Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 07:56 PM

28 posts, read 50,278 times

Advertisements

my son is in love with a terrible evil girl, and has let her abuse him for 3 years now, im sure you want to know the reasons we dislike this girl, well first off she came to my house with her mother and sit on my couch and said your son got me pregnant and im not having this baby,her excuse was "im not going to mess my body up" my son was 17 at the time and she was 18, my son has caught her with prolly 12 guys, 5 of them being his good friends (good friends huh). she has scratched his face scaring him, among other places too, she has cussed me and my wife out a number of times, see she breaks up with him and then as soon as my son starts talking to another girl, the devil comes back and starts a big fight and acts like she wants him back, this girl has told my son if they ever had a baby ,me or my wife wont ever see it, i have tried to talk to my son and he lies and says hes not seeing her anymore ect...., see we dont want to punish him for someone he thinks he loves, but since i pay for his car, insurance, gas, college, food, clothes, home, everything !!, i want to sometimes cut him off, but on the other hand hes a good kid, he finished high school without any problems, never been in trouble with the cops, in fact thats what he is in college for, hes in his 2ond semester getting his criminal justice degree and passing, see since we are against him seeing her it causes major problems here at home, i keep thinking he would learn after awhile but he keeps chasing her until she gives in, please help me make a decision on what to do, we love our son but he sometimes disrespects us because of her, she tells him we brainwash him,she calls him a q****, and puts him down so bad, he asked me sunday if he could do better then her, his self esteem must be low, also we have done 6 police reports (within 6 months) on her from her attacking my son ,
i know some people will say just tell him you dont want to hear anything about the relationship, but its very hard to not say anything when your son comes home with his face scratched up ,help please

Last edited by RCHUNN; 02-08-2010 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: forgot a few things
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 08:11 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,748,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHUNN View Post
we love our son but he sometimes disrespects us because of her
This is the only part you can do anything about. If he disrespects you again tell him you will cut financial ties. Everything else stay out of it. Tell him you do not want to hear anything about their relationship. Period. End of story. Then pray they do not have a baby.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:13 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
my son is in love with a terrible evil girl, and has let her abuse him for 3 years now, im sure you want to know the reasons we dislike this girl, well first off she came to my house with her mother and sit on my couch and said your son got me pregnant and im not having this baby,her excuse was "im not going to mess my body up" my son was 17 at the time and she was 18, my son has caught her with prolly 12 guys, 5 of them being his good friends (good friends huh). she has scratched his face scaring him, among other places too, she has cussed me and my wife out a number of times, see she breaks up with him and then as soon as my son starts talking to another girl, the devil comes back and starts a big fight and acts like she wants him back, this girl has told my son if they ever had a baby ,me or my wife wont ever see it, i have tried to talk to my son and he lies and says hes not seeing her anymore ect...., see we dont want to punish him for someone he thinks he loves, but since i pay for his car, insurance, gas, college, food, clothes, home, everything !!, i want to sometimes cut him off, but on the other hand hes a good kid, he finished high school without any problems, never been in trouble with the cops, in fact thats what he is in college for, hes in his 2ond semester getting his criminal justice degree and passing, see since we are against him seeing her it causes major problems here at home, i keep thinking he would learn after awhile but he keeps chasing her until she gives in, please help me make a decision on what to do, we love our son but he sometimes disrespects us because of her, she tells him we brainwash him,she calls him a *****, and puts him down so bad, he asked me sunday if he could do better then her, his self esteem must be low, help please
Just curious...did you have him when you were a teen yourself?

Old 02-08-2010, 08:23 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
I pretty much have to agree with Suzie. Having raised sons, I can tell you the more you point out how worthless she is, the more he will defend her (or feel she is the underdog and silently take up for her).

The question is - why is your son's self-worth so low that he will continue allowing himself to be treated this way by a girl? If you could get him into some kind of counseling, perhaps that question could be answered. Sometimes, colleges have peer counseling which is very helpful to situations such as this and is no-cost. I would check to find out what is available thru/ his school.

As for the pregnancy, thank your lucky stars that they didn't have a baby at that age.

I don't know that I would tell him I am cutting him off if he disrespects me, but I sure would give some sort of consequence for it. If you cut him off, he is pretty much doomed to turn to this gal even more and get off track so badly that he won't finish up school.

Suzie is also right about his talking to you about this girl. I would tell him that he really would get better advice from a third party - hence - counseling. He won't have a reason to lie to you if you all are not asking a lot of questions about their relationship.

As far as what you need to tell him when you discuss the rules with him . . . I would explain how it breaks your heart to see him treated badly, but that you respect that this is his relationship and he is the one who has to decide what he is worthy of and how he wants a woman to treat him the rest of his life. And that is why you want him to talk to someone else who can give him some insight into how to better handle that relationship and planning for his future.

Good luck - it is a terrible situation when you see your son on a slippery slope where his future could get so easily ruined just b/c of some trashy gal.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:36 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Men who are victims of domestic violence carry a certain shame with them in their silence and acceptance of the situation. He could be defensive because he is ashamed to admit what is really going on.

Perhaps he needs to read the following so he can consider the relationship himself without feeling as though his parents are judging him or pushing him.

Domestic Violence and Abuse: Signs of Abuse and Abusive Relationships

Old 02-08-2010, 08:36 PM

Mountains > i was 26 years old when he was born
Anafan > i know a baby at that age, my son sure wouldnt had a chance, its not that she aborted the baby (that was on her) but the reason she gave

thanks for your fast responces

Old 02-08-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Mountains > i was 26 years old when he was born
Anafan > i know a baby at that age, my son sure wouldnt had a chance, its not that she aborted the baby (that was on her) but the reason she gave

thanks for your fast responces
Okay, thanks. Was just wondering because you write so young I was thinking that maybe some of what you are seeing happen with him now is because you were more like friends than parent and son. But forget that theory. A manipulative young woman who has preyed upon an inexperienced young guy just ticks me off too and I'm sorry your son is in this situation.

You have to be careful though that HE sees her for who she is, because he's never going to just believe it by hearing you say it. Stop fighting with him and make sure he understands you are on his side. This means you have to walk a fine line when it comes to saying anything about her. She, the fool that she is, will however continue to say bad things about YOU. When he is only getting bombarded from one side it will become clearer to him who REALLY cares about him, and it ain't her.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:59 PM

Mountains > see we have used that approach before, we acted like we just didnt care if he seen her and told him we didnt want to hear it at all, and it worked they usually broke up, i think it was because there was no fight/dramma anymore, she loves a fight, but me and my wife dont, we are just tring to protect our son

Old 02-08-2010, 09:13 PM

2,568 posts, read 6,748,696 times
Quote:
we are just tring to protect our son
He is a man. Let him fight his own fights. He will feel better about himself when he does.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzie02 View Post
He is a man. Let him fight his own fights. He will feel better about himself when he does.
He's 19, emphasis on the nineTEEN, he's no man yet

Is the genders were reversed and this was a daughter we were talking about with an abusive, manipulative boyfriend would you say the same thing? I sure hope not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting