Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 08:24 AM

869 posts, read 1,488,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Girly4Words View Post
sskkc: "In Colorado, the perverts won a victory in the name of transgenders..."

Oh my gawd! Just when I think humans are finally evolving into intelligent life forms I hear someone spew out ignorant, misinformed, misguided garbage like that. "The Perverts"...wow...that right there says: I think I know everybody other than me better than they know themselves...there is nothing anyone else knows that I do not already know...since I already know everything about all things and everybody, I went ahead and made up my mind to the point of appointing myself Judge, Jury and executioner regarding all issues in life. Did you by any chance vote for GW Bush two terms in a row? Do you approve that Kenneth Star wasted over a quarter of a billion of yours and my tax dollars in purely partisan attack on Clinton? yikes!
While I dont know for certain...when I first read that it got me a little irritated to until I thought about it. he isnt saying that transgenders are perverts, but that perverts are using transgender as a way to be a pervert.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:33 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,826,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Males (with a penis) should use the boys/mens room & females (with a vagina) should use the girls/womens room. End of discussion.

Are you volunteering to check?

There are transgendered individuals ALREADY using the bathroom for the gender they are presenting as. If they can pass, you have no way of knowing what equipment they have...at least I assume no one is going around peeking under stalls to make sure. So basically the whole 'penises to the men's room' thing only applies to transgendered individuals who are not able to pass as their desired gender. There's a already a lot of pressure about this, including within the transgendered community itself. There are some who feel individuals who cannot pass are not 'truly' transgendered, and individuals who can't pass face far more derision and pressure from society to begin with. This is just an extension of that.

I'm really not sure what people are imagining goes on in a bathroom. For women, they're in a stall...so a transgendered individual who is biologically male is not going to see anything anyway. The women are not crouching down on the floor in plain view. For men, they use the urinal or a stall. A transgendered person who is biologically female will have to use a stall by necessity, so again they aren't seeing much.

And if someone IS caught leering, society has its ways of dealing with it. Tell a teacher or a security guard. We don't ban homosexuals from using the bathroom of the gender they're actually attracted to. A transgendered individual may or may not be attracted to the same sex they are presenting as...transgendered individuals can be hetrosexual or homosexual.

Having a third bathroom (and the ? mark joke really wasn't funny) is just another way to single out individuals who can't pass...individuals who can will go right among using the bathroom of their choice. Just think...they're already among you!

Old 05-13-2012, 09:41 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,569,287 times
I think transgender issues probably belong in Great Debates. We had a recent thread about gender-neutral pronouns in school, which wasn't really about parenting but might have been interesting to parents, so I kept it. However, the thread became a debate about transgenderism, what it is, whether it exists, etc., and I think this one will too.

There are also threads about transgendered people on P&OC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting