Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Homosexuality still bother you?
Yes 25 18.25%
No 112 81.75%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 12:39 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,294,544 times

Advertisements

It will always be a problem being gay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 01:15 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,433,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Defiance View Post
As a parent, I am still getting over the fact that my daughter is a homosexual. It's been quite rough.

So does homosexuality still bother you?

Where I am from we teach our children right saying that homosexuality is not OK.

What do you think?
Love your child.

There are already enough narrow minded bigots in this world that are going to hate her.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:02 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,338,908 times
Quote:
As a parent, I am still getting over the fact that my daughter is a homosexual. It's been quite rough.

Where I am from we teach our children right saying that homosexuality is not OK.

What do you think?
Go to a PFLAG support group http://community.pflag.org/Page.aspx?pid=194&srcid=-2
you will have people there dealing with same situation as you
You really need to love your child, teen suicide is higher in gay teens
who belong in a non-supportive family

Old 03-09-2010, 08:17 AM

112 posts, read 179,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueIsraelite View Post
How is it hateful? I see no reason to keep homosexuals around. The point of being with a person is to make children you can't do that when its 2 men or 2 women. So therefore they are a drain on society.Everyone should contribute something to society.
I somehow doubt that I won't contribute to society when I finish my Masters degree in Forensic Psychology this year. Wouldn't be surprised if I was profiling you in the future. Just the fact you think the only purpose of humans is to procreate calls for alarm.

Your extremist ideology is the only thing I see as a burden to our society.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:23 AM

13,290 posts, read 15,251,695 times
Quote:

What do you think?
Are you still gay?

Homosexuality never bothered me

If you'd do a little research into child development you'd see some interesting things about how children view sexuality.

First, children are bothered by all forms of sexuality. This is a survival instinct. It's dangerous to come into contact with another person's bodily fluids (saliva, semen, mucus, urine, blood, vomit, etc). Children are conditioned to accept certain types of behaviors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid
eww gross
Quote:
Originally Posted by parents
mommies and daddies kiss because they love each other
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid
eww gross
Over time development and social clues show children that certain dangerous behaviors are ok.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:27 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,731,483 times
Quote:
How is it hateful? I see no reason to keep homosexuals around. The point of being with a person is to make children you can't do that when its 2 men or 2 women. So therefore they are a drain on society.Everyone should contribute something to society.
Unbelievable.

Straight folks are so busy making unwanted children that abortion (which I do support) is common place and at least a half a million unwanted children come of age in the foster care system every year.

Who do you think is applying to adopt these unwanted children in unprecedented numbers? It isn't straight couples. They want infants. Same-sex couples are applying to adopt these older children than no one else seems to care about.

An estimated 65,500 adopted children are living with a lesbian or gay parent. Same-sex couples raising adopted children are older, more educated, and have more economic resources than other adoptive parents. In addition, an estimated 14,100 foster children are living with lesbian or gay parents.

Rather than acting as a drain on society, these people are adopting, raising, and loving children that nobody else wants.

Maybe straight people should consider a moratorium on reproduction. It seems to me that there are already enough children whose biological parents can't or won't raise them to adulthood.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:38 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,440,837 times
I really don't care what other people do in their personal lives. Frankly, I'm trying to figure why it has to be public. Just do what you're going to do in your own home and leave me out of it. It's your life, not mine. I don't make public my sexual preferences becuase it's NOYB.

Some stuff is best left private.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:41 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,195,928 times
why would it bother me? im not doing it.
however when militants rant at me and wana share unsolicited info about their sex life with me, now that bothers me. jerry falwell is just as unpleasant in pink. i got gay friends but homey dont play dat.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Actually, the childless pay more than their fair share. They pay more taxes than parents and then don't use services like public schools or WIC or subsidized day care. So, how are they a drain on society?

Sorry but it's people with children who are a drain on society. We take more than we contribute. The schools here get most of what my dh and I pay in total taxes in monies to educate our children. If we had no children, that money wouldn't have to be paid and we'd pay more taxes because we wouldn't be able to write off the kids.

The truth is, childless couples are subsidizing couples with children. You should be thanking them not calling them a drain on society.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
why would it bother me? im not doing it.
however when militants rant at me and wana share unsolicited info about their sex life with me, now that bothers me. jerry falwell is just as unpleasant in pink. i got gay friends but homey dont play dat.
I agree. I really don't care what you do and I scratch my head when people think they need to tell me. I don't tell you what I do in my own home and I really don't want to know what you do in yours. It's called PRIVACY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting