Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2007, 07:59 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,387 times

Advertisements

I was at the neighborhood pool for a couple hours this afternoon, relaxing, catching some rays, and macking on the cute lifeguards (who are of legal age).

There was a large group of girls there who looked like they weren't even close to being out of elementary school. My best guess would be they were rising 4th graders.

In walks a group of boys, roughly the same age. Cue the requisite giggling, poking, and whispering, all done surreptitiously and at a safe distance from the alien "group".

Finally, some of the boys get brave, and one by one, they start inching their way closer to the female group.

Just as the alpha male is making his move, flanked by a couple of his minions, the girls band together, face the boys, and chant in unison, "If you ain't got no money, take your broke ass home!"

This scenario repeated itself at least five times, as every fifteen minutes or so, one or two of the boys would get brave and start working his way toward the girls.

Nine years old and already on the road to being gold-digging sluts. I guess it didn't matter that the alpha dog and at least one of his buddies could do a full gainer off the low dive, as well as a one-and-a-half with a half-twist off the high... the kind of stuff that used to be able to get an elementary school kid halfway to first base back when I was growing up. Nowadays, if you don't have dubs on your Schwinn and at least 150 Playstation games, you ain't getting any somethin-somethin in the corner of the shallow end.

Those of you who have kids, do you think wealth and material possessions take a position of importance in a kid's life much earlier than they used to? When I was growing up in the 90s, that stuff didn't matter until we neared 16 and everyone started getting cars.

I'd be interested to hear about other experiences any of you have encountered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2007, 11:43 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,575,509 times
Default Lit match anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Nine years old and already on the road to being gold-digging sluts.
.... you ain't getting any somethin-somethin in the corner of the shallow end.

.... When I was growing up in the 90s, that stuff didn't matter until we neared 16 and everyone started getting cars.
Wow! You're good at this inciting game, aren't you?

Somethin-somethin for 4th graders? Boy did I grow up in a conservative world. I didn't even want somethin' until 7th grade and wasn't ready for somethin-somethin for a few years more.

You grew up all the way back in the 90's? Any chance you're referring to the 1890's?

Old 06-04-2007, 12:15 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,410 times
that stuff didnt even matter when we were 16 and yes it was the 1990s-lol. Of course i went to small town high too. The girls probably werent even being serious, My daughter is in the 5th grade and they love to harass the boys. and by the way, that song "if you aint got no money" is a new one by Fergie which is probably why they were singing it.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:21 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,655,275 times
Oh yes, it seems to matter now. We got our stepdaughter some "clogs" for Christmas (she was 9). Right off the bat she wanted to know if they were REAL Birkenstocks! Amazing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting