Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Homosexuality still bother you?
Yes 25 18.25%
No 112 81.75%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:58 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,835,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
One of my favorite things about those who are 'all accepting' is the way they jump to judge and insult those who do not agree with them right away! If someone disagrees with your stance, then they are "PHOBIC" and a "HATER".

Gotta love a liberal's lack of logic!
The only persons who would potentially be a target of an aggressive confrontation by Gays (or supporters of equal rights) would be those who have expressed an extreme intolerance of letting folks live their lives honestly and openly.

No one is going to care about your personal beliefs or acceptance of others unless you have made it an issue to someone else, and then they have just as much as a right as you do to challenge that belief, so your whole argument is a bunch of crap.

Last edited by T. Damon; 03-11-2010 at 02:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 02:00 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,643,896 times
Quote:
One of my favorite things about those who are 'all accepting' is the way they jump to judge and insult those who do not agree with them right away! If someone disagrees with your stance, then they are "PHOBIC" and a "HATER".

Gotta love a liberal's awesome logic!
Fixed it for you

For your information, I highly doubt liberals care about your stance. They care more about the reasoning behind it. Sorry, but if your reasoning has no logical sense behind it and reeks of hate, then obviously, you are going to get called out on it

What's wrong with a simple "I don't agree with their lifestyle and my reasons are personal and that's that"? But oh no, we must elaborate on it, musn't we? Then you risk criticism

Gotta love a conservative's bible-thumping, racist pushing, self-hating rant

Old 03-11-2010, 02:14 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,917,721 times
For your information, I highly doubt liberals care about your stance.

lol

Then why...
1) Start polls asking for it

and

2) Do gays feel they have to announce it... for instance... when is the STRAIGHT PARADE?

Those of us who are actually okay with who we are and aren't 'doing it for attention' don't need bumper stickers, T-shirts, parades, etc that announce it

The only persons who would potentially be a target of an aggressive confrontation by Gays would be those who have expressed an extreme intolerance of letting folks live their lives honestly and openly.

Go back and read page ONE of this thread.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:03 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,025,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I deal with it, but yes, I'm a closet Homophobe. Not as bad as I once was. It is more in the open now, especially here in Austin.

I get along fine with gays, socialize fine with them, but it icks me out. Especially two dudes. I'm biased!
Two chicks, and I can always fantasize about getting in the middle. (like they would really want a dude) WAKE UP!

I can totally see how more women would be totally cool with it, compared to Hetero men.
The ick factor is just proof that you're truly heterosexual.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:03 PM

426 posts, read 789,894 times
I don't seem to understand why people really care of another persons sexual preference. This isn't the beginning of life, we've been walking earth for centuries now. Homosexuality has been around for years...I think that it was hidden for so long for men because a man would have to proof to his family that he can offer offspring to keep the name going. I can't tell you what would attract someone to the same sex and I surly don't remember waking up and having a preference in men. All I know is that i'm happy with my life and when I have kids they will be accepted no matter what their sexuality is.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:01 PM

8,274 posts, read 12,825,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueIsraelite View Post
How is it hateful? I see no reason to keep homosexuals around. The point of being with a person is to make children you can't do that when its 2 men or 2 women. So therefore they are a drain on society.Everyone should contribute something to society.
I'd say many of the "contributions" given are less than ideal in society. If your only measure of worth is progeny then I'd say you have a warped view of life. It would appear you also have no need for the celibate (there go the priests) the infertile, and the elderly... after all once they have served their reproductive purposes, what use are they?

While I really don't care what you believe and think you are welcome to your belief. I find it is rather poorly thought out. Not everyone fits in your square peg for a square hole world.

you say we have no use for the homosexuals as they don't contribute.
Michelangelo, Da Vinci, Leonard Bernstein, countless actors, leaders, emperors, kings, scientists, designers, hair dressers and yes even waiters..... Contribute. Not a day goes by in your life you are not touched by something originating from someone gay.

Why do you limit contribution to a deposit of sperm near an egg? is this the summation of human existence? I would argue we are far more than progeny. I would never assume the parents of Ted Bundy didn't contribute something of greater value.

I certainly hope you leave more of a mark than offspring. Someone once had a belief that Jews had no value or purpose and should be eradicated. Others have said the same for blacks, females, little people, and probably every other group out of the mainstream. I suggest it takes many diverse ingredients to make the soup good.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:10 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,603,374 times
I don't have any probs with gays, although just based on my friendship with a suitemate in college I've found them to be a bit cliquish (but no more or less so than other minorities).

What I've noticed though is that a few of my pretty liberal friends who're now married & with kids have expressed discomfort living in neighborhoods known to be gay-friendly. Sometimes they use coded phrases like the area is "anti-family", or there are too many clubs/lounges, or it's "rowdy" at night, or it's too "artsy/bohemian", or the neighborhood has too many "single people." I hate to criticize them since I'm not married yet and can't really say how I would feel raising a child in a more adult-oriented neighborhood.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:32 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,643,896 times
Quote:
For your information, I highly doubt liberals care about your stance.

lol

Then why...
1) Start polls asking for it

and

2) Do gays feel they have to announce it... for instance... when is the STRAIGHT PARADE?

Those of us who are actually okay with who we are and aren't 'doing it for attention' don't need bumper stickers, T-shirts, parades, etc that announce it
Lololololobbqwtfkthxbaiyj0ohatinrotftorch

1) Does bears bother you? Do you hate milk? How do you like your eggs cooked? It's asking for your opinion, which is the purpose of a poll

2) Straights announce their straightness all the time. You know those rings you wear? And those hugs in public? And the kiss? And having children? Talking about your SO? Announcing it right there

Old 03-12-2010, 05:22 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,683,387 times
IMO its all good as long as their "agenda" is not forced on me. Would I rather my children not be gay or lesbian? If I were making the choice yes. I just think that would complicate their lives since society as a whole is not fully accepting of it. I would not want them to have to deal with that, and yes I would be somewhat disappointed at their choice.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:07 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,339,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
IMO its all good as long as their "agenda" is not forced on me. Would I rather my children not be gay or lesbian? If I were making the choice yes. I just think that would complicate their lives since society as a whole is not fully accepting of it. I would not want them to have to deal with that, and yes I would be somewhat disappointed at their choice.
Where did you get the idea that sexual orientation (which includes biological, emotional, mental, physical and sexual components) is any sort of choice?

Seriously this whole "choice" thing is pure propaganda from religious right organizations like Focus on the Family, NARTH etc. I'm certainly tired of their "agenda" being forced on everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting