Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 11:05 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times

Advertisements

My mother set the alarm and took me to the bathroom at nite. i then started doing it myself shortly. I can remmeber what being a kid that wet the bed meant when I was in grade school. Kids can be mean and the kid can have proiblems aftrewards IMO. I had no poroblems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 10:33 AM

1 posts, read 545 times
Are you serious? You have to let a child know when it is time to go to the bathroom, they know how to pee but not when to wake up to go, you have to teach them to get up at night. My daughters (3, 4 & 6) were daytime potty pros before 2 and went at night by 3. I woke up with them 2x a night, then 1x until they got it down on their own within a few months. Whoever said just let your kid wait it out till they learn on their own is ridiculous, I guess those parents let their kids figure out how to cook for themselves and walk their little selves to preschool right?

Last edited by badmamajamma; 07-09-2013 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-09-2013, 11:00 AM

511 posts, read 838,236 times
badmamajamma, why interrupt your child's sleep cycle to get up to pee when eventually their vasopressin production will kick in and thye will stay dry at night with some reliability? My kids are 3 and waking up dry about half the time currently, with no need to awaken them to pee.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:01 AM

511 posts, read 838,236 times
Oh mercy just realized I am replying to a post over 3 years old. lol did you not look at the date stamp of the prior post?

Old 07-09-2013, 12:13 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmamajamma View Post
Are you serious? You have to let a child know when it is time to go to the bathroom, they know how to pee but not when to wake up to go, you have to teach them to get up at night. My daughters (3, 4 & 6) were daytime potty pros before 2 and went at night by 3. I woke up with them 2x a night, then 1x until they got it down on their own within a few months. Whoever said just let your kid wait it out till they learn on their own is ridiculous, I guess those parents let their kids figure out how to cook for themselves and walk their little selves to preschool right?
This thread is 3 Years old.

I had one child who never once wet the bed after he was trained during the day. It just came naturally.

I had one kid who was in pull ups at night for 5 Years after being trained during the day.

You see, kids are different. Wetting over night can be a medical condition. All the doctorI talked to didn't see it as a problem to be treated until they are 8-9 years old. so why don't you chill out and quit judging?

Old 07-09-2013, 12:14 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiusStrip View Post
badmamajamma, why interrupt your child's sleep cycle to get up to pee when eventually their vasopressin production will kick in and thye will stay dry at night with some reliability? My kids are 3 and waking up dry about half the time currently, with no need to awaken them to pee.
Until this poster I've never heard of anyone waking their kid up to pee.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:00 AM

340 posts, read 523,834 times
Double diapers (cloth) and rubber pants took care of night-time accidents after ours were daytime trained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting