Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 11:38 AM

88,057 posts, read 83,912,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
Recently I flashed my headlights at someone who was backing out onto a main road in the early morning darkness without their lights on, into oncoming traffic. Naturally, I got flipped off. There's only so much you can do.
That has happened to me as a car without headlights was approaching from the other direction one night, plus I got called names out the window as they drove by.

I just kept going, knowing there was a cop down the street to whose presence I'd been trying to alert them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 01:31 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,675,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I have a friend who, after I have passed on an innocuous email, will write back to tell me that according to snopes.com the email is untrue or inaccurate. I'm not sure why I find this so annoying, since of course I want to know that my cell phone number is not going to be turned over to the telemarketers, for example, but I do.
I guess the reason why you annoy people is that you seem to need to appear superior to them.
You could remedy that by checking out snopes before you forward something.

A few things that have been around that are blatant misinformation or lies could do some harm if followed or believed. I've received some of those myself from people who don't know to check them out before using that forward button. I always send back the correct info to the sender.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:23 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,014,813 times
Regarding e-mail forwards, I consider them spam and ignore them. That said, if the message is offensive, I will take the time to write back, explaining that I am not an appropriate recipient for those types of e-mails. If that doesn't work, I block the sender.

Last edited by formercalifornian; 03-17-2010 at 05:14 PM..

Old 03-23-2010, 06:34 AM

50,014 posts, read 63,359,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Yeah, this is why my own mother only gets my junk e-mail address.
Aren't you glad that your friend let's you know that you can stop worrying about your cell phone number and that there isn't lead in lipstick. I'd bet if you actually considered using Coke cola for birth control you'd be happy if your friend checked it out and let you know it won't work. Wouldn't you like to know before you start a local campaign against Oscar Mayer that they really do support the troops? And, I hate to be the one to tell you, but no matter how many times you forward the innocuous e-mail to your friends, Bill Gates isn't sending you any money.

Funny.
But my point was that it is more about the other person's need to point out a mistake by someone else that causes others to find them abrasive.

Don't paint me as one of those random forwarders, Bro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting