Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does Homosexuality still bother you?
Yes 25 18.25%
No 112 81.75%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 12:11 AM

170 posts, read 398,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamOrbit View Post
Let me ask this: Should we execute homosexuals?
So you fail at one side of the argument and resort to this. Irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2010, 12:13 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,461,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
and it is CHOICE to engage or not in homosexual behavior.
And it is also a choice then to engage in heterosexual behavior. Being gay is not more a choice then being straight. Besides, how the heck would you know if a gay person made the choice, since you are straight. That is like a white person saying they know what it is like to be a black person. Not.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:16 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,602,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipMC View Post
Oh sure they spread it around. But is it at the same rate as homosexuals? Not even close.
Do you even understand how HIV is transmitted? Certain types of sex (anal) provide a much easier route for transmission. Before you point fingers at an entire group of people, it might be a good idea to educate yourself.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:23 AM

37,077 posts, read 42,043,953 times
It doesn't bother me. If they really are then they really are, there is nothing else to say. It would bother me knowing that someone was gay and keeping it a secret because that person would be miserable.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:32 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,782,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamOrbit View Post
Let me ask this: Should we execute homosexuals?
Maybe we should execute you for saying that. In fact i think its time all us "Homosexuals" restort to mild violence against Homophobes. Teach them a very mild chilling lesson. Alot of Homophobes ive dealt with via fighting or some other thing usually leave me alone after a few mins. I carry a Tazer , I tend to aim for there private region , or a simple kick in the nuts and then the punch in the face. I used to be a non Violent person when it came to this issue , but being violent sometimes is needed. I also like the fact that straight people are afraid to report it to the police becuz they got beaten by a Gay person.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:43 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,068,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
That statistic doesn't mean much other than to say that HIV is easily passed by unprotected anal sex. I think you're trying to make it sound like most gay men are infected with HIV. The truth is that most gay men (about 90%) are not.

But since you like statistics, did you know that heterosexual sex is responsible for the murdering of a million unborn children every year in the U.S.? Talk about disgusting.

Which is worse? A minority of gay men getting infected with HIV, or a million babies being murdered by heterosexuals every year? I think the answer is clear. Heterosexuals are baby killers.

Noy have you gone over to the wacky side. Heterosexual sex murders babies? LOL ABORTION MURDERS BABIES, not sex. Liberals providing abortion murders babies.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:45 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,822,550 times
There sure are a lot of troubled people on this forum. As they say, those who so loudly proclaim some trait in another person is a sin are likely those who truly have sinned themselves. I look at the responses to the thread... and I know I'm looking at some people who have cheated on their spouse, lied, stolen, or worse. Yet with no shame, they'll be quick judge another human. What a tragedy.

To the OP:

Do not be bound by the teaching of the past. God gave us the ability to learn. With that ability comes an inherent trait -- the tendency to fail. To be wrong. The fact that we can learn means we must at certain times (perhaps most times?) be wrong. We are, after all, only human. We are always wrong, until we are right. Humans taught that the world was flat; that women were property of men; that slavery was OK; that smoking was safe; that there were 9 planets.

Consider what your life would be if you had never given birth to your daughter. Or if she were taken from you as a child, by violence or disease. What if any of the serendipitous events in your life had not happened as they did... what would you be? In the end, we are all mostly recording vessels -- we live life, make life, watch it pass, see people go. We take nothing with us but memories and love.

The ONE thing, the ONLY thing we can truly do correctly as humans on this earth is this: give unconditional love. Unconditional. As God would do. It's definitely not easy -- but for those who are up to the task, true joy awaits.

For you and your daughter's sake, I hope you are up to the task. Instead of asking whether something about your daughter bothers other people, ask how can you yourself can better provide unconditional love to her.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:48 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,407,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
You don't say how old your daughter is and there is a lot of influance and instilled confusion by the gay community on young people. They ask them "how do you know you are not gay unless you try it" or "it is normal to question your sexuality".

I would ask your daughter why she thinks she is gay. What made her start thinking she is gay? I would then do a lot of research and show her what she would be supporting as part of the gay community. Start with Kevin Jennings and his affiliations, the history of NAMBLA and Harry Hay, the suggested reading for youngsters by GLSEN (who honored Harry Hay), what is acceptable behavior by gays in gay pride parades, medical issues that are more prevalent for gays because of their behavior. Maybe if she saw what that world was all about she would not want to be part of it. They have been very sucessful in confusing young people.

Here is a good place to start: Breitbart

In other words do some research and find out more about the gay community and be informed when you talk to your daughter. You may also consider how it will impact your life. What kind of people will she bring to your home, your family events.
Wow. And did you choose to be heterosexual? Have you been "confused"?

Old 03-07-2010, 12:52 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,068,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
OK; when did you choose to be straight dcslcd? Do you remember a day when you woke up and made a decision to be straight or gay? Did you really do that? Honestly now, did you or did you not make a choice? I did not make the choice to be gay, it is something that I remember from since I was at least 5 years old. I did not know what gay meant or what sex really was, but I knew I was attracted to males and not females.

It would clearly take a mental health issue for any 5 year old to even think of sex or sexual attraction. It is normal for boys to think "yucky girls" or girls to think "yucky boys". The degenerate mind may confuse an admiration for a child of the same sex because of some attribute, like being a fast runner, funny, smart or taller for a sexual attraction. No child of 5 knows they are gay unless someone put that degeneracy in their minds.

Normal just is, gays have to decide they are gay, question their sexuality because of some kink in the brain or outside influance.

Old 03-07-2010, 01:10 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,161,201 times
I went through a homophobe period, mainly because I wasn't expose to gay people and I was taught that being homosexual or bisexual is a huge no no. I used to believe that being gay was a choice or some outside influences. It wasn't until high school when I seen many openly gay students and even a couple of gay teachers(at least it seem that way because they were feminine). Many gay people are cool and have a humorous personality. Once being a high school student and being expose to gay/bi students, I became more accepting of them What also helped me got over it is educating myself about the GLB community and realize that a person's sexual orientation isn't a choice. Gays face hate crimes, some end up getting murdered just because of their sexuality. I think some of the fear comes from the way of thinking that homosexuality is a choice and fear that many people will convert to a gay lifestyle and the gay population might surpass the hetero population. Its nonsense if you think since there were gay people in the ancient times. So its not like being gay is some trend and something you can convert to.

For the past few years, my way of thinking has become more liberal. I can say now that homosexuality doesn't bother me. It doesn't affect my life, so I don't see the point in trying so hard to dictate people for having a preference or exclusively liking the same sex. People should leave them alone in peace. I must admit that if I ever have a child, I rather my son or daughter to be straight because they wouldn't be threatened by hateful people and all the other baggage for being gay. My family in general is oppose to gay marriage. I will still accept them if it does happen. You should accept your daughter for who she is. Nothing you say will change her homosexuality.

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 03-07-2010 at 01:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting