs days and you just didnt know about it. I think you are overreacting to something that you dont know anything about and shouldnt as its non of your business. Would you want your daughter knowing about your sexual wants and desires? No.

So just leave it alone and tell your daugther that you would like to forget the whole thing and move on. Hope that this was just a phase if it bothers you this much. But also understand that this may not be a phase and thats going to be ok too.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:55 PM

298 posts, read 1,089,789 times
Btw I hate to sound like a typical male, but is you daughter attractive or butchy? Oh yeah............nice. (head bob) LOL

Old 02-03-2010, 11:01 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
The OP stopped posting so what's the point? I conclude she must be seeking a counselor or psychologist and solving the issue with her daughter.
One can only hope but I kind of doubt she is the type. She is a little too wrapped up in what was done to her to recognize she might be the one who needs help. She is MORE likely to be trying to chase her daughter into therapy because she believes her daughter is abnormal and her behavior is against all that is holy and natural...yea whatever dude...

Old 02-03-2010, 11:44 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyse View Post
Let me let you in on a little secret. I dont know if this has been mentioned as I am not going to read through all these pages, but it is a very good chance that your daughter is just experimenting. I knew several girls and guys in high school that experimented and now are happily married to and have kids with the opposite sex.
I tend to agree with this. Actually I thought of this and forgot to type it out in a frenzy. It's very likely the girls got into accidental experimenting. Hope this is what actually happened. This is something she can grow out of.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:48 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
My best friend killed himself when his mother acted this way when she saw him kiss another boy. Unfortunately, by the time his mother came around to speak to him, he was already gone.

Do not have children if you cannot accept them for who or what they are.
You do have a point. I personally feel the mother took a long break from even talking to her kid. I don't blame her coz she perhaps felt like she was just hit by an avalanche.

I hope they have already talked to each other.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:28 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
I posted this on the other, similar thread.

Quote:
I have a 47 old daughter who is gay. She dated throughout HS, males, but, when she was 18, she told me she was gay. She was not happy about it because as she said, "who would willingly choose to be this way....?" By that, she meant possible ostracism (?), living outside the norm of society, etc, etc. We adjusted. She was/is a lovely person. She has been with the same partner for 15 years.

As my daughter said, "I am not the sum total of my sexuality....there is more to me than just that...." I heartily agree.

She doesnt have children, doesn't want children of her own, is a wonderful aunt to her niece and nephews and loves her two dogs dearly.

I am okay with it all. My mother worked at it because she loved her granddaughter. My older brothers, staunch good ole Southern boys with high IQ's, one professional the other military, adored her.

I have a daughter, two cousins of different branches of the family, a nephew, a distant family member and, all are homosexual. I think it is genetic.

Love your daughter and try not to think too much about the stuff that doesnt matter. God bless you and good luck. I am always here for a chat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting