Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 11:44 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,680,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
These aren't the years that we can be their friends. It is good if we can come together and compromise about certain issues but not all of them. I was enemy #1 for a few years.
If we only knew as much as they do we'd be all set. Can you even imagine if the intelligence of our teen years would spill over into our adult years.... Wow. What a world this would be !!! We'd have cures for everything and the world would be perfect.

If any adult got too big of head thinking they are smart, all they have to do is ask a teen to set them straight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 12:52 PM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,479,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
If we only knew as much as they do we'd be all set. Can you even imagine if the intelligence of our teen years would spill over into our adult years.... Wow. What a world this would be !!! We'd have cures for everything and the world would be perfect.

If any adult got too big of head thinking they are smart, all they have to do is ask a teen to set them straight.

Old 03-20-2010, 04:56 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,158,302 times
Quote:
Then we'll be neighbors.

We can sit in front of the sunny windows in rocking chairs and knit all day long. Or play bingo if we have our wits about us.

That is, of course, AFTER we get our meds adjusted so we can sit still and not be yelling at our pretend teens to turn the music down in our heads.
Padding, rocking chairs AND meds????..... sounds like heaven!

Quote:
I was wondering why there aren't more support groups for mom's of teens? They have all the mommy and me groups, etc for the mother's of children 5 and under. Heck, those years were much easier in some ways because the kids did everything (well, almost everything)we asked. Don't you think there needs to be more support for moms of teens? IMO, teen's go through so much more during these years and so do we as parents. We truly need all the support we can get from other veteran mom's.
I think that support groups for moms of teens are called "happy hour".

Old 03-20-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
Padding, rocking chairs AND meds????..... sounds like heaven!

I think that support groups for moms of teens are called "happy hour".
C'mon over. There's always room for one more. There are LOTS of padded rooms and meds and rocking chairs.

In addition to the happy hour, there is "Lady's Night". They're kind of like holidays. And the best part? THEY DON'T ALLOW TEENAGERS IN !!!

Old 03-20-2010, 10:59 PM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,479,004 times
Quote:
C'mon over. There's always room for one more. There are LOTS of padded rooms and meds and rocking chairs.

In addition to the happy hour, there is "Lady's Night". They're kind of like holidays. And the best part? THEY DON'T ALLOW TEENAGERS IN !!!
Sounds like fun!

I'm so glad this post exists.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Sounds like fun!

I'm so glad this post exists.
Yep, just hook me up to an IV and take it out when she turns 20.

No, she tells me she will be out of the house the day she turns 18. Wake me up then.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:09 AM

210 posts, read 743,568 times
Default Storms off

Our 20 year old storms out the door if he doesnt get what he wants. My wife and i were to leave for the weekend, our youngest got ill so we couldnt go. The 20 year old asked if his friend (a female and not a girlfriend) can still come over for the weekend. WHAT!!????? He took it upon himself to invite this friend over for the weekend. When we said no, he stormed off. We explained to him he is a little to old for sleepovers, and if he wanted a sleepover he could do it in HIS own house. He then explained to us that he cant move out because he is just a kid.... A KID!!??? 20?? Someone help me out here, was i wrong?

Old 03-21-2010, 10:19 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,158,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonguru View Post
Our 20 year old storms out the door if he doesnt get what he wants. My wife and i were to leave for the weekend, our youngest got ill so we couldnt go. The 20 year old asked if his friend (a female and not a girlfriend) can still come over for the weekend. WHAT!!????? He took it upon himself to invite this friend over for the weekend. When we said no, he stormed off. We explained to him he is a little to old for sleepovers, and if he wanted a sleepover he could do it in HIS own house. He then explained to us that he cant move out because he is just a kid.... A KID!!??? 20?? Someone help me out here, was i wrong?
hahahahahha! Wrong? NOOOOOOOOO! Next time make a video of the encounter and post it to YouTube. It will go viral when all of us parents of teens see it for the laughs and to reinforce that we are the parents, darn it, no matter what silly arguements they make.....

We explained to him he is a little to old for sleepovers, and if he wanted a sleepover he could do it in HIS own house. The take home line that is just perfect.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:43 AM

821 posts, read 2,033,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Last year my son left ONE CLEAT home on game day. I can understand forgetting your cleats. Everybody forgets things now and then. It was game day and the child took ONE CLEAT to school with him. He is brilliant, gets straight As in honors/AP classes. He was captain of the JV football team and he forgot ONE CLEAT. How does that happen?
You actually have me here laughing I love this thread.

I have a 9 year old so i do have time before the teen years really kicks in although she does call me at work Every Day I've told her she can call me if its important. If its something not important just call me at 4:30... Never listens everyday I get a call around 4:00 pm asking:

What are you making for dinner?
How do you spell this word? there are other adults there to help her.. LOL
Lil brother just took her notebook!

I could go on and on... LOL

Old 03-23-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Yep, just hook me up to an IV and take it out when she turns 20.

No, she tells me she will be out of the house the day she turns 18. Wake me up then.
I was informed yesterday that I will have to throw her out because she's not leaving. Ever.

She was told, "Yes, you ARE leaving, but you can take me with you if you want.".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting