Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 08:12 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,337,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
OMG! What next??? (Yet another reason to consider HomeSchooling!)

Transgender School Guidelines Put On Hold - Education News Story - WMTW Portland (http://www.wmtw.com/education/22709245/detail.html - broken link)

What do you think? Aren't the Privacy rights of other students valid???
I agree with the guy who commented on the difference between 'is' and 'believes'...

what the heck is wrong with parents, supporting/promoting this kind of thing? no wonder so many kids today are confused.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:39 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,193,238 times
Quote:
Look. I don't know who's gay and who's not and I certainly don't know what they are "thinking." But I do know that "parts is parts," and those with boy parts should not be in the girls room and those with girl parts should not be in the boys room. That's about as clear as I can make it. Good Nite.

Basically, as long as things seem appropriate, doesn't matter if they are. OK!

Old 03-24-2010, 08:24 AM

1,476 posts, read 2,019,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Basically, as long as things seem appropriate, doesn't matter if they are. OK!
Magritt, we cannot legislate based on a person's "thoughts" but we do have laws/rules based on physical, in this case, sexual body part differences and I believe those rules we have in America should hold. You may have a different opinion and that is your right. As I said, I think we need to "agree to disagree" on this one. Obviously, we are miles apart in our thinking and I don't think there is anything more to be gained from this discourse.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:46 AM

9,894 posts, read 21,953,141 times
Males (with a penis) should use the boys/mens room & females (with a vagina) should use the girls/womens room. End of discussion.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:54 AM

23 posts, read 34,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
Men shouldn't have to sit to urinate. I fail to see where getting rid of urinals in boy's and men's bathrooms would have anything to do with transgender people using them. A boy who thinks he's a girl was born with a penis. He knows what they look like and how they are used. What is the issue with a boy who has boy parts using the boy's bathroom?

Same with the girls.
I agree 100 percent with this remark except that if we are talking about public bathrooms where anyone can say... Hey, I'm female with a penis and can get into a girl's room and then rape someone or take pictures becasue there isn't really any effecient way of checking. What is wrong with just having doors on all the facilities? And yes, I'm a man! If they have doors separating toilets or urinals, then it doesn't matter to a person in a boy's body that he is going there...
How about instead of a picture of a person on the door, we have pictures of the outline of a penis and not a penis
Then would it matter? If the facilities were in stalls and not in the open?
Thanks

Old 09-28-2010, 03:08 AM

3,966 posts, read 6,846,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoquilter View Post
They should add a third bathroom that has neither a male or female on the door but a ? to identify it as being for transgender students.

lol

Old 09-28-2010, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidxen View Post
I would have loved that law when I was in elementary school. Boys would dare other boys to go into the girls toilets. The girls would all come out screaming and the group of boys outside would double over laughing. Then the poor boy who had taken the dare would be hauled up by the head master and given a couple of stroked of the cane.

Even though I really can not relate to the idea of transgender, if the 'boy' is dressing as a girl and living life as a girl then probably OK that they use the girls loo. On the other hand, I can just imagine a confused girl, living life as a boy standing at the urinal attempting to use it.

And finally, the problem with this sort of thing is the fear it generates. We have a friend who will not let her 13y.o. daughter use public restrooms and makes her wear good nites during to day as protection.
//www.city-data.com/blogs/blog1...parenting.html

So if this girl goes out with her parents she basically just has to go to the bathroom in a diaper? I mean do they let her change it because she would have to go into a bathroom for that *rollseyes*. I can't even imagine the damage they are doing mentally to this girl.

Old 09-28-2010, 03:31 AM

Quote:
OMG! What next??? (Yet another reason to consider HomeSchooling!)

Transgender School Guidelines Put On Hold - Education News Story - WMTW Portland (http://www.wmtw.com/education/22709245/detail.html - broken link)

What do you think? Aren't the Privacy rights of other students valid???

It will never stand up....because the amount of lawsuits this will generate alone would make places cringe. Once it goes through the court process it will be struck down. I don't see an issue with the unisex thing,but i am a miniority and don't feel that the comfort of other people should be placed on hold for my views. And to those of you who keep talking about the digusting nature of mens bathrooms, you must not use many female bathrooms either then. Because often they are pretty digusting too. Oh we might not pee on the floor....we just leave bloody tampons on the floor....discharge on the seat.....dirty diapers on the changing table.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:41 PM

3 posts, read 2,967 times
sskkc: "In Colorado, the perverts won a victory in the name of transgenders..."

Oh my gawd! Just when I think humans are finally evolving into intelligent life forms I hear someone spew out ignorant, misinformed, misguided garbage like that. "The Perverts"...wow...that right there says: I think I know everybody other than me better than they know themselves...there is nothing anyone else knows that I do not already know...since I already know everything about all things and everybody, I went ahead and made up my mind to the point of appointing myself Judge, Jury and executioner regarding all issues in life. Did you by any chance vote for GW Bush two terms in a row? Do you approve that Kenneth Star wasted over a quarter of a billion of yours and my tax dollars in purely partisan attack on Clinton? yikes!

Old 05-12-2012, 11:12 PM

652 posts, read 1,049,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoquilter View Post
They should add a third bathroom that has neither a male or female on the door but a ? to identify it as being for transgender students.

I could see where a transgender male might feel uncomfortable using the male bathroom as he/she may get harrassed or worse by the other males that are in the bathroom with him. Same probably goes for the transgender females. Adding a thrid bathroom similar to the family bathrooms that places like Wal-mart has would be a much better solution. Only one person at a time would be allowed to use it.

The biggest problem that I can see with allowing the opposite sex into a bathroom is that it won't just be transgender kids doing it. There is already enough kids of the opposite sex entering bathrooms for sex, and if a teacher saw a female student entering a male bathroom or visa versa they can pretty much conclude that it's probably to have sex. But now that the opposite sex can enter a bathroom makes it harder for people to know what the reason is for them to be in there.
I'd agree that a third bathroom option would make the most sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting