Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 11:55 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
PLEASE don't buy your wife a diaper bag that looks like it's a child's bag. Buy her one that looks like something an adult would carry.

I always hated diaper bags that were pale blue or pink with baby pictures on them. The baby doesn't carry it around.

Use the google shopping feature. You can search via price range.
both of ours were fine for me or my husband to carry. I felt the same about highchairs, swing, etc too. It is sitting in my living room. Why should it be covered with baby pictures?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 12:41 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,191,970 times
I kept a couple (and I did like Land's End and LL Bean bags)-- one packed at all times just because...well, I always seemed to need one at inconvenient times.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:10 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,691,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I always wanted one with the pull-out thing; I didn't like carrying any more disposable stuff than I had to.

I went to a baby shower recently where the mother-to-be received four diaper bags. They all looked like backpacks!
So slip a fold up pad or mat into the backpack. No problems there.

Four tells me that the backpack idea is a popular one.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:37 PM

1,777 posts, read 4,857,098 times
we have a $30.00 diaper bag from babiesRus, it's probably at least a year old now and is TOUGH AS NAILS it's the 3rd one, we have a 2 and 3 year old, the 2 year old will be done potty training soon, but it is great as it has 4 external cupholders, and inside has room for 5 diapers, a large pack of wipes AND a 64oz juice bottle plus room for snacks. the top has a drawstring to keep everything in place during evasive maneuvers on the freeway lol. It's an Eddie Bauer, but I'm cheap so I know it was less than $30.00

as far as a pad for changing your child on? germs will transfer to that pad too, and if you don't constantly disinfect it, what's the point? I just would toss the kids on the front seat of the car and in 15seconds the diaper was changed

Old 02-10-2010, 08:35 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,121,577 times
I seriously thought I was going to be the one that had a fancy diaper bag for every color family in my wardrobe. Over the last 2 yrs, I've had one diaper bag: a chocolate brown Tumi carry-on bag. I had a nice credit at a local luggage shop & used it for this bag. I have twins and thought I was going to need something huge. I learned early on that I didn't want something huge (too heavy & bulky!) so I have the manageable diaper bag & then had a separate thermos bag for formula/milk/snacks. It was a lot easier to stow things away when things weren't all in one big case.

I have to say that I am so glad that I didn't get into having a diaper bag for every occasion. They probably would have gone to waste. Who has time to keep transferring stuff in/out of a bag when you've got a couple of kids underfoot?

Anyway, the great thing is that it's still in excellent shape & I can use it for traveling with or without the kid. It doesn't look like a diaper bag & it's stylish.

I did try a backpack but I didn't like it because it was deep & I ended up having to dig for things all the time. The Tumi carry-on bag has 3 main compartments with 2 outside pockets on the sides & 2 small pouches on the ends. The 3 main compartments have other pouches & zippered areas. It's been perfect.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:34 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,457,849 times
Can you try looking at Etsy? I always like to support individuals and there are a lot of creative and nice looking items there.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:33 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,414,676 times
hello all! thanks again for all the replies...the bag has been taken care of!

Old 02-11-2010, 06:04 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,383,947 times
I don't think you have to spend much money at all. I just had a baby two weeks ago. My husband bought me a pretty Graco diaper bag set from Walmart. It comes in different colors/ designs to match their carseat/stroller combos. It cost less than $30.

It comes with a larger diaper bag that's good for daycare or overnights at grandmas. It also has a smaller bag that's fine for daytrips. Both bags have lots of pockets inside and bottle holders outside. It's made of a microfiber that's easy to clean.

My only compaint is the changing pad is very thin but I was able to find a nicer one in the diaper aisle at Walmart that I use instead.

I have a friend who spent almost $200 on a fancy designer diaper bag. It's very pretty, but I dont think it's any more useful than a less expensive one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting