Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Homosexuality still bother you?
Yes 25 18.25%
No 112 81.75%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 07:46 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,688,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Where did you get the idea that sexual orientation (which includes biological, emotional, mental, physical and sexual components) is any sort of choice?

Seriously this whole "choice" thing is pure propaganda from religious right organizations like Focus on the Family, NARTH etc. I'm certainly tired of their "agenda" being forced on everyone.

Please don't lump me in with the religious right. They have their opinions and I have mine. I don't tell others what they should/should not do, or how to/not to live. I say that I would not want this lifestyle for my children. That's the way I feel. It should not be considered criminal to feel that way. I am not forcing anyone else to agree with me either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 07:59 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,940,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
Lololololobbqwtfkthxbaiyj0ohatinrotftorch

1) Does bears bother you? Bears rarely throw parades in their own honor, and they aren't seeking to get married... or is that what you are comparing gay people to - animals? Interesting viewpoint you have there

Do you hate milk? How do you like your eggs cooked? I don't want to work along side milk, scrambled eggs or bears. I also don't think that any of those three should have the same rights as I do. If I saw an egg driving a car, I'd probably be very disturbed.

It's asking for your opinion, which is the purpose of a poll

That was my point. A poll asking for opinions. They are given and the response is "no one cares for your opinion". Not when they don't line up with the one the OP has, I'm sure.

2) Straights announce their straightness all the time. You know those rings you wear? And those hugs in public? And the kiss? And having children? Talking about your SO? Announcing it right there

I have seen Rosie O'Donnell do all those things - hug a man, wear wedding rings, kiss a man, she has children, talks about her SO... now you're telling me that means she's STRAIGHT? Has someone told her?

I've made the point in this thread earlier- there is a decided lack of logic being displayed here. I have not stated that gay people make me uncomfortable, I've stated that they choose to scream out their differences, ask others what they think of them, then declare they don't care and insult others.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:37 AM

1,743 posts, read 2,159,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Are you kidding? You equate bad credit as being worse than her daughter living in sin daily? No wonder you people are so screwed up!
Living in sin according to whom? Your little hand-me-down bronze age tribal totem god from the buy-bull?

Your idea of "sin" is the opinions of the ignorant desert goat herders who wrote your holy book.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:39 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,343,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I'm not sure I understand the "unless you are in jail" bit you added.
...Well, there's a distinct lack of females in there... I'm pretty sure it was mostly a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
One of my favorite things about those who are 'all accepting' is the way they jump to judge and insult those who do not agree with them right away! If someone disagrees with your stance, then they are "PHOBIC" and a "HATER".

Gotta love a liberal's lack of logic!
You can think and say whatever you want, hell, I even think it's important.

That said: If someone says something moronic, I'm going to dispute their point. Just as I'm sure they'd do mine, if they found them appalling.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:57 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,647,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
Bears rarely throw parades in their own honor, and they aren't seeking to get married... or is that what you are comparing gay people to - animals? Interesting viewpoint you have there

Twisting my words here. Try again. And humans are considered animals by scientists. But you're a creationist, right?

I don't want to work along side milk, scrambled eggs or bears. I also don't think that any of those three should have the same rights as I do. If I saw an egg driving a car, I'd probably be very disturbed.

How silly Getting off topic...

That was my point. A poll asking for opinions. They are given and the response is "no one cares for your opinion". Not when they don't line up with the one the OP has, I'm sure.

The poll is just that. It asks for opinions. I think you are referring to the thread

I have seen Rosie O'Donnell do all those things - hug a man, wear wedding rings, kiss a man, she has children, talks about her SO... now you're telling me that means she's STRAIGHT? Has someone told her?
Strawman and the last time I've checked, Rosie was a lesbian

And she's on TV. Just like straights. Choosing only one person to represent the whole community is silly. If you look around in your own area, you're more likely to see straights doing those things than gays (unless you were in the Castro in SF )

Really, if you are going to be sarcastic, you might want to try the Religion/Philosophy I would expect better from a full grown adult

I've made the point in this thread earlier- there is a decided lack of logic being displayed here. I have not stated that gay people make me uncomfortable, I've stated that they choose to scream out their differences, ask others what they think of them, then declare they don't care and insult others.
Who is screaming? Did someone yell in your ear? List these declarations and insults?

What you consider to be "insults" may be a logical argument refuting the other person's position. The last time I've checked, a bigot and a homophobe are not insults, especially when posts reek of it

Old 03-12-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueIsraelite View Post
How is it hateful? I see no reason to keep homosexuals around. The point of being with a person is to make children you can't do that when its 2 men or 2 women. So therefore they are a drain on society.Everyone should contribute something to society.
So you mean my cousin and his wife (both degreed professionals - one a physician and cancer researcher, the other an artist and teacher) are a drain on society and should be killed or exiled from society because they are sterile and unable to have children? Having children is the only way anyone can ever contribute to society? Really?

What a scary and pathetic person you are..

Old 03-12-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I really don't care what other people do in their personal lives. Frankly, I'm trying to figure why it has to be public.
I often wonder the same about religionists and Christians. Why can't they keep their ridiculous beliefs private, where they belong, and out of our schools, laws, government and media?

Quote:
Just do what you're going to do in your own home and leave me out of it. It's your life, not mine. I don't make public my sexual preferences becuase it's NOYB.
You would if your rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness were stripped from you based on your sexual orientation.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:48 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,053,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
So you mean my cousin and his wife (both degreed professionals - one a physician and cancer researcher, the other an artist and teacher) are a drain on society and should be killed or exiled from society because they are sterile and unable to have children? Having children is the only way anyone can ever contribute to society? Really?

What a scary and pathetic person you are..
As a woman who struggled for years to have children, I am in complete agreement with you there. Had we lived even just a few decades ago, my husband and I would never have been able to conceive. Frankly, I am horrified that anyone would question my value to society based on my ability to bear children. It's a specious argument.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:25 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueIsraelite View Post
How is it hateful? I see no reason to keep homosexuals around. The point of being with a person is to make children you can't do that when its 2 men or 2 women. So therefore they are a drain on society.Everyone should contribute something to society.
Wow, you have some serious hate issues here. If they start putting gays to death now, who is next? More than likely the blacks since they are the second most hated group in this country, and maybe the Jews, Catholics, oh yea definitely the muslims. When will it stop?

So tell me true, what is it about the gays that really make you feel the way that you do? Is it the man on man action (that bothers many men)? Is it the fact that many gay women are off of the market? Or is it just a simple moral issue that has more to do with religious beliefs? Naw, it could not be that b/c in every religion it tells you in one form or another to love your fellow man. It did not say unless they are gay.

The only thing that I can suggest to you is to do what racist whites do that don't like blacks.......Live somewhere that the gay lifestyle is not prevalent and than you would not have to worry about it

Old 03-12-2010, 06:43 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Here is a thought. I think that I know why many religious types are repelled by the thought that homosexuality is not a choice. If it is true (which I believe) that means that God would have made a mistake which contradicts the fact that he is infalliable. This in turn undermines many things that the Bible teaches....and this cannot occur in their eyes.

I personally believe that God created heter/homosexual people in the same light but for different reasons only known to him. Have you ever took time to think that if homosexuals never existed how overpopulated the world would be today?

I believe that in most cases homosexuality is not a choice and there are children that know that they are attracted to the same sex BEFORE anyone can put it in their minds that it is abnormal/normal. Just to quote chris rock "they just did not have anybody to be gay with"
Now, saying that I also realize that there are people for whatever reason enjoy the sexual experience with a same sex partner. There are others who had a very bad experience with the opposite sex and were comforted by a gay person and eventually fell in love with that person. This scenario usually happens with women in cases of incest, child abuse, and rape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting